Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined and already posted a question in the skin lightening forum, so hopefully someone can help. I will definately try to provide my input when necessary and help others out too.

:]

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Welcome socialkittn!

The skin lightening guru girls/guys will help you out a ton if you posted a question. They know their stuff quite well-

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I hope so...its just for blemishes which NEVER go away.

I forgot to include info about myself! lol

I'm 23, from los angeles (born and raised) of mixed enthnicity (my dad is west african and my mom is white). I finished college when I was 20 and now I'm working hard for tha money...or just trying to get by lol. :]

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Blemishes that never go away? are you talking about acne? or acne scars? What do you mean blemishes that never go away?

Good for you to finish college at 20, you should be proud!! Were you out of high school early? Or were you a young senior?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blemishes that never go away? are you talking about acne? or acne scars? What do you mean blemishes that never go away?

Good for you to finish college at 20, you should be proud!! Were you out of high school early? Or were you a young senior?
Thank you :] I started pre-school at 2, so when I was done with high school I was 16.

And I got these "stress spots" as my dermatologist called them. They went away leaving these darker brown marks on my arms, face, and legs. I've tried waiting it out since December 2008 and they haven't faded.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have never heard of stress spots. But, if they are getting darker, it is really important to wear sunscreen. They will continue to darken from the sun. What products have you used to try and help? I have used products for hyperpigmentation and to help with acne scars. I assume it would would work for your spots.

Have you tried exfoliating once or twice a week really good? Were these spots red and turned brown?

This is what I used, and I am sure Ondine can help you too. She might know something that will work better.

SeSDERMA USA - Therapeutic Products

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never heard of stress spots. But, if they are getting darker, it is really important to wear sunscreen. They will continue to darken from the sun. What products have you used to try and help? I have used products for hyperpigmentation and to help with acne scars. I assume it would would work for your spots.

Have you tried exfoliating once or twice a week really good? Were these spots red and turned brown?

This is what I used, and I am sure Ondine can help you too. She might know something that will work better.
im definately going to check those out.

I dont know what to call the spots exactly. My derm called it "neuro-dermatitis" they started out red and itchy then faded but left brown blemishes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Everyone sounds like they are suffering from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. If the source is acne, picking, a bit, something that causes inflammation in the epidermis you will need ingredients like lactic acid, vit c, nacinamide, licorice, phytic acid, white tea extract peptides etc. to actually reduce the inflammation (reddness on the surface) Do not expect to see any improvement for at least 6 - 8 weeks and "leave it along"> sometimes less is more. Exfoliation with the write ingredients for your skin can assist. Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a real pain. Most times but not always its because you pick at it (leave it alone) Keep in mind as you age you skins renewal process slows down so you take that much longer to heal. STAY OUT OF THE SUN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts