i have quite some of them on my face.
under my nose, my eyebrow, my cheeks...

looks so ugly!

how to get rid of them??

P.S. i dun wanna any surgery

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Blackheads are not fun when trying to get rid of. Extraction works best for me. I haven't had many, but when I do I will always use my blackhead extractor. This is a small, metal, circular instrument that is centered on the comedone/blackhead and pushes down the surrounding skin, causing it to un plug. Using this is a lot easier than using your fingers. Plus it helps keeping the area from being infected. Lots of germs on those fingers-
Try warming a wash cloth placing it on the area, then using the extractor. This seems to do it for me!! Here are a few links you might find helpful-

Types Of Blackhead Extractors
Acne - Blackheads & Whiteheads

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Blackheads are caused by air acting on clogged pores which are full of grease or sebum. Facial saunas can help loosen them and bring them to the surface.

• Steam your face with water that has just bolied and put in few drops of tea-tree oil.
Also, facial masks and scrubs if used regularly will encourage blackheads [comedomes] to the surface.

A Kaolin Mask is very good as a treatment because it contains chalk. This absorbs the oil in the blocked pore.

If you buy a small metal tool called a commedo extractor, you can remove blackheads if they surface. Take care though because you could cause bruising and permanent damage.

Professional advice is NEVER to squeeze blackheads. Perhaps you could consult a beautician to help with their extraction.

You do not need surgery to remove blackheads.

Regards,

redrose

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just make sure to wash your face at least twice a day, and maybe consider using some topical stuff you can get OTC or from your dermatologist.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Retin-A .04% and up use will also remove and prevent blackheads...but it's slow-going. You may not see improvement for a couple of months. In the meantime, extraction.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I agree with fawnie. Salicylic acid is probably the only thing available for home use that really helps dissolve the blackheads and clean out clogged pores. Blackheads are like mentioned hardened sebum, keratin and dead skin cell that resists coming off. It's sort of stuck in the pores like a wax plug. The most effective treatment I have found are fairly strong weekly peels with salicylic acid or a combination of salicylic and lactic acids. This is the only treatment that has cleaned out my pores. I no longer have blackheads or breakouts. It's an ongoing procedure with weekly treatments but it works, and easy to do at home. I use a combination of 20% salcylic/30% lactic acid peel and I have become very happy with my skin.

I have tried every thing from harsh cleansers, creams that dry out the skin, benzoyl / salicylic products but it is the weekly peels that really have made a difference. It also makes other treatments like masks, biore strips and cleansers with salicylic acid work better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2blue, where did you get the peels? I saw some peels on Amazon, but was concerned they may be too harsh, or I don't know what I'm doing with them. I'm interested for my 13 year old daughter as she has really bad acne and nothing has worked... trips to the dermatologist, differin (sp?), Dupac (sp?), expensive oral meds, pro-activ, changing her diet, etc. She has the black heads you describe above along with cystic acne and white heads. The harsh cleansers and creams just turn her face so red (she's blonde and has a light complexion). I'm thinking the peels just may help clear out the pores and like you mention, then the products will be able to work. Thanks, Sam.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
2blue, where did you get the peels? I saw some peels on Amazon, but was concerned they may be too harsh, or I don't know what I'm doing with them. I'm interested for my 13 year old daughter as she has really bad acne and nothing has worked... trips to the dermatologist, differin (sp?), Dupac (sp?), expensive oral meds, pro-activ, changing her diet, etc. She has the black heads you describe above along with cystic acne and white heads. The harsh cleansers and creams just turn her face so red (she's blonde and has a light complexion). I'm thinking the peels just may help clear out the pores and like you mention, then the products will be able to work. Thanks, Sam.
Although I am not 2blue, I just want to caution you on using a peel on a 13 year old. I noticed you said even using harsh cleansers/creams turn her face read. Well, using a peel will do the same if not worse. Your skin at 13 is not mature enough to handle the harshness of a peel. You are better off going to a derm and using Differin and the other topicals. Has she tried Benzaclin, it works really well.

Having battled through acne myself. I know it can be such a bummer and especially at her age. I would recommend taking her in for a acne facial. That way she can get her pores cleaned out using a blackhead extractor. I used to take my son every 4-6 weeks, it helped so much and he was much happier with himself.

Best of luck to you and your daughter-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. I have an appt set for her in August to see my dermatologist and I'll look into the acne facial too. Take care, Sam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paste of (baadam) almond powder, (multani mitti) fullerâ€2122s earth, and glycerin soap are very effective in Blackheads removal.

Make a paste using water and radish seeds apply it on blackheads, allow it to dry then wash it off. They are safe and effective skin treatments. This home remedy is helpful in to get rid of blackheads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone heard of Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel? Lots of ppl rave about it even ekiruma raves about it. Check out her blog ekimura.blogspot.com

I personally finds Skin action Sebum Gel soften the blackheads and whiteheads and easily removed without pain. If you wanna read more, you can go to cellnique.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't post URLs yet so it wouln't let me quote the post for the aspirin mask video on YouTube, but anywho:

This is a great video. I'm going to try this.

Also, some of the comments people left for this video are hilarious! And by hilarious I mean really stupid. My favorite was this one: "I don't have aspirin. Can I use Tylenol instead? Aren't they the same thing?"

ROFLMAO I now understand why the U.S. needs a Food and Drug Administration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts