Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i've just taken the plunge at age of 43 and had botox in forehead and crowsfeet, and lips plumped a tiny bit! and marionette lines done with juverdem. Best money ever spent, after wasting £'s on creams that dont work I'm amazed at the results. partner and kids say knocked 10yrs off me
:)
wasnt panfull at all, a little unfortable in lips but no way near as bad as going to dentist.

wedding in 3 weeks in Cyprus so feel alot more confident for the photos now
jo

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry i disagree, mainly cause yes you can get botox done once and then have it done again and this can cause side effects later, mainly things like problem in the brain area, being paralyzed in the facial area etc! Obviously this does not happen with everyone but the side effects are there!

Im sure some people might dis agree with me but I dont think botox shoud be promoted but hey this is just my opinion, especially while retin a and vit c serums seems to work so well for most people on the site!

I think though it has happened to all of us waisting money on creams that dont work!

Good luck to you though in your future wedding etc!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yeah, maybe but seems to have improved so much since years ago as nurse was telling me, and as long as go to a reputable place. but took the plunge because of wedding. will probably have fillers next time. tried eveything inc vit c over the last 10 yrs with no success.
but thanks
jo x

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Sorry jo but from my own personal experience firstly yes medicine has improved over the years, but yet things go wrong every day to god knows how many people through out the world, you can go to the best surgens, doctors or nurses and they can still make mistakes, as i have been witness too many a times myself!

Of course as well i do beleive that when people are taking are your money they will tell you anything to make you part with this, especially while things are so tight finacially in the world today!

I can understand that is frustrating when things dont work for you but i just want the warning out there! Best of luck though with it all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been doing botox for a couple of years, a few times each year. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Results are great but it doesn't mean you don't still take care of your skin with non evasive methods. It all works together I feel.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi i've just taken the plunge at age of 43 and had botox in forehead and crowsfeet, and lips plumped a tiny bit! and marionette lines done with juverdem. Best money ever spent, after wasting £'s on creams that dont work I'm amazed at the results. partner and kids say knocked 10yrs off me
:)
wasnt panfull at all, a little unfortable in lips but no way near as bad as going to dentist.

wedding in 3 weeks in Cyprus so feel alot more confident for the photos now
jo
Hi Jo!
Wow how exciting - a beautiful wedding in Cyprus! You have to post pictures after telling us that!!!
welcome!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have been doing botox for a couple of years, a few times each year. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Results are great but it doesn't mean you don't still take care of your skin with non evasive methods. It all works together I feel.
Yep!! I have to agree with you. I am a fan of botox and Juvederm, and a fan of taking care of the day to day maitenance of your face!

Plus when the day is over, who cares what others think you "should do" or "should not do", it is YOUR face afterall. Right?!

There were lots of things I was told ""not" to do, and I did them anyways, and always was very happy with my choices.

jo66 being 43 and choosing to do botox and juvederm- YOU GO GIRL!!! Do whatever it takes and have an amazing wedding in Cyprus!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Just for the record i was not saying not to do botox, to be honest each to there own, but how ever there are the side effects out there and im sorry but these should be mentioned, not everyone is aware of them, i was not at first!

Yes side effects on anything dont happen to everyone, but i think people should be warned about them, there is actually a whole forum based on peopel who have side effects from botox, and its scary when you read through this site!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only results that are worth getting that you can see is botox it last upto 6 months and collagen around the eyes.
Money worth spending.
Don't bother with lasers or other procedures the results are not worth it, with what you pay and don't last as long as the two above mention.
Cheap moisteriser from the local supermarket keeps the skin not drying out and also keeps it healthy and firm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all best wishes. go this Saturday so bit nervous/excited now! Absolutely love the results after botox and juverderm and had no complications at all.
will try post pic when home
Jo xxx

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thanks for all best wishes. go this Saturday so bit nervous/excited now! Absolutely love the results after botox and juverderm and had no complications at all.
will try post pic when home
Jo xxx
Hooray!!! Good for you. Took it like a champ. Best wishes for a fabulous wedding!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
After much consideration over many months I had my first Juvederm treatment about 2 months ago. I only had mine under the eyes & around my crows feet, I'd become very hollow and creased in that area over the last couple of years.

I can't say it didn't hurt because it did but nothing I couldn't stand, and the needle was tiny although they do inject quite deep. It cost me £450 which I was quite happy to pay.

I did have bruising and the areas were very tender for about a week, but it wore off and the bruises disappeared and after 2 weeks I could see the results. Colleagues and friends commented how "fresh" & less tired I looked. I went back for a re-consult 2 weeks afterwards and did complain about a lump under one eye, my consultant just gently massaged the area and advised me to do the same, this worked well and dispersed the lump within 2 days as the product was still flexible under the skin. I also developed a small hard nodule which eventually disappeared about 3 weeks ago.

All in all I'm very happy with the results and now intend to top this up with some Sculptura so that when the Juvederm starts to wear off in approx 9 months the Sculptura should have helped me produce some extra collagen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please give some consideration before having Sculptra - see my post under the anti-ageing/injectible Sculptra thread.

It has been great for lots of people but, I am having horrendous problems that are making me ill with worry.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Please give some consideration before having Sculptra - see my post under the anti-ageing/injectible Sculptra thread.

It has been great for lots of people but, I am having horrendous problems that are making me ill with worry.
I am so sorry for your bad experience. I had it done last year because I am very thin and low bodyfat due to exercise, but it has done wonders for filling my face out and I am going to do it again..I believe when getting ANYTHNG done to the face you should find the best,most experienced doc to do it...RESEARCH...

To the original poster, CONGRATS on the wedding and botox,juvederm etc is a personal opinion and whatever makes you more confident and feel better about yourself

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely YES to Botox which I have used for quite a while.
One bad experience with juvederm for under eye lines. Am still puffed up after over a year. Looks really really ugly. But might be me only.
Aethetician said that something got clogged and I looked and still do horrible.
Never again !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts