Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eyes are so puffy. I can't wait to get an "eye job." You can see where my lids are red- it's from the Latisse. It doesn't bother me and eye shadow base covers it up. I understand that the discoloration goes away after a while. So, after 6 weeks I can definitely see new growth and some darkening of my lashes. Nothing to print in the newspapers or anything, but I can REALLY tell when I put on mascara. I used to use 2-3 layers of mascara- now I can barely touch up after one application. PLUS, my eyebrows are growing in VERY well! Woohoo!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Woohoo is right, they look awesome!! Keep going girl you have lots of room to grow-

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
yep it's werkin' for ya! I can clearly see the brows are filling in. I love that mine are darker now. One coat of mascara is more than enough now, can't wait for the day I can throw it out.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely a difference! I'm stoked after just 6 weeks! I can't wait for the 4 month mark! I'm lucky they were long to begin with, but now they are really getting thicker! AND longer. They hit my glasses with mascara. It's funny cos so many women say when they take off their mascara when they first start using Latisse they think they aren't getting it all off- but it's the lashes getting dark! Woohoo! Exciting! And the fact that I have thicker brows too? AWESOME! One drop works for both eyes, then one more drop is enough for both brows. It will last forever! LOL
(Plus I have a ton of backups of Careprost. I'm thinking if I mix a few bottles of that with Rogaine would that really, really make my thin hair grow???????)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yep that happened to me one night. I got out of the shower and thought I didn't get off all the mascara and it was just my lashes are so much darker. I was pulling at them thinking the mascara was still on. I have never been so stoked over a "beauty" issue in my life. I have never had lashes even with mascara and now I do. Pure joy

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep that happened to me one night. I got out of the shower and thought I didn't get off all the mascara and it was just my lashes are so much darker. I was pulling at them thinking the mascara was still on. I have never been so stoked over a "beauty" issue in my life. I have never had lashes even with mascara and now I do. Pure joy
JA!!!! To have dark lashes again!!! WOOT!
They got blonde gradually as I went gray.
And thicker to boot? Like they were in my youth! YES!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I haven't been using the Latisse or Careprost (although I'm going to order it in my next order), but I have been using the Castor Oil, and man does it work also. I've been using it for about 8 weeks now. And I definitely have more eyebrows but they're still really light. I hope they get darker. And the eyelashes are really noticeably longer, but again, not really dark. So if you can't afford the Latisse or Careprost, buy a $4 bottle of Castor Oil. Great stuff.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thank you for posting your photo's! Today Is the 4th week I have been using Latisse. I have taken a picture every week for comparison and I have not seen any difference what-so-ever! As I read different posts it appears individual results vary.....your photo's give me reason to remain positive!

My eyes are so puffy. I can't wait to get an "eye job." You can see where my lids are red- it's from the Latisse. It doesn't bother me and eye shadow base covers it up. I understand that the discoloration goes away after a while. So, after 6 weeks I can definitely see new growth and some darkening of my lashes. Nothing to print in the newspapers or anything, but I can REALLY tell when I put on mascara. I used to use 2-3 layers of mascara- now I can barely touch up after one application. PLUS, my eyebrows are growing in VERY well! Woohoo!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey, I just saw an article about "Rapidlash", you can get it at CVS, ULTA...it sounds like same thing for $49

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
That is what I used and saw a change in my lashes quickly like in 10 days. Go to the hair care talk forum for Rapidlash before and after photos. I still use it but alternate with Lumigan.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It is my understanding from others on this site that it has the same "active" ingredient as Latisse but Rapidlash has some extra conditioners and peptides. All I can say is it worked GREAT for me. Here is a list of the ingredients for RL

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita, Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Sea Water, Dipotassium, Glycyrrizate, Alcohol Denat (and) Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide-23, Phenoxyethylene, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is my understanding from others on this site that it has the same "active" ingredient as Latisse but Rapidlash has some extra conditioners and peptides. All I can say is it worked GREAT for me. Here is a list of the ingredients for RL

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita, Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Sea Water, Dipotassium, Glycyrrizate, Alcohol Denat (and) Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide-23, Phenoxyethylene, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid.
At half the price too! Is lumigan the same ingredients as well?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Latisse and Lumigan has the same active ingredients they all do the difference with Rapidlash are the extra conditioners. You can get Lumigan cheap at ADC do a search for it. Just type in Latisse in their search box.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was skeptical about trying castor oil on my eyes! Yes it works. My lashes are noticeably longer now, but the color did not change. I have used castor oil for about 2weeks on and off. I think I am going to continue using this. Does anyone know if castor oil is not good for your eyes?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Latisse and Lumigan has the same active ingredients they all do the difference with Rapidlash are the extra conditioners. You can get Lumigan cheap at ADC do a search for it. Just type in Latisse in their search box.
Do you order online? I am so hesitant to give out credit card but it sounds like everyone here has been ok with it..

how long does it take to receive an order?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I ordered several items for the first time from All Day Chemist, my items arrived in 8 working days.....Good Luck!

Do you order online? I am so hesitant to give out credit card but it sounds like everyone here has been ok with it..

how long does it take to receive an order?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I "thought" Rapidlash did not have the actives of Latisse and Lumigan but wasn't sure thanks Fawnie with that. Why it works so well I am not sure, but I noticed the change by day 8 with a curl to my lashes. Because of that I am still using it buy I do alternate it with the Lumigan.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still use Rapid Lash as well because of the conditioners in it. It seems to help keep them shiny and healthy!!! And they are growing and growing. Seems like this week when I put on mascara, some of the lashes are sooooooo long it's stupid!!!! I'll be curious to see how things look at the 16 week mark. I may have to start trimming my lashes!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts