Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you tried Kojic Acid (soap and cream form)? It's excellent for skin whitening, rejuvenating, dries pimples and removes spots and any kind of skin blemishes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You know what else kojic acid is excellent for? Cancer. Stay away from it.
Testing in animals has shown a link with cancer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use kojic acid products and find them very good. There are so many ingredients found in everyday skincare products that are somehow linked to cancer. But that doesn't mean they actually cause cancer in humans. And even if they do, its very rare and you usually have to be exposed to unnaturally high amounts. I bet if you googled all the ingredients in your daily moisturizer, you'd find at least one that is thought to cause cancer. I have done alot of online research on kojic acid and I have never found any real studies showing it causes cancer in humans.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah thats quite true. Nothing i sreally safe any more. One day they say the sun is the source of life. Then next day they say the sun can give you cancer and age your skin. Not even water is safe any more. You know they say that drinking too much water can kill you? lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kojic acid does work for clearing skin, lightening skin and even helped lighten my freckles! I used Diana Stalder kojic acid papaya soap, one of my favorites.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hany people here are familiar with kojic acid & use it regularly. Your name & avatar appear as though you are using this thread & forum to promote your company & your products. I bet it won't be long before we see a post from you telling us how to buy kojic acid from your company. Tres Tacky!

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Hany people here are familiar with kojic acid & use it regularly. Your name & avatar appear as though you are using this thread & forum to promote your company & your products. I bet it won't be long before we see a post from you telling us how to buy kojic acid from your company. Tres Tacky!
I use it and have great results with it. I can guarantee you I don't sell it! It works great for my hyperpigmentation and acne scars. I don't use it on a daily basis anymore, but I do from time to time.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I don't think you sell it, Gymrat; I think RELEAVES from Manila IS peddling products. Her,his avatar is a company logo
. I've heard good things about kojic acid too & the papaya soap also contains it as an active ingredient.

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
lol- ok just making sure you weren't talking about me, thats all. Thats the things with these forums, it can get rather confusing.

I have heard you guys talk about the papaya soap, but have not looked into it myself.

I enjoy reading your posts, best of luck to you-

·
Registered
34 Posts
gymrat, can you tell more about how the kojic acid helped you? Where did you get it eg. and how bad was your skin?

I have lots of dark marks on my whole face plus some dark patches and hate covering my face in superheavy foundation and concealer all the time -IT SUCKS

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd love to hear more about this from someone experienced too.

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Here is the line that I used. I used both product, kojic acid and mandelac acid products. I had more hyperpigmentation from the sun (from the use of antibiotics) and also had severe acne scares. I used kojic products along with facial peels and microderms to get my face where I wanted it. I still use the kojic but now on just a maintenance routine. I have only one real dark spot on my cheekbone that I have fought with for years. I am now thinking that spot wants to just stay and have its place on my face-
I have given up the fight with "her"!

SeSDERMA USA - Therapeutic Products
(used all three products on this page, liking the plus gel the best)

SeSDERMA USA - Face and Body Exfoliation
(also used the mandelac cream, but the scrub is a fav of mine)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the referrals. I am going to look into these products. They seem promising (meaning their ingredients list makes sense for lightening) but they are very expensive!

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Ondine-yes they can get pretty pricy. But they do last awhile. I have been using my kojic gel for almost a year now. It takes just one pump for my entire face. And I don't use it every night. If you have never used kojic before, let me just warn you. It is brown. I use it at night only as it will leave a color on your skin, and kind of a little smell. Nothing that I can't handle. But I do prefer it at night.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
How much lightening would you say you've experienced from the kojic?

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
How much? Enough to where I don't see the hyperpigmentation. My face is for the most part the same color all over except for the one spot I mentioned on my cheekbone. With it getting warmer and the sun beating down, I will get some hyperpigmentation in time. I will have to deal with that when it happens. This is something I have dealt with for years. But as far as right now, my face is free of any.

Hope that helps answer your question, a little.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
gymrat -- do you know the percentage to kojic acid that should be in a product to get results. Some of the Borba products I bought had kojic acid in them and I did notice my skin tone becoming more even.

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Hi Mari- I am sorry I don't know the answer to that. I bet ondine will be able to answer that for you. She seems very knowledgeable with the skin lightening products.

In the meantime, I will see what I can find out though-

1 - 20 of 35 Posts