Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has this problem? i know ther's alot of info on this but i would like to hear from someone that has this problem or knows the best way to help me out. thank you...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Treatment of keratosis pilaris is not necessary, and unfortunately often has disappointing results. With persistence, most people can get very satisfactory improvement. Initial treatment should be intensive moisturizing. Try a cream such as Acid mantle, Vaseline or Complex 15 after bathing, and re-apply the cream again several times daily.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. somthing thats been helping me alot is st. ives when shower light scrub around my arms. after that i rub some bengay

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Dry skin brushing followed by warm shower then Am-Lactin or Lac-Hydrin lactic acid cream should help. THis is an ongoing problem and you would need to treat it regularly for any success.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
475 Posts
who has this problem? i know ther's alot of info on this but i would like to hear from someone that has this problem or knows the best way to help me out. thank you...
I have the same problem!! For years!! You'll catch me wearing a long sleeve shirt in the middle of summer on bad days! I'm either going to try the am lactin lotion fawnie suggested or purchasing lactic acid from lotioncrafters and add it to my body lotion. Probably the 2nd one I'll try first. I read coconut oil helps also but I forget to put it on every day.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the same problem!! For years!! You'll catch me wearing a long sleeve shirt in the middle of summer on bad days! I'm either going to try the am lactin lotion fawnie suggested or purchasing lactic acid from lotioncrafters and add it to my body lotion. Probably the 2nd one I'll try first. I read coconut oil helps also but I forget to put it on every day.
AmLactin 12% lotion does work BUT you need to use it everyday...be consistent and you will see a difference. I also you a body scrub in the shower daily. Key is consistency!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dry skin brushing followed by warm shower then Am-Lactin or Lac-Hydrin lactic acid cream should help. THis is an ongoing problem and you would need to treat it regularly for any success.
hey was up sorry to bother you, just wanted to ask where can i buy this products, cvs walmart, ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey was up sorry to bother you, just wanted to ask where can i buy this products, cvs walmart, ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
What do you reccomend as a good body scrub?
I use True Blue Spa I'm in the mood for SCRUB from Bath & Body. Great body exfoliator. One of my favorites!

·
Registered
20 Posts
from a clinical perspective, "apricot scrubs" contain rough particles that can injure the skin and cause micro cuts allowing for bacteria to enter.

Try a scrub with spheres (round beads) versus walnut/or other rough ingredients. We also tend to scrub the "heck" out of our bodies since it is not as sensitive as our faces.

You can purchase something like Neutrogena Body Scrub over the counter that has a little salicylic acid in it. Then lightly towel dry and apply a glycolic lotion (you can purchase a good quality one at your local dermatology office).

Soft, smooth skin....with less redness
ahhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have this on my upper arms and I read about using apple cider vinegar half and half with water. I put it on a cotton pad and go in little circles, I do skin brush with a boar bristle hair brush first ( also go in circles) for just a few minutes morning and night. I AM seeing a difference after 2 weeks of doing this faithfully. Okay, so I smell like a tossed salad but my arms look better. I don't know if it is one or the other or the combination but I am going to stick with what I am doing. I have a lot of broken capillaries on my upper chest and I have noticed they are fading too. I was very skeptical when I read about it but I does seem to be helping. Go figure, something this cheap after I had spent hundreds of dollars on prescription creams ( tazorac mostly) that did nothing. Give it a try. brush for a few minutes each side ( not too hard) wait a minute or two and put on the ACV. Do this morning and night and see if after 2 weeks you don't see a difference. I know we are all different and what works for one will not for another. But heck, it's cheap enough to give it a whirl. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had amazing success with organic natural coconut oil, which I got from a shop at the Markets here in Perth. It is used as a base apparently, for a lot of other body products. It solidifies, and then turns liquid at body temp. V messy, but super smooth results!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've got the same condition. Bad on my arms, legs and even my stomach sometimes. I feel your pain. I honestly did not know what this condition was called until now!! My daughter and I both suffer from this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts