Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting out making DIY lotions and butters. I was wondering if in ANY recipie I could subsitute emulsifying wax for lecithin? I know it has benefits to our body and can act as an emulsifier, so this is why I was curious to know if it could be subsituted for the emulsifying wax in ANY lotion recipie. If so, would it be subbed at the same quantity as the wax???? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bet that would work just fine, but give a 2nd thought to Lecithin, as it is a great emulsifier, and good for the skin as well.

I think 'Jojoba Oil' could also be a great choice, as it has emulsifying properties, is fabulous for the skin + is technically a *wax ester*.. It also acts as quite a little pusher inner, for actives in the formula.. Love this stuff!

You could substituting the same volume, and see how it goes.. You can always add bits more if need be.

You've been bitten hard by the DIY bug.... Welcome to the club..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a GREAT idea and good news, as I have Jojoba and no Lecithin. Anyway, thanks I can now start a few recipies! Also, Kassy....do you have a good night time moisturizing formula by any chance. (Dry skin) I read that certain oils should not be used at night, as it inhibits our natural restoring process. Don't know a whole lot about the subject yet though! Any info as well would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts