Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is a product called Mama lotion which has a Mandelic & Malic Acid. I have read that it's really good to smooth out the skin and can lighten it and soften acne scars.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mandelic acid is a form of AHA that prevents or reduced photosensitivty which may be useful in dark skinned people doing lightening. our skin wants to return pigment that so vigerously especially when we are out in the sun. stuff like like exfoliators and peels,which help with lightening, also increases photosensitvity and can actually cause the skin to to darken very quickly if one doesnt keep up with maintainance.

mama is way too expensive though (especially if you want to use it over your entire body). you can try nucelle products. there is a serum or milk that contain 10% Mandelic acid. it could replace a 10% AHA peel.

·
Registered
360 Posts
theres lactic acid in milk and yogurt. wash your face with a cleanser then rinse with milk and apply a yogurt mask for 15-20 min. it feels good

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I bought mine online aswell. The stuff at makeupartist choice website is simply amazing. I started with the 40 percent peel.. and immidiately my face was lighter and brighter. I got comments all day that I was "glowing."

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah, I bought mine online aswell. The stuff at makeupartist choice website is simply amazing. I started with the 40 percent peel.. and immidiately my face was lighter and brighter. I got comments all day that I was "glowing."
Is 40 percent harsh or is it okay for beginners?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've never used "plain" lactic acid, but my TCA peels have TCA AND a % of lactic acid. I'm liking what I'm seeing after I've peeled. I can't wait to do another one!! Gotta let this "new" skin heal first. I have a dentist appt. on the 18th- if I think my skin is ready I'll use my 15% TCA/Lactic acid peel then. Right now I'm still flaking some from the peel I did on my face and I did a 4 layer peel on my neck last night. OUCH. But I tried 2 layers a week ago and it did NOOOOOOOOTHING.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts