Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've gotten quite a few messages about how to apply lactic acid peels. I just thought I would post the instructions from makeupartistschoice dot com. This is where I originally got my LA peels from and the instructions were excellent. I added in a couple of extra notes.

Also, BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY PEEL, please perform a patch test to make sure you are note allergic. Apply peel to inside of wrist or side of chin and wait for 24 hours to see if you have any reaction.

Here we go...

How to use:

Prep your skin with our pH prep solution (included). - you can also use a baking soda mixture.
Allow it to dry completely.
Apply Lactic Acid serum to skin for 3-7 minutes. Newbies should start with 1-2 mins tops!
Rinse off with soap and water.
Rebalance with pH prep solution.
Dry skin completely.
Some pinkness of the skin may be noticeable post-peel or a warm feeling to the skin. This is normal.
Use sunscreen or a makeup with SPF factor post-peel.
Recommended usage: once or twice a week.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
when u said prep ur skin with baking road u mean put baking soda on our skin let it dry??

sorry I'm du,b
lol

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^Thanks Sol...

Sorry, it's been a long day lol...I mean NEUTRALIZE with the baking soda mixture AFTER you rinse off the peel.

This is a mixture of just baking soda and water.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
how many days exactly should i stop using glytone lotion before doing LA peel? and after how long can i use glytone again?

and also! if I'm using glytone would la be important :/

i have a huge 500ml bottle of 88% and i so wanna use it !!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would stop any exfoliant at least 24 hrs before and after the peel...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i'll just add that you can prep your skin before a peel with an included pH prep solution or using rubbing alcohol. i've also heard witch hazel works well before a peel.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Great post Layla but can i also add to always follow the instructions that come with the peel, if there are no instructions then this guide is the next best thing.

Also peels should be applied to cleansed skin

·
Registered
108 Posts
does the same goes for body skin ? i mean 2-3 minutes only ?

i have a very thick skin from keratosis pilaris ( keratin plugs ) .. do u think i should
keep it on my legs for longer ?

is it ok if i apply a streoid cream after neutralizing ??

thnx laylaaaaaaaaaaaa <3

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey vanilla, for your very first peel I really wouldn't leave it on anywhere longer than 2-3 mins TOPS just b/c you never know what can burn you, better safe than sorry. You can always up it next time around.

What kind of steroid cream is it...just being nosey lol. I wait 24 hrs b4 and after peel w/ exfoliating products but I don't know about a steroid cream, I'd probably just wait the 24 hrs just to be safe but others please give your opinion!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
does the same goes for body skin ? i mean 2-3 minutes only ?

i have a very thick skin from keratosis pilaris ( keratin plugs ) .. do u think i should
keep it on my legs for longer ?

is it ok if i apply a streoid cream after neutralizing ??

thnx laylaaaaaaaaaaaa <3
You really shouldn't be doing much of ANYTHING while doing peels

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You really shouldn't be doing much of ANYTHING while doing peels
Yeah I thought it might be from a derm and in that case I would say to keep using it b/c it's from the doctor...hoping it's not just bio claire or neo or something random like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
thnx for ur tips laylaaa and sol ...

actually , i ordered it ( shipment is still on it's way though ) ..
the instruction say , after applying the peel , have some hydrocortisone on ur skin -which is basically a steroid -
it's not mainly for lightening , it's purposed to relief any burn sensation and to avoid hyperpigmentation from occurring ..

it's not for everyday use , only for like two days post peel ..

what do u think girls ? would like to hear ur comments

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah hydrocortisone is the weakest steroid...I thought you meant something like clobetasol or betamethasone. Hydrocortisone is great to have for burns or irriations or anything like that. I don't think you need to apply it all over OR if you don't have any burning.

I can tell you right now hydrocortisone won't lighten you though, it's too weak.

·
Registered
108 Posts
but i heard somewhere it may cause some lightening effect too ..
but i'm not basing on that reason to use it , it's mainly for avoiding hyperpigmentation and any irritation .. i think i develop dark patches really quickly .. from scratching,random pimples or ingrown hair unpluging ... although i'm originally fair skinned

i bought bunch of things for my skin , i'll post a thread with pix once they arrive i'm soo excited to peel like a banana lol

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Bump..

I have a dumb question lol..Im totally clueless
Ive never done peels before (just stuck with LA lotion) but I wanna do it for the next 4 weeks..is the baking soda mixture basically half BS and half water? And I apply that immediately before and after the peel? Im a lil confused! I would think applying the mix before the peel, would neutralize the peel and deem it useless

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
no baking soda before a peel. i don't actually measure...i just put maybe around 2-3 tbs in there and put *maybe* a cup and a half of water in a bowl.

before a peel, prep your face with rubbing alcohol or witch hazel.

and to be honest...because 40% is so low, i don't even neutralize with baking soda. i just rinse and rinse and rinse then i use Likas to raise my skin's pH. wait 30 minutes, then moisturize.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just did my first LA full body peel in a LONG time...I did my face first and I'm so glad I did. LA Life lesson to share:

For some reason silly ol me thought it would be okay to use a sea breeze astringent as prep on my face that we had b/c we ran out of alcohol. OMGeee my face burned SO BAD! I could only leave the 40 on for 2 mins and parts of my face were red when I was done...nothing a little aloe and tamanu oil couldn't fix but still DO NOT substitute the alcohol or witch hazel for ANYTHING!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I would like to add that you should wipe your face gently with baby wipes before you begin.

I got rashes/spots because I used soap over an oily face (after the peel), I'm not acne prone usually NEVER get spots. Its going away now though but yeah I will be using a mild cleanser/shower gel as opposed to soap tonight after my 3rd peel.

LA peels

1 - 20 of 202 Posts