Skin Care Talk banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
LA isn't going to make you peel, it will cause flaking at most. It is a great exfoliator, peeling won't be visable to the eye, for most. Its the weakest of acids, but one that most can use, even those with sensitive skin.
Nice one, can't wait to do another peel. They are almost addictive :love:

·
Registered
40 Posts
As @gymrat mentioned, you shouldn't peel too much with lactic acid peels.

Stop wasting money on the superdrug products. Get into weekly lactic acid peels, start with 25% for face and body and increase to 60-70% slowly. How old are you? If you are under 18, I wouldn't recommend this.

How are you using 30% vitamin C? Your face would burn.

Do you use the kojic soap on your face?
can you suggest a lactic acid 25% peel please? i found this one but its 50% but i do use kojie acid, glycolic and vit c so will 50% be ok to start with on the face?

i'm 21 and i use the ordinary 30% vitamin c. im indian so my skin is pretty light but i want to whiten it properly.

yes i use kojie acid soap on my face and body x

·
Registered
84 Posts
can you suggest a lactic acid 25% peel please? i found this one but its 50% but i do use kojie acid, glycolic and vit c so will 50% be ok to start with on the face?

i'm 21 and i use the ordinary 30% vitamin c. im indian so my skin is pretty light but i want to whiten it properly.

You should check ebay, there are tons. 50% will burn your face first time.

I'd stop using the ordinary 30% vitamin c, they are subpar. If you want a real vitamin c serum, buy Timeless vitamin c serum, keep it in the fridge or it'll ozidize and use it in the AM under sunscreen. You do not need a percentage greater than 15-20% for optimum results.

I'd stop using kojic acid soap on the face. I know it's popular but it soap does really damage the moisture barrier. I'd recommend reading through my posts as I've talked about routines a lot these past few days. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You should check ebay, there are tons. 50% will burn your face first time.

I'd stop using the ordinary 30% vitamin c, they are subpar. If you want a real vitamin c serum, buy Timeless vitamin c serum, keep it in the fridge or it'll ozidize and use it in the AM under sunscreen. You do not need a percentage greater than 15-20% for optimum results.

I'd stop using kojic acid soap on the face. I know it's popular but it soap does really damage the moisture barrier. I'd recommend reading through my posts as I've talked about routines a lot these past few days. Let me know if you have any questions.
i have checked ebay but there aren't that many and they are mainly from america. i live in the uk. would 35% be ok for first time? LACTIC MALIC ACID AHA FACE & BODY PEEL 25-55% FOR ACNE SCARS, HYPERPIGMENTATION | eBay

yeah with the 30% vit c its just so slow :/

i really like kojie acid its the only thing that has worked in terms of lightening i don't think i want to let it go :( why is it bad though?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Check out this one :

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have checked ebay but there aren't that many and they are mainly from america. i live in the uk. would 35% be ok for first time? LACTIC MALIC ACID AHA FACE & BODY PEEL 25-55% FOR ACNE SCARS, HYPERPIGMENTATION | eBay

yeah with the 30% vit c its just so slow :/

i really like kojie acid its the only thing that has worked in terms of lightening i don't think i want to let it go :( why is it bad though?
There are many on ebay, just search "lactic acid peel".

Soap ingredients dry out your face overtime and dehydrates it. If you prefer lightening over skin health, then you may continue. Otherwise, you can look into kojie san serums / creams.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i've used normal soap my entire life and i'm ok tbh! i always follow up a good moisturiser (after kojie) and i feel safe with using kojie acid soap every day for the long term. x

i will defo get a lactic acid peel! could you tell me how often to use it and do i just keep it on for a few minutes before washing it?

i did try and look for a kojie acid cream but the one i looked at is only in america and apparently it wasn't that good anyway
Well don't say I didn't warn you :sneaky:

Chemical peels aren't to be messed with, definitely do your research first. If you burn yourself, you can cause PIH. Don't moisturize after a peel for at least 12-24 hours, then you can apply whatever you like. Do not use the soap or any harsh ingredients 24 hours before and after a peel. Start with 25% weekly peels and gradually build up tp 60-70%. Do this consistently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well don't say I didn't warn you :sneaky:

Chemical peels aren't to be messed with, definitely do your research first. If you burn yourself, you can cause PIH. Don't moisturize after a peel for at least 12-24 hours, then you can apply whatever you like. Do not use the soap or any harsh ingredients 24 hours before and after a peel. Start with 25% weekly peels and gradually build up tp 60-70%. Do this consistently.
I have done some research for peels i know lactic acid is more gentle than glycolic but always stayed away because i thought i physically shed loads of skin haha!

How often do you do these peels?
Will i see shedding?
Im going to start off with 20% lactic acid
After that what % shall i do?
Do you use a brush or cotton pads to apply it?
How quickly do you see results?

Thanks xx

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts

You don't need to purchase an actual "lactic peel" if you purchase just lactic acid, you can make your own peel adding distilled water. Its very simple.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You don't need to purchase an actual "lactic peel" if you purchase just lactic acid, you can make your own peel adding distilled water. Its very simple.

Im going to use this one but it still suggests using water with it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have done some research for peels i know lactic acid is more gentle than glycolic but always stayed away because i thought i physically shed loads of skin haha!

How often do you do these peels?
Will i see shedding?
Im going to start off with 20% lactic acid
After that what % shall i do?
Do you use a brush or cotton pads to apply it?
How quickly do you see results?

Thanks xx
How often do you do these peels? Weekly / anywhere between 7-10 days depending on how busy I am.
Will i see shedding? Not with lactic acid no
Im going to start off with 20% lactic acid Good
After that what % shall i do? It depends on your skin sensitivity, slowly build up to higher pecentages every week. Stay in for the long haul.
Do you use a brush or cotton pads to apply it? For my face, I use a brush. For my body, I soak the solution in thin cotton pads. This is just what I do.
How quickly do you see results? Immediately for me. But I've done lactic acid peels on and off for almost a year if not longer. I don't currently use any other lightening products at the moment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How often do you do these peels? Weekly / anywhere between 7-10 days depending on how busy I am.
Will i see shedding? Not with lactic acid no
Im going to start off with 20% lactic acid Good
After that what % shall i do? It depends on your skin sensitivity, slowly build up to higher pecentages every week. Stay in for the long haul.
Do you use a brush or cotton pads to apply it? For my face, I use a brush. For my body, I soak the solution in thin cotton pads. This is just what I do.
How quickly do you see results? Immediately for me. But I've done lactic acid peels on and off for almost a year if not longer. I don't currently use any other lightening products at the moment.
Im so excited to try them! Thanks so much x
So a day before shall i leave all ligthening products and the day after i use the peel? After that can i use my regular routine?

Also is one application 1 peel how long after do i put the next one on? also how long do you leave it on for?

is this one ok and does the brush have to be a fan brush

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im so excited to try them! Thanks so much x
So a day before shall i leave all ligthening products and the day after i use the peel? After that can i use my regular routine?

Also is one application 1 peel how long after do i put the next one on? also how long do you leave it on for?

is this one ok and does the brush have to be a fan brush
Depending on the products and ingredients you are using, if you're using retina-A, it's strongly suggested you wait 2-3 days before AND after a peel. If you're using general lightening ingredients like alpha arbutin / kojic acid, you can wait a day before and after at a minimum. But to be honest, you can adjust it to your skin's sensitivity level meaning if your skin is sensitive, don't be afraid to wait more days. If you cause too much inflammation to your skin, that can increase melanin and even give you PIH. So, don't risk it.

Any suitable brush is okay, but please disinfect with alcohol.

You can do a lactic acid peel every 7-10 days. When you first start out, you can leave it on for a minute and slowly increase the time. I'd never increase the time to more than 4 minutes, however. At least not on the face, as this could burn you. Again, do your research so you don't get burned :)

Don't forget sun protection and avoidance, otherwise, your efforts will be wasted. Actives like this also make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Depending on the products and ingredients you are using, if you're using retina-A, it's strongly suggested you wait 2-3 days before AND after a peel. If you're using general lightening ingredients like alpha arbutin / kojic acid, you can wait a day before and after at a minimum. But to be honest, you can adjust it to your skin's sensitivity level meaning if your skin is sensitive, don't be afraid to wait more days. If you cause too much inflammation to your skin, that can increase melanin and even give you PIH. So, don't risk it.

Any suitable brush is okay, but please disinfect with alcohol.

You can do a lactic acid peel every 7-10 days. When you first start out, you can leave it on for a minute and slowly increase the time. I'd never increase the time to more than 4 minutes, however. At least not on the face, as this could burn you. Again, do your research so you don't get burned :)

Don't forget sun protection and avoidance, otherwise, your efforts will be wasted. Actives like this also make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
Thanks so much! Ordered my stuff and it will be here in 4 daysish. So lets say monday i use the peel then tuesday i dont use any kojic but wednesday i can
Then shall i repeat on the following monday?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks so much! Ordered my stuff and it will be here in 4 daysish. So lets say monday i use the peel then tuesday i dont use any kojic but wednesday i can
Then shall i repeat on the following monday?
Yes but please consider your skin's sensitivity first. And good luck, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes but please consider your skin's sensitivity first. And good luck, please keep us updated.
perfect thanks! and don't worry i will. i will let you know how it goes! btw my bottle is 50ml how many sessions will that last? i'm thinking about doing my face and some areas on my body then moving up a % depending on if my skin can take it.

where your results really good from lactic acid? did it lighten your skin?

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
You are completely safe leaving LA peel on for 3-10 minutes. IF its your first peel leave on for 3 minutes and increase it the time around by a couple minutes. It is extremely mild, so don't expect to peel in sheets because this won't happen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are completely safe leaving LA peel on for 3-10 minutes. IF its your first peel leave on for 3 minutes and increase it the time around by a couple minutes. It is extremely mild, so don't expect to peel in sheets because this won't happen.
did it lighten your skin? :)

181 - 200 of 202 Posts