Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good product to use after a day on the lake? My lake seems to dry my skin out so horribly. I have used Aloe, Lotion, Baby Oil, even vasoline to try to take it away, but nothing works well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I water ski three times a week. I know what you are going through.

It sounds crazy, but a friend of mine told me to use wax, before you go in. Car wax!!!! I though she was nuts, but it really did help. Put just a little liquid wax on all over before you get in the water, after your sun screen.

It keeps the water off your skin, and you don't dry out. Soap and water in the shower, and it comes right off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I water ski three times a week. I know what you are going through.

It sounds crazy, but a friend of mine told me to use wax, before you go in. Car wax!!!! I though she was nuts, but it really did help. Put just a little liquid wax on all over before you get in the water, after your sun screen.

It keeps the water off your skin, and you don't dry out. Soap and water in the shower, and it comes right off.
Wow interesting, makes sense though. What product do you use? Can it harm the skin in any way?

·
Registered
76 Posts
To be honest, I'm bo expert. I use a spray wax in a purple bottle. I think it's eagle 1 or something like that. It's what ever my boy friend uses on the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried the cocoa butter thing. It didn't really work for me. Again, I'm in the water A LOT though. Car wax has been the only thing that's worked for me. Just spray it on, and good to go

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have used linseed oil before. It is used on woods such as teak to help seal them. Put a little on your hand and it will actully seal your skin alot like wax but it is also a great moisturizer. You skin will actually beed the water off

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another thing you may try.....put mud on your skin like pigs do. They do it for different reasons but it is a great exfoliater for the skin and helps keep it shiny

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should be ashamed! I am looking for true skin care advice and I have to read about rumps!

Personally I love ProStar 197. It is the best product I have ever found.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use organic goose fat....the best thing is that after skiing, it is still on you....just take it off and oput it back in the tub

1 - 20 of 25 Posts