Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had surgery like a month ago on my face and now I have a 3 inch scar above my lip (hot, I know). anyway, I started using kelocote twice a day a week after the procedure...so far I dont really see a huge difference. Anyone had a better experience? Should I wait longer? I mean, its my frikkin face!! hihi...sorry, obviously I am concerned about this

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Oh give it more time. It takes sooooooooooo long for an incision to even heal properly. I had surgery (not on my face) 2 months ago, my incision is JUST now starting to heal. It still has a huge lump on it, but it is getting lighter and lighter. For me, I still have no feeling around my incision. Kind of strange. But totally normal.

For you if it has only been a month, it is WAY too soon, to look at it and think it will stay like that forever. It will get better, these things just take time-
What kind of advice has your surgeon given you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea scars are hot if you are Bruce Willis, not a 27 yr old single woman
But anyway thanks for the advice, it still feels numb around there when I touch it. My surgeon wants me to have another procedure in like a month to "shave" part of the scar off so it will be less noticable. We'll see how it goes till then. Will keep you posted! many thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I recommend kelacote to everyone. I used it and it flattened a scar on me and lightened it considerably. It is a good gel and a much better alternative to silicone sheets. I highly recommend it. It takes about 8 weeks for it to show real benefit though and when I used it I was religious about applying it, like I would use it every few hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts