Skin Care Talk banner

Keeping your face full looking

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Joumana 
#1 ·
Admittedly when my face (and overall body fat) is thinner I look a little older. I get that sunken, shallow eyed look and my cheek bones protrude outward. Not what I like, but sometimes I slip into a depression and forget to eat as much as I should. When I eat well and am a healthy weight for my height people mistake me for being a good 5 years younger than I am. I, and i'm sure many of us here, fear the skinny sunken look becoming permanent. The question is, in the absence of keeping our weight high when we enter our 30s or so, what can we do to keep our faces full looking? Believe or not I see a lot of people in their early 30s who look really tired, have pronounced lines and sunken, hollow appearance. Is collagen the only thing the provides this full look? Or is there more? Elastin? Hyaluranic acid? Fat stores? And how do we upkeep them all?

#2 ·
Facial exercise and massage increases muscle density and thickens the subq tissue. It works for me.

Facial Exercise: Straight answers to frequently asked questions.

You have to be somewhat aggressive with it for it to work...like exercising your body. Wimpy effort = wimpy results.

Maybe you could try Vit D to combat that depression which undermines your overall wellbeing. S.A.D.D. lights also help some. It's a real problem in the winter for many BabyBoy!

#3 ·
I read somewhere that the more you make facial expressions the more creases and lines will form to permanent wrinkles. How old are you fawnie? I already take vitamin D at 5000 IUs a day. And no I happen to love winter, I feel happier in the winter than I do in the disgusting heat of summer. Maybe I have reverse seasonal affective disorder.

#4 ·
i was having that flat, saggy face feeling for months n then i did facial excercises. they din't wok eventually but when i stick with one in particular n did it repeatedly for few days it gave me my cheeks back. i'll be sticking with it. if they stop working for me in my future i might opt for fillers in my forties n fifties

#13 ·
i dunno its name or how to describe it. i found it on web and add my own variations to it. u blow air up in ur upper lips and cheeks. make it tight. keep it like that counting upto ten. then put pressure on right cheek count 10, then shift to left cheek count 10, then upper lip count to 10. relax. do again.do a set of four reps.
Now pump air again in ur cheeks and pump air in and out but ur mouth should be closed and no air comes out. something like if u r rinsing after brushing. count to 20. blow air out and relax. repeat. do four reps. back to excercise One. 4 reps.
i just did it vigourously several times a day. it did hurt my jaws a lot but the results were good.

#14 ·
That sounds good, but be careful doing anything that purses the lips - it can etch lines in the upper lip.
I do one that calls for squeezing the back of the cheeks together like you are biting grapes between your back teeth with your lips shut. Smile and really concentrate on crushing the grapes and hold that for a count of 5 and repeat 12 times. Do this every day.

#16 ·
Nope sorry. The program is sold exclusively from the website, but you could google it - maybe someone is selling their program on Amazon or ebay. You would lose the option of joining the forum tho since the code to join it is linked to the buyer's email I am told.

#17 ·
I noticed some improvement in facial fullness when I started taking PABA supplements. I use the 1,000 mg time release caplets. Just thought I'd share this since no one else mentioned it. Building youthful beauty from the inside out appeals to me more than any other way. And of course do those facial exercises too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.