Skin Care Talk banner

Just want to clear up the black marks left from ance!!

11K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  stayfierce 
#1 ·
Please,

I am fighting with just trying to get rid of the black marks that are left behind once the pimple has gone away. And trying to cover the black marks with make-up just does not work.

I really am not trying to get light, but if it takes becoming a few shades lighter to get rid of my black marks, then I am ok with that.

I have used some many products and I have products in my cabinet that I have not even used yet.

At this point, I have become frustrated and have not been do anything to my face because I am terrified as to what my happen (red spots,). I have had a history that after I stop using the products, the black spots become even darker than before. My self-esteem is so low at this point, I tend to look away when talking to people face to face.

Please provide any remedies that you have or any suggestion of products to purchase. Money so not issue, I just want to see results and not waste my time day and night with something that is not workign or making my face even worse than before.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and suggestion. I really appreciated it.

Best regards,

Stayfierce

See less See more
#2 ·
Three things sweetheart that will get rid of your black marks and keep your face flawless for years to come:
1. Retin-A 0.05% Cream: this alone is enough, although the other products I listed strongly reinforce RA's lasting results. What retin-A does it exfoliate the dead black skin cells on your face, it goes deep down to the 1st dermal layer of your skin to push all the impurities and the ROOT of the dark mark and bring it to the surface so that it can be peeled away on its own. Use everynight.
2. Xtend-life Moisturizer Age-defense active day cream I assume you are a female so I suggested the moisturizer for females although there really is no difference to the men. This moisturizer boosts your natural collagen, hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, and antioxidants on your skin to combat the dryness from the Retin-A that you used that night. This moisturizer DEEPLY hydrates your skin without greasiness, any kind of sheen or residue. Remember: a properly hydrated skin has the abilities to heal itself from dark marks 100 times better than a dry rough skin. Use this during the day.
3. Sunblock: Use a European sunblock such as La Roche Posay, Avene Emulsion, Bioderma Photoderm Max, Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive spf 50 found on ebay.
This will ensure your marks never come back and your skin stays light and fresh.

**Use the Retin-A at night regularly and the moisturizer during the day under your sunblock. Use a light amount of all these products evenly spread out over your face**

#3 ·
Hi fierce lnl is right - how has he become so amazing at giving advice! LOL x one thing I would add is adapalene a mild alternative to ra and or mild glycolic cream sorts out acne no probs and it got rid of all of the ugly scars on my forehead x

#4 ·
Thank you very much.

My first question would be were to purchase the Retin-A and the Xtend-life Moisturizer.

Secondly, what lightner can I combine with the three products? All I need my face to be is even with the rest of my neck and chest. I am not a big fan of make-up, so I love being more naturally. I use make-up rarely because I have a big problem with finding my right color to match my skin. So having the flawless skin is very necessary.

Do you suggest that I get rid of the black marks first, and the light up the skin after I acheive the results i want from the faded black marks?

Please advise.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Ninasky,

Where do I purchase the adapalene? Does it lighten you face as well or just get rid of the black marks. I think I mention about the lightening creams I have used and how it would make me so light but the black marks would be more noticeable than before I started useing the cream.

Should I be using any mini-peels for cleanesing of the skin? I was thinking of buying Fair & White Whitenzier soap (the one in the blue box). but I have been holding off because I do not want to waste my money on something that is not going to work.

I did use this soap in the past with another cream and had good results, but the can remember what cream I used to achieve the results

#6 ·
Adapalene is also known as Differin 0.01%. You should be able to get some online, or from a derm.

Also, these marks on your head, I assume to be scars. Note that, lightening creams may not necessarily lighten these away. What you'll need to do first, is exfoliate and renew your skin.

Acne sufferers as Im sure you're aware, may suffer from oily skin, so sebum/oil can easily get trapped under old skin (forgive my non technical terminology) and cause spots etc.

Start by using a good skin care range; a facial scrub and a cleanser and a toner. There is no need for you to start using mini peels right now (my opinion). If you use a cleanser and a toner which contain AHAs/BHAs (Salicylic/Lactic or Glycolic Acid) this should suffice, with the use of Differin. It is milder, so give it some time to work.

You will also need to use SPF while using AHA/BHAs.

After you have become accustomed to the use of these, I reckon you'll be able to move on to stronger options, like peels etc and retin-a. Before you use retin-a please read the other posts.

#7 ·
Thanks Ninasky,

I do have extremely oily skin. When I awake in the morning, you can literally fry an egg on my face from the amount of oil that is on it. That is why I am not a big fan of make-up. If about an hour, my face is extremly oily and the make-up looks so shiney

I was using a cleasner and tone, but I was not satisfy with it. What specific cleasner and toner to you recommand that has AHA.

Also, I am currently using St.Ives exfolixating scrub and a lightening exfolixating soap, but I stop using anything on my face out of frustration. After using the scrub and the soap, I actually get acne.

What exfolixator do you recommand?

#8 ·
Scrubs can actually stimulate already oily skin to react & produce even more sebum! This is where many acne prone people go wrong: they scrub & scrub but the problem gets worse. Tretinoin is very good for oilier skins. Perhaps beginning with the 0.025% & then working yr way up to higher strengths will help. Also, you can do what Goatlady did (& she got astounding results!) & apply the TCA to the hyperpigmented spots only to gradually exfoliate them away.

#10 ·
In that case, retina is probably the way to go, if you previously used toners etc. I cant recommend one as the one i use is only available in UK. Try googling it. ondine, can you recommend anything for fierce? x

Funny, i didnt know scrubbing would do that. However I used a scrub, cleanser, toner and DCL glycolic cream/Differin and it sorted me out. i can appreciate it may be different for some...

#9 ·
Can I get the online?

See the problem I have it is that I have a lot of black spots in different place. I feel that it would be very difficult to try to get each in every spot.

If I try to attack the spots, would the TCA leave me with light spots. Therefore, leaving me with a even more unattractive face. I just picture light polka dot face.

Let me know.

Is there anyway that I can see some before and after pictures from people from the forum?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.