Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heey everyone I have been exfoliating on and off
I would like to begin lightening by the end of July/Beginning August
If I use 18% lactic acid lotion on my body, which causes me to peel, do i still use lactic acid while peeling and after peeling do I still repeat peeling, how many times must I peel to begin lightening
if i use 20% LA on joints and darker areas will it ,make it eaiser to lighten
and for face is 8-10% enough to peel, and do i still use when peeling how many times must I peel, with the LA lotion will it reduce hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone on my face with the peeling

·
Registered
122 Posts
WOAH. Relax Buddy.

You must remember though that not everyone peels with Lactic Acid. If you are using it and you don't see peeling, it doesn't mean the acid isn't working.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
What i know is 10% is supposed to be great to start with. Use that 3times a week but every other day. But do not use on under eye area and dont use on eye lids as well. Apply ur 10% la lotion then wait like 45min then apply ur lifghtener. But while ur on ur journey with la lotion dont use kojic san soap becaue its a powerful soap with alot percentage of kojic acid, u will end up with over exfoliated skin. And if u plan to use maxiwhite serum the one with kojic acid then dont layer it dilute it with ur lightener in drops on ur palm. And for body if u use a high percentage of la lotion, once u peel disscontinue the usage and moisturize alot with extra virgin olive oil and raw shea butter. I hope it helped u abit. But u should still get any advices by an expert.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm thinking about trying a DIY la lotion with lactic acid from lotion crafters 88% and diluting it to 44% for peels and Doing a 15 - 20 percent lotion. I'm using amlacin right now which is 12% but the ph is 4.5-5.5. I'm hoping the lotion will have a ph lower to exfoliate propery!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Anyone think adding in a table spoon of 88% would be too much? I guess trial and error would be the best. Maybe half table spoon and use that for 2 weeks and see how it goes. I know my amlactin bottle is 225 ml and a table spoon is 14.78 ml... So half table spoon would be around 7.36. I know there's a calculator on one of the threads to do this with but it's for base creams with no la ( like jergens)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hello, I dônt kno how to work out percentages. Buy I use mt LA lotion once. Day, I use 2 table spoon of aveeno lotion and I table spoon of LA , I started peeling under my boobs , but am not peelin anywhere else, pls help how do I make it work faster,pls use table spoon mixtures for me ,,, pls hel me , ave stopped usin LA lotion under my boons cos its peelin, it has stopped peelin pls help mi guys stem by step pls

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695908"]I'll try to see if I can do the math for this. Pray for me. Be back soon.[/quote] Thanks!! And I wil pray for you! I know the lotion crafters is a ph of 0.9 I think. Amlactin is 4.5 to 5.5. Very odd that it can fluctuate by 1.0 :p. I shake it up before I use it

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It's 90% la sorry not 88%. Maybe I'll just add it to a normal base like jergens or something to play safe :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's a formula an SCT user sent me.

This is how to figure out making any LA lotion:

The basic formula:

C1V1=C2V2 (C is concentration, V is volume. C1 is original concentration, V1 is volume of orginial concentration)

Lets say you have 88% Lactic Acid, 300 ml of base lotion, and you want to make a 10% LA lotion. This formula will help you determine how much lactic acid you will need to mix in.

88V1=10V2

88V1=10x300

88V1=3000

V1= 34.09mls so you will need 34.09 mls of 88% lactic acid*

*try not to round your numbers until the very end.

You can substitute the numbers, of course.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695920"]It'll just make a stronger lotion like 20% versus 18%. That's all. But yes it could bees side using a base lotion and reserving AmLactin for the face or sensitive areas.[/quote] Thanks! And yes I think I'll just use jergens as a base, I've heard that a common one to use lol. Would you recommend not to use that lotion for my face and use amlactin for it instead? I could give it a try and see how it responds when I make it. Sure hope lotioncrafters ships to Canada

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by RoseGoldBarbie

Kiara you only use 5% LA lotion on your face? Did you see any kind of results with that? I started with 12% on the face and switched to something stronger and still without irritation. I feel like 5% LA wouldn't be effective.

Yes. I am using Amlactin on body and I lower the 12% LA concentration of it down to 5 for using on my face. It suits my facial skin. Besides I've been using RA 0.05% for months now, I can't afford to aggravate the skin on my face unnecessarily.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes. I am using Amlactin on body and I lower the 12% LA concentration of it down to 5 for using on my face. It suits my facial skin. Besides I've been using RA 0.05% for months now, I can't afford to aggravate the skin on my face unnecessarily.
Nice! I've been actually using amlactin on my face, neck and arms/ Chest for about a month now. I don't get irritated by having it on my face. I think I need something a little stronger that's why I might take the DIY route

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695929"]It depends on your facial skin really. Mine tolerates 20% well with mild flaking only on my chin so far but I've experienced no irritation whatsoever so it works for me. The facial skin doesn't have to be exfoliated so harshly as compared to the body so AmLactin could be fine or you could use Lactic Acid peels weekly.[/quote] Yes I don't use retin A! I do do weekly LA peels tho at 40 % so far. I might get the 90% LA and make 40% peels out of it and also make 15-20 percent la lotion

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes I saw the ph strips on the lotion crafters website. I like how cheap everything is there! I guess that's the perks of the whole DIY path :p Hopefully this works out, 90% LA is nothing to fool around with lol!

·
Registered
499 Posts
[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695919"]Minaa switch to using twice daily and ocluding the areas you'd like to see peel. What % of LA are you mixing into the lotion?[/quote] I am using 88% LA ... Pls tell me spoon measurement

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695947"]CW, This type of recipe is pretty easy peasy :) Wear gloves if you're nervous. Also I find it best and less messy to mix in a jar versus shaking in a bottle. Minaa what percentage are you trying to make? Because if you're using 2 TBS of lotion & 1 TBS of 88% LA, you're making a 30% lotion.[/quote] I would like to make 15% to start off with and then after a few weeks go to 20% I'm also not sure if I can find jergens ultra healing lotion where I am. There are other jergens lotions , just plain ones nothing too fancy. Do you think it really matters if it is the ultra healing one? I wouldn't say that just because its another type of regular jergens lotion that it just wouldn't work lol!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help#post_695953"]Any lotion works really as long as the ingredients don't list Carbomer which won't hold the lactic acid and will keep the lotion separated. To make 15% add about a TBS of lactic acid to every 5 TBS of lotion.[/quote] AWSOME! That's a good rule of thumb i guess! Your referring to TBS to the 90% la right?Thanks and I can't wait to order. I also saw that you can get niacinamide from lotion crafters too and read threads saying they add that in also. I'm just trying to remove a permatan. Do you think adding the niacinamide would be a good idea? My permatan is awfully stubborn :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
[quote name="RoseGoldBarbie" url="/t/42348/la-lotion-percentages-help-help/20#post_695947"]CW, This type of recipe is pretty easy peasy :) Wear gloves if you're nervous. Also I find it best and less messy to mix in a jar versus shaking in a bottle. Minaa what percentage are you trying to make? Because if you're using 2 TBS of lotion & 1 TBS of 88% LA, you're making a 30% lotion.[/quote] Because I have Neva exfoliated before now, I feel I need to use like 50% and use it morning and night to make me peel quicker or what do you think, advice me pls

1 - 20 of 68 Posts