Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been occluding with LA lotion (12-15% DIY lotion).. Occluded with a surgical gloves covering my fingers and wrist and the rest of my arms weren't covered.. However I could see a DRASTIC difference between the skin that's occluded and the one that's not.. Cant stop touching the occluded skin.. its BABY soft.. I wish I could get that supple skin on face as well.. Although I use the LA lotion on my face, arms and legs I only can feel the suppleness on the back of my palm (where it is occluded).. Wondering how to occlude my face

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Been occluding with LA lotion (12-15% DIY lotion).. Occluded with a surgical gloves covering my fingers and wrist and the rest of my arms weren't covered.. However I could see a DRASTIC difference between the skin that's occluded and the one that's not.. Cant stop touching the occluded skin.. its BABY soft.. I wish I could get that supple skin on face as well.. Although I use the LA lotion on my face, arms and legs I only can feel the suppleness on the back of my palm (where it is occluded).. Wondering how to occlude my face :hmm:  :D
Would you be willing to share your recipe??
Tiffaneyy She did share her recipe, it's 12-15% LA lotion that she makes. To learn more about how to make your own you can read through this thread. It's very simple. It just requires Lactic Acid and a base lotion. No need to read the entire thread just maybe the beginning and then the last few pgs, you will get the gist of it. http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/9849/sheep-look-lactic-lotion

·
Registered
106 Posts
Been occluding with LA lotion (12-15% DIY lotion).. Occluded with a surgical gloves covering my fingers and wrist and the rest of my arms weren't covered.. However I could see a DRASTIC difference between the skin that's occluded and the one that's not.. Cant stop touching the occluded skin.. its BABY soft.. I wish I could get that supple skin on face as well.. Although I use the LA lotion on my face, arms and legs I only can feel the suppleness on the back of my palm (where it is occluded).. Wondering how to occlude my face
@floralfriend - Hi, dumb question as I've never heard this term before, what does occluded me? :scratch:

TIA

~Denise

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
@floralfriend - Hi, dumb question as I've never heard this term before, what does occluded me? :scratch:

TIA

~Denise
Not florafriend ........occlude basically means to hold in so nothing dissipates. Many occlude using LA lotion........they apply the lotion then either apply gloves over it and or seran wrap, etc to occlude with. Some use jogging suits, like this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17299046?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000996888&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40331826032&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78294238592&veh=sem

The results depending on the % you use can actually peel your skin, so use with caution!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been occluding with LA lotion (12-15% DIY lotion).. Occluded with a surgical gloves covering my fingers and wrist and the rest of my arms weren't covered.. However I could see a DRASTIC difference between the skin that's occluded and the one that's not.. Cant stop touching the occluded skin.. its BABY soft.. I wish I
could get that supple skin on face as well.. Although I use the LA lotion on my face, arms and legs I only can feel the suppleness on the back of my palm (where it is occluded).. Wondering how to occlude my face
@floralfriend - Hi, dumb question as I've never heard this term before, what does occluded me?

TIA

~Denise
Is it possible to go to sauna within the day following the LA lotion application? To help the lotion to penetrate more easily ? @gymrat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts