Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo~!

lol... this might sound a bit retarded but ahhh...
are laser scanner's "lasers" harmful to the skin? how about the eyes?

Thanks in advance~

Yokid-

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
You mean to have a laser procedure done on your face? No, it isn't harmful, and your eyes are protected by little goggles.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You mean to have a laser procedure done on your face? No, it isn't harmful, and your eyes are protected by little goggles.
No - I think that he/she is referring to office equipment. I don't know the answer to it - I would not put my eyes right up to the light which I know escapes from the lid of the machine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, mmmm well.....how about the skin? When i was messing around with the printer scanner, one of my friend said i was gonna get skin cancer from the laser...

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
No - I think that he/she is referring to office equipment. I don't know the answer to it - I would not put my eyes right up to the light which I know escapes from the lid of the machine.
LOL- oh sorry!! I got confused, this is a skincare forum, right? had no idea they would be referring to office equipment.

DUH!!!! It isn't safe to use a scanner-and especially with your eyes open!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
This makes me kinda laugh to be honest. Actually, gosh I wish I was a kid again, and these were my kind of worries!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
A kid.....Gosh I wish, not to mention, I have about had it with today being April fools!! I got taken pretty good by my son in college. I don't handle pranks very well I guess.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Well first off, let me just say I am a total worry wart! Like more than you can ever imagine. Probably explains my lack of sleep at night. I preach 24/7 to both sons about drinking and driving and everything else I can think of that is of great danger.

So my son who is away at college calls me late in the day today as I am driving home. He starts the convo in a very mono tone voice. The kind he will usually have when he needs something or has something on his mind. So, I said is everything ok? He said yes, just studying for a mid-term. I said I thought you had your last mid-term early this morning???? Then he is really quiet. I said son, are you sure your ok? He said, well actually I'm not. He tells me he was arrested last night and was taken to jail for being drunk in public. (he turned 21 in Jan) Well.....needless to say I BLEW my top!!! All the way to the point of crying!! I called him every name in the book!! He could not get a word in at all.

As I am screaming at him, I noticed a police with his lights on behind me. Well......not only was I yelling, but I was speeding too. So, I hung up my cell phone, on my son. Took care of buisness with the officer. My son kept calling and calling, I finally answered, just so he could tell me, mom listen to me for just a second I will explain. Then he said April fools!!! And I hung up on him again! I am still so mad he would even play that kind of joke on me, knowing I don't handle things well.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Do you think I am overreacting? Be honest. I can handle it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts