Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a really dumb question, but I gotta ask. I do want to make this serum. Can this powder also be ingested as Vit. C? I use the chewable tablets because the pills are HUGE and I wanted to find another way to take it to avoid the carbs in the chewables as I take at least 3000mg a day ( 6 chewables per day ). If you do use it how much do you take a day? It is my understanding you cannot OD on Vit C.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
This may seem like a really dumb question, but I gotta ask. I do want to make this serum. Can this powder also be ingested as Vit. C? I use the chewable tablets because the pills are HUGE and I wanted to find another way to take it to avoid the carbs in the chewables as I take at least 3000mg a day ( 6 chewables per day ). If you do use it how much do you take a day? It is my understanding you cannot OD on Vit C.
Yes the powder can be ingested. I suggest you not make it a habbit using chewable vit. C as this is very bad to your teeth enamel. There's no correct amount of C to take. Too many variables. A good general guidline is in the range of 2-4 grams taken throughout the day. Yes you can OD on vit.C. Diarrea is one of the symptoms.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EWWWWWW wouldn't want that side effect! That is what I am trying to do get away from the chewable C.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Most people need levels of Vitamin C far above the officially recommended amount. Diarrhoea is sometimes a side effect of Vitamin C supplementation.

However, naturopathic research indicates the requirement to be the level you can tolerate before you experience a loose bowel.

Personally, I would suggest a conservative approach of 2000mg daily. Nevertheless, the mego-nutrient dosage is between 5000-10,000mg maximum,

Best wishes,

redrose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts