Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would not pay for any of it. If you have a free trial or someone that would do it for free or as an adjunct to another procedure I may try it but in reality barring complete CO2 ablative laser resurfacing, it is hardly anything I would pay for. These are all heating and "stimulating" via led/infrared/radio frequency the dermis in assumption you WILL stimulate new collagen. Reality is that it is theoretical and thus you will find reviews of ravers and "it did nothing, complete waste". This is why I would only ever try it for free, I may just be in that 40% that sees a noticeable difference and get lucky, but at a price, I do not want to leave anything to luck.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello albertagirl welcome to SCT there is lots of good information on this sight. I have had a laser treatment but not the new one and I thought it was a waste if money! There are many great products that we talk about on this sight. Have a look around the sight and ask questions and have fun!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I believe the technology is faulty and I wouldn't trust any laser. Palomar fractional laser seriously damaged and distorted my face. I can't look in the mirror anymore and I used to be quite pretty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just had my second treatment of fraxel restore last week. seen huge improvements on my scarring, if you have the money to spend on your face then do it. The statistics of 40% of fraxel patients seeing a noticable differences is incorrect. you are basing that on review websites. Most people who would do reviews are those who had a negative impression on lasers. second most think that its "lasers" and it is expensive so should give them a miracle with a flawless face. If you plan to do laser don't put your expectations so high, you will see improvements but not that flawless image that you see on magazines. if you have very deep scarring you should look into something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts