Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

You know how some lash lengthening mascaras have a white 'base coat' which lengthens the lashes with fibres and the coloured mascara is the 'top coat' - often one at each end of the mascara tube? Well, I am looking for just the base as I already use a mascara I love. Does anyone know of a way of just buying the base? I am in the UK.

Loving the sunshine in my part of the world right now!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lancome used to make one. Sometimes I used to apply a coat of mascara then a light dusting of powder, then another coat of mascara, combing in between layers, to add volume.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi everyone

You know how some lash lengthening mascaras have a white 'base coat' which lengthens the lashes with fibres and the coloured mascara is the 'top coat' - often one at each end of the mascara tube? Well, I am looking for just the base as I already use a mascara I love. Does anyone know of a way of just buying the base? I am in the UK.

Loving the sunshine in my part of the world right now!
Yes, Lancome makes an amazing primer. I use it faithfully! I highly recommend it-

Cils Booster XL - Mascara by Lancome

·
Registered
102 Posts
TOTALLY AGREE BUT.....

Fawnie, I think you're showing our "age" with this tip.

I've given this tip out several times 90% of the time folks look at me like I'm crazy before they try it.

Lancome used to make one. Sometimes I used to apply a coat of mascara then a light dusting of powder, then another coat of mascara, combing in between layers, to add volume.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Clinique's lash building primer. I've been using it for several years now and I love it. Here in the states it is usually $13.00.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Gymmie ... thanks for the tip ... I love Lancome mascaras ... so I just purchased the primer ... Amazon for $15.95 ...

Libra

1 - 9 of 9 Posts