Skin Care Talk banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oh forsure most things are possible, but getting rid of pores is not. We have pores to allow hair growth, as well as sweating and natural oil release. Many of us dislike the sweat and oil because they can cause pimples or dilated pores, but it's a way for the body to regulate its temperature and protect itself from infection. All the money in the world cannot get rid of your pores. You can't live without your pores-
Ok, you win this one,lol.

·
Administrator
33,917 Posts
Ok, you win this one,lol.
I wasn't trying to win silly goose, I was just stating that we can shrink our pores but can't get rid of them.

and if you don't suffer from large pores, you aren't missing a thang-

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wasn't trying to win silly goose, I was just stating that we can shrink our pores but can't get rid of them.

and if you don't suffer from large pores, you aren't missing a thang-
I know. Yeah, my pores are ok.

Question, do you know of any soy-based cleansers besides Aveeno?

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just went to ulta and tried the clinique pore minimizer... not so good, but i went over to the too-faced area and PRIMED PORELESS, or PORELESS PRIMER (cant remember) is AWESOME! I put it on my cheeks and applied my powder over it and my skin looked!!! I definitely recommend for you to try it! I told my mom and she was very excited!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use "Instant Smooth" by Clarins It is a great skin primer that definitely minimizes wrinkles and large pores. I too hate my large pores but have learned to live with them. A lot of people have them! People usually don't get up a inch too your face to talk to you. Only you get within a inch of the mirror and look at them!

·
Registered
319 Posts
ok i found 2 products i absolutely love for making skin look super super smooth with the illusion of no pores!! I have large pore on my cheeks and i bought primed poreless by too-faced and its gREAT! I also tried the smashbox foundation primer (oil free) the other day at ulta and its FABULOUS! I got a sample of it so im going to use it for the next few days and see which one i like better, but so far they are both equally AMAZING!! Also when i used the smashbox compact photo ready foundation over the primer, it was super super smooth and i totally recommend all of my large pores friends to try it! Go into your local ulta or wherever has smashbox and try their oil free primer (in clear bottle) and the foundation over it (with a foundation brush) they have brushes there and brush cleaner (which i used to clean the brush before using it of course
) You wil definitly find amazing results, smooth pore free skin with virtually no imperfections! Try it out and let me know what you think of it! Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I always use astrigent to keep my pores close
what kind of astringent? I use witch hazel to clean my face but im wondering if that is good or not?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've read on other forums that mayonaise (sp?) masks work help minimize pores. The active ingredient that does so it the egg whites, so an egg white facial weekly would work as well. Plus the smell is a WAY tolerable than mayo. LMAO!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have noticed since using my Clarisonic mia that my pores look much less noticeable! I love it for that....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aztec Betonite Clay reduced my pores about 80% after the first use. I mix it with even parts of raw Apple Cidar Vinegar (ACV). My pores were the largest on and around my nose until I started this. One jar lasts a long time!!! I bought mine from Whole Foods for either $6.99 or $8.99, I can't remember.
When I initially started doing the masks I would do them twice a week and by then my pores were virtually non-existent. Now I do a mask every few months, when my pores get clogged and I need a good deep cleaning for my face.
Love this stuff and I swear by it!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sympathies to you and anyone else with this problem but to be honest with you they only get larger as you age. ( I have been in and out of derm offices for the past 40 years dealing with this and intermittant acne). I have always called it the family curse! Never the less, on my great search for help over the years between the docs advice and my own research the following is pretty solid info to help you or anyone with this problem. Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
This can be done by three methods and I use them all. All of these will also help to keep the lines and wrinkles at bay also.

Retinol, Glycolic Acids, Peels

Some of the companies that have good lines of these products are Serious Skincare, Makeup Artists Choice , MD Forte, Zen Med, and Obagi. Some are expensive and some are very reasonable. I use Serious Skincare now and they have great deals on their kits but check ebay once you have found something you like to get a better price. I got the gycolic kit recently for $35 on ebay and it normally sells for $60 on HSN. The retinol I am using is Redermic R by La Posay (A award winning product) but only use it every other day because it is 1% retinol and a little too drying using everyday. The most important thing is to follow the directions on these products. You don't want to burn or dry up your skin being in too much a hurry to see results. If you have questions about using these products together and setting up a regime many of these lines have a skincare person available to help you. There is no way to get rid of large pores( I have tried them all) but there are ways to make them less noticeable. Once you have established a good exfoliating regime , then get a get primer to put on under your foundation to keep it from seeping into your pores. I have tried them all too and the best I have run across are Clinique, Good Skin, Skinn Orchid Gel (Great for older skin) and Avon Majix. In closing always remember one thing "The person you are is what is in your Heart not what is on your face". Remember "you are" the only one getting a inch from the mirror to look at your pores!! God Bless to all.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts