Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have disgusting acne scars and I'm seriously thinking of laser treatment for them.
howewer, these before and after laser pics were a great disappoint to me:

plasticsergeant.com/home/skin-care/laser-acne-removal
(no linking as I'm a newbie here)

people were doing the procedure for many times, and some of them seem to be wearing makeup.. i'm afraid, the procedure is not much effective.
Can anyone give an advice?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you have a good doctor, he/she will tell you what to realistically expect from the laster treatment. They will tell you that in many cases it doesn't work and in some it can make the situation worse. So you really have to think that over and decide if its worth the risk. I have heard both great things and bad things about laser. If I were you, I would get some references and really do a "background check" on your doc before committing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should try natural treatment instead of laser.Becuse laser technic
may have some side effect and dengerous results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried the Fraxel laser with minimal results after 1 treatment. Microdermabrasion has done wonders eliminating my scars! I've had about 8 treatments over the last 1 1/2 years. It's kind of expensive, but well worth it. Best of all, NO side effects except your skin is red for about an hour, but you can put makeup on right afterward so no big deal.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Ah, well don't forget that no treatment will make you 100% better. You will generally have an improvement but it won't be perfect. There are also risks involved, such as scarring or discoloration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think there is much side effects for Fraxel to Fractional laser treatment for your acne scars. You cannot really see the result for the first treatment. However it does require some time and patient to see the full result. Usually it requires 3-5 treatments and each treatment would only heal 15-20% of your skin. You also have to require some times (usually 2-3 months to see the full result of the laser treament) to let your skin to heal and to produce newer skin. Minimum 1 month duration between each laser treatment.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't think there is much side effects for Fraxel to Fractional laser treatment for your acne scars. You cannot really see the result for the first treatment. However it does require some time and patient to see the full result. Usually it requires 3-5 treatments and each treatment would only heal 15-20% of your skin. You also have to require some times (usually 2-3 months to see the full result of the laser treament) to let your skin to heal and to produce newer skin. Minimum 1 month duration between each laser treatment.
Excuse me, but there can always be 'side effects' with the use of laser. It is not for the faint hearted - you only have to google and you will find people who have ended up with scarring due to lasers - it also very much depends on who is carrying out the procedure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excuse me, but there can always be 'side effects' with the use of laser. It is not for the faint hearted - you only have to google and you will find people who have ended up with scarring due to lasers - it also very much depends on who is carrying out the procedure.
"Excuse me"..do you know the difference between the updated laser technology (fraxel to fractional laser) to the traditional one? google it. the newer technology does not leave wounds on your skin. Therefore it would not produce more scars. If they have ended up with scaring due to lasers, they are either not knowing how to take care of their skin after the laser treatment or they have done the laser for acne but not from fraxel or fractional laser. The main side effects would be the redness on your skin for about 2-4 days after the laser treatment. Sometimes we need to look at a more reliable and valid resources and statistics to determine the total outcome in general. Cheers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
"Excuse me"..do you know the difference between the updated laser technology (fraxel to fractional laser) to the traditional one? google it. the newer technology does not leave wounds on your skin. Therefore it would not produce more scars. If they have ended up with scaring due to lasers, they are either not knowing how to take care of their skin after the laser treatment or they have done the laser for acne but not from fraxel or fractional laser. The main side effects would be the redness on your skin for about 2-4 days after the laser treatment. Sometimes we need to look at a more reliable and valid resources and statistics to determine the total outcome in general. Cheers.
I still stick to my theory that it depends on who is carrying out the procedure!! Cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have personal experiance with Fraxel. . . . DON'T DO IT!!! It was the worse thing I have ever done to myself. I would love it if scarring was the only thing that happened to me. I had sagging skin so badly from the fat loss which resulted that I've had to have plastic surgery to try and fix it. I'm still not the same and probably never will be. The bottom line is that they just don't know everything about what a laser can do to your skin. Go on realself.com and you will see for yourself how many people have been damaged by Fraxel. BTW - The laser did not do one thing to improve any part of my skin, including acne scars. Thanks to the reports of the many helpful people on this site, I have dramatically descreased my acne scars with Tretinion. Unfortunatly, acne scars are the least of my skin care issues now after Fraxel.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also, I don't believe that who performs the laser is the only factor that will contribute to whether or not you are damaged. I know some who got their "treatment" from certified plastic surgeons and were severly damaged.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
have you ever looking into the derma roller as a treatment? it has great results, and maybe possible to smooth out the skin, to do some tca peels.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Also, I don't believe that who performs the laser is the only factor that will contribute to whether or not you are damaged. I know some who got their "treatment" from certified plastic surgeons and were severly damaged.
Yes, Bean - I have heard of some rather unfortunate stories - even with people who 'know' what they are doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts