Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had deep wrinkles ( laughter lines ) around my eyes and I had Fraxel lazer. It works but it takes 6 to 12 months before they deminish completely. I have had it done 2 yrs now and the lines are starting to appear again but very fine.
Its not cheap but it does work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on all the popular treatments. Thermage I hear is painful - some people say it works, others regret it. I've even heard some horror stories where women are left with permanent complications. Fraxel also mixed reviews. A lot of women claim the results are minor and not long lasting.

Quite frankly, I hear more negative than positive. But if you are planning on a treatment, then find the best physican you can and do not skimp out on the costs - you get what you pay for and this is your face we're talking about!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Treatments were $1000 each and I had 3. the Dr said I really needed 5 but I opted out of the last ones. It does work but I think its something that you will have to do maintenance on every few years as for me the crows feet are slowly coming back. I had my treatments done in the first 1/2 of 2007.
One thing though, they say there is no down time and that is wrong. I couldnt go to work for a week and even after the week the lines were still on my face and it was very dry and still healing. You would need theatrical cover up to cover the redness for a few weeks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Treatments were $1000 each and I had 3. the Dr said I really needed 5 but I opted out of the last ones. It does work but I think its something that you will have to do maintenance on every few years as for me the crows feet are slowly coming back. I had my treatments done in the first 1/2 of 2007.
One thing though, they say there is no down time and that is wrong. I couldnt go to work for a week and even after the week the lines were still on my face and it was very dry and still healing. You would need theatrical cover up to cover the redness for a few weeks.
Wonder how it compares to botox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts