Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought retin-A 0.05% online and have been using it for about 2 months without any problem but I am not sure if I can use it around my eye area, eg. how close to my bottom eyelashes ? on my eyelids to the outer corner of the eye ? I have not been using it on these areas so far. I think I will investigate GC and alternate with the retin-A. Can I use GC in these areas ?
I'm hoping someone will know. Thanks in advance if you're able to help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be very careful around your eyes. Go as close as you think you can, without getting any on the actual eye. Also, if you're going to sweat, remember that it will most likely mix with a little bit of the retin-A, so be careful.

Just use it sparingly, and be safe with it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks amandarey92. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Where did you learn that Retin-A can be applied to the skin so close to the eyes ? Unfortunately, the product information leaflet just said 'avoid eyes' - duh !
I am still wary as the skin is so fragile. Hopefully I will hear from more threaders (is that what we're called?) to support your reply !

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Thanks amandarey92. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Where did you learn that Retin-A can be applied to the skin so close to the eyes ? Unfortunately, the product information leaflet just said 'avoid eyes' - duh !
I am still wary as the skin is so fragile. Hopefully I will hear from more threaders (is that what we're called?) to support your reply !
Use it all around the eye. The eye area is often where aging shows it's ugly head early and perfect for retin-a. You just have to be careful. Especially early in the game.
Watch for irritation at the corners of the eyes. Might need to buffer it there or use a lower percentage or use less often. Yes I've read the leaflet also. Not sure why it says that other than they might be trying to CTA's...Cover their A$(&@

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I bought retin-A 0.05% online and have been using it for about 2 months without any problem but I am not sure if I can use it around my eye area, eg. how close to my bottom eyelashes ? on my eyelids to the outer corner of the eye ? I have not been using it on these areas so far. I think I will investigate GC and alternate with the retin-A. Can I use GC in these areas ?
I'm hoping someone will know. Thanks in advance if you're able to help.
I alternate nights with GC and RA, and I use them both around my eyes. Just use a little when starting out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts