Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am a new member and have recently turned 40 and am now trying to turn back the clock a little. I have developed over the last couple of years fine lines and wrinkles underneath my eyes and bags that never seem to go away no matter how much sleep i get and various creams i have tried.
I recently bought some Eyesential but can't seem to apply it correctly and end up looking like i am wearing a mask, help !!!!!! Can anyone give me some tips on how to use it and maybe suggest some other creams or lotions that may help. I am an english woman living in Germany so finding some products may be a little harder for me. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
40? My goodness!!
I had never heard of that Eyessentials, but after goggling it..it unfortunately reminded me of some horrible product I had bought one time and could never use. I think you've been scammed.

I'm 50 and have tried to keep up with all the research around all the products with their bells and whistles and endless price tags..
Fine lines was just one of my issues..I had several. I started using several products..also trying to space them out so that I could tell what was effective and what was not.
And what did what.
It was the Green Cream that seemed to do away with my fine lines under the eye.
Green Cream is a retinal product, and although many over the counter products claim it as an ingredient, I believe only a handful actually have the necessary strength and delivery mechanism to make a difference..
If you do a search on here or on the web you will find other suggestions on that score.
One drawback is that it may give you a week or two of crepey skin around the eyes. But the good thing is that a good moisturizer or healing oil makes this time pass fairly quickly.
And the lines aren't just softened. They disappear.
I'm not sure about the bags. Retinal products do tighten the skin somewhat. But someone else may have a better suggestion for you on that score.
Are the bags genetic?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there,
I am a new member and have recently turned 40 and am now trying to turn back the clock a little. I have developed over the last couple of years fine lines and wrinkles underneath my eyes and bags that never seem to go away no matter how much sleep i get and various creams i have tried.
I recently bought some Eyesential but can't seem to apply it correctly and end up looking like i am wearing a mask, help !!!!!! Can anyone give me some tips on how to use it and maybe suggest some other creams or lotions that may help. I am an english woman living in Germany so finding some products may be a little harder for me. Please help.
Hi there, as a new member I have used Eyesential and have read some great reviews. I wouldn't use it in the day unless a special occasion. Like you, I ended up looking stretched from using too much product. Apply a tiny amount to clean dry skin and blend well. I used a tiny bit in one sweeping motion then dab the remainder into my skin. Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Forgot to mention, I used Retrinal 1% and it gave me crepey eyes which I am still trying to get rid of, if you have thin skin I wouldn't recommend it. At least with wrinkles you can fill them in somewhat and used temporary products.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Perhaps a lower % of retrinal? Have you tried a TCA peel or even tried the stevia mask, there are so many things that you can do...... I know I just turned forty in June..... I looked a wreck more like hitting fifty, but now I'm working on it and I do see some major improvements...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi there SHMollen,

Just a word of warning about the Eyesential - first of all, you are probably using too much. You will know if it turns whitish. This happened to me a number of years ago. I applied too much, and then took it off and reapplied. Unfortunately, it burnt the skin under my eye - I looked like a monster for about a month - it does what it says it will do, but you have to treat this product with a great deal of respect.

Another thing - if you have eye bags, no cream or potion will get rid of them. I did have them and spent a small fortune on creams (to no avail). I finally had surgery and think it was the best thing I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts