Skin Care Talk banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
On days I would do a lactic acid face peel I would do my feet. However I noticed that my feel loss some of the oil and it just looks a little lighter but mainly dry ashy feet. How do I fix this?

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
On days I would do a lactic acid face peel I would do my feet. However I noticed that my feel loss some of the oil and it just looks a little lighter but mainly dry ashy feet. How do I fix this?
Have you tried applying shea butter or any other type of moisturizer??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Swahilibeauty Dark knuckles this is the best lactic acid instruction I have found. It's my "to go to". ;):D:D happy peeling[/quote . Pls pls ... I live in Lagos, I dunno where to get this LA peel and LA lotion you all talk about, I new some help please. That mama tega that talk about, so u Lagos folks think she might have? All I need is exfoliation, not necessarily trying to lighten up,I will be fine with whatever exfoliation gives me... Pls help a sis out...

·
Registered
44 Posts
lucious have you tried purchasing LA via the internet? As for the lotion you would have to Do It Yourself (DIY) or buy Amalactin...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pls kindly help me, i use lactic acid on my face nd my cheek got burnt and later turn red , what can i use ?
if thé red us immediately after application (when you have washed off the peel) Then that is normal. At least for me :) Moisturise and avoid over exposure to sun. However if it's still red a day or more later, that is PIH. moisturise well and let your skin heal avoid acids for a while. What percentage did you use

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wanted to do a lactic acid peel tonight but wanted to know if it's ok to wash my face with African black soap then wipe with rubbing alcohol and apply the peel for 2 mins then neutralise with baking soda mix.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I wanted to do a lactic acid peel tonight but wanted to know if it's ok to wash my face with African black soap then wipe with rubbing alcohol and apply the peel for 2 mins then neutralise with baking soda mix.
Yes its ok to wash with African black soap, and you can use any toner prior too applying the peel.....as for neutralizing, you don't need to neutralize lactic acid peel, just rinse with soap and water

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes its ok to wash with African black soap, and you can use any toner prior too applying the peel.....as for neutralizing, you don't need to neutralize lactic acid peel, just rinse with soap and water
Can I wash with Kojic acid soap, rinse then apply the LA peel? 10%LA on my face?

What percentage will you consider safe to use twice a week or weekly please? 10% if 2ce a week or 20% if weekly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is perfect. Once healed and back to normal then return to your normal routine.
@gymrat sorry to be a pain but I did the 40% peel on Monday night and didn't experience any peeling, tightness or discomfort that hear so many people talk about. I keep it on for 2 mins and heard my skin sizzle when neutralised, but still nothing. I just wanna know when I can get back to my LA lotion, skin lighteners, scrubs and my aha face washes. Since I have not experience any changes after the peel I don't really know when me skin would have "healed". I just want to start back my regime again. TIA

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Can I wash with Kojic acid soap, rinse then apply the LA peel? 10%LA on my face?

What percentage will you consider safe to use twice a week or weekly please? 10% if 2ce a week or 20% if weekly?
LA peel is the mildest form of a peel. You could use 40% safely once a week. 10% you could use in a lotion wouldn't do much if used as a peel.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
@gymrat sorry to be a pain but I did the 40% peel on Monday night and didn't experience any peeling, tightness or discomfort that hear so many people talk about. I keep it on for 2 mins and heard my skin sizzle when neutralised, but still nothing. I just wanna know when I can get back to my LA lotion, skin lighteners, scrubs and my aha face washes. Since I have not experience any changes after the peel I don't really know when me skin would have "healed". I just want to start back my regime again. TIA
You won't see any visible peeling, lactic acid is very mild. You can get back to your normal routine the day after your peel.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Hey I've noticed I don't physically peel with lactic acid even with 60% but it still lightens the skin, do you think that's ideal?
LA isn't going to make you peel, it will cause flaking at most. It is a great exfoliator, peeling won't be visable to the eye, for most. Its the weakest of acids, but one that most can use, even those with sensitive skin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I physically exfoliate with gloves but i recently have been using 5% glycolic from superdrug. My skin looks so glowing but my aim is to whiten esp because i have a dark forehead

So morning and night i use kojie acid soap, glycolic toner and 30% vit c. My skin can handle vit v and glycolic together. Yeah i already use spf50 daily.

Does this sound ok? I wish i could do peels but the skin sheds and my parents ask annoying questions lol
As @gymrat mentioned, you shouldn't peel too much with lactic acid peels.

Stop wasting money on the superdrug products. Get into weekly lactic acid peels, start with 25% for face and body and increase to 60-70% slowly. How old are you? If you are under 18, I wouldn't recommend this.

How are you using 30% vitamin C? Your face would burn.

Do you use the kojic soap on your face?

161 - 180 of 202 Posts