Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the back of my thigh is very itchy one day I stratch stratch and stratch.
It seems like a bug bite
One side of my ankle one day is itchy
I scratch it for a little and keep scratching
I wake up and its a little scappd over cut thing
Its very small.
I itch on the other side of my ankle
Same thing happens
It happens below the one I just scratched
and a little on my foot
I also have one on the side of my pointer finger
its scary
What could it be?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What does it look like? A rash, a bite, a poison ivy type rash?

If it's dry patches that itch and sometimes go away and flare up....could be exzema...I have that....but the flare ups are under control.

But it could be a number of things you are talking about. Could you explain what it is you are scratching....meaning - describe what the itchy part looks like. Is it bumpy, dry, pink, scaly, blistery and so on. Thanks.

I know we have a couple experts on here....so maybe they'll chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does it look like? A rash, a bite, a poison ivy type rash?

If it's dry patches that itch and sometimes go away and flare up....could be exzema...I have that....but the flare ups are under control.

But it could be a number of things you are talking about. Could you explain what it is you are scratching....meaning - describe what the itchy part looks like. Is it bumpy, dry, pink, scaly, blistery and so on. Thanks.

I know we have a couple experts on here....so maybe they'll chime in.
Uhmm..
Im just really nervous about it
Its just a normal patch of skin that gets itchy, and I stratch it a little and I look down and its a small bump, and it usually scaps over
Its not in any pattern like poison Ivy its just anywhere it pops up
whats exzema like?
I just dont want it to be serious

·
Registered
388 Posts
Exzema is something that flares up every now and then. Some flareups stay for a long time...and other times, if you don't aggrevate them...the flareups are gone and you never even know you have exzema.

It's very itchy when it flares up. It turns into a rash like dried area...that I just cant stop itching...and turns pink. I get a flare up on my jawline, every once and a while if something is to harsh for my skin.

Do a search on exzema (I may be spelling it wrong), but your search should come up with a few photos to show you what it looks like. I guess I'm not all that good at explaining it.

Have you started using any new products?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exzema is something that flares up every now and then. Some flareups stay for a long time...and other times, if you don't aggrevate them...the flareups are gone and you never even know you have exzema.

It's very itchy when it flares up. It turns into a rash like dried area...that I just cant stop itching...and turns pink. I get a flare up on my jawline, every once and a while if something is to harsh for my skin.

Do a search on exzema (I may be spelling it wrong), but your search should come up with a few photos to show you what it looks like. I guess I'm not all that good at explaining it.

Have you started using any new products?
Ive started using aveeno products cause there gentler on my face, but thats my face
My dad asked if I had my chicken pox yet..
Im 14.
My mom says Ive had them but she kind of sounded uncertain And I heard you can sometimes get them more than once
They appear frequently its not like once a day, they appear frequently
and there small circular "lesions" or something like that, and then they scab over with a red scab.
Is this something I should freak out over?
Im nervous about my body.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I wouldn't say it's something to freak out about....but I wouldn't brush it off either. And yes you can get chicken pox more than once. My 2nd child did. Her first time, she barely had any spots and the 2nd time...well she had more the 2nd time.

If it really bothers you, I'd go see a doctor or dermatologist. They most likely should be able to look at it and tell you exactly what it is. Take notes, and journel what's been going on. Tell your doctor any changes in products, any changes in skin's appearance, how long it's been happening, changes in diet....and so on.

Or hey...have you started any new vitamins or supplements? Maybe you are having an allergic reaction to something???? Could be so many things.

So does it seem like it's spreading? Like they are popping up in different areas and such? cuz yes then it could be chicken pox....give it another day....cuz it may only take a day or 2 and you'll know for sure if it's chicken pox....should come to full term within a couple days if it is.

Otherwise, if after this weekend, you are not certain....go ahead and call your doctor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't say it's something to freak out about....but I wouldn't brush it off either. And yes you can get chicken pox more than once. My 2nd child did. Her first time, she barely had any spots and the 2nd time...well she had more the 2nd time.

If it really bothers you, I'd go see a doctor or dermatologist. They most likely should be able to look at it and tell you exactly what it is. Take notes, and journel what's been going on. Tell your doctor any changes in products, any changes in skin's appearance, how long it's been happening, changes in diet....and so on.

So does it seem like it's spreading? Like they are popping up in different areas and such? cuz yes then it could be chicken pox....give it another day....cuz it may only take a day or 2 and you'll know for sure if it's chicken pox....should come to full term within a couple days if it is.

Otherwise, if after this weekend, you are not certain....go ahead and call your doctor.
Thanks
Ill call my doctor if its seems stranger
but they do pop up in different areas
mainly right now on my legs
but Ive had one on my arm and one of the side of my fingers
Im going to except the fact thats its probably chicken pox.
If its chicken pox how does it heal?
How long does it take?
What long term affects does it do to my skin?
At this rate Im hoping its chicken pox
and not something severe or rational.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Please note I am no expert...therefore I'm only giving experience or my INSIGHT.

Ummmm....we do have a professional esthetician on the boards and I PM'd her to take a look at your thread. So hopefully she'll jump in soon.

As for chicken pox, hon...well, is there any on your tummy or back. Cuz chicken pox tend to be worse on the tummy and back...but EVERYONE is different.

In the meantime. Do you have any dreft or baking soda in the house (can't remember if it's baking soda or baking powder...darn it....I think it's baking soda - do a search.). Go fill up a warm/hot bath and sprinkle some in and it should help with the itching...OR an oatmeal bath/soak will help too. You can do this as often as you need to help with itching.

And it will last a couple weeks actually. You are contagious until, the spots scab over.

Term affects to the skin: don't itch...as hard as that may be. If you itch too much, you can cause scarring. But you are still young and your skin will heal itself faster than say a 30 year olds skin. So just try to illeviate from itching to the point of bleeding....which could cause scarring.

Again....you don't know for sure that it IS chicken pox. Let me stress again, I'm not an expert. So just give it some time...and do the soak to help with the itching.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kelly gave you some good advice. But like she said, we are not doctors and you really should have it checked out by a medical professional.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea you should get it checked out. Even though it might not be serious, you will never be sure unless a doctor sees it. That way you will get a proper treatment and also have peace of mind.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree you should call your doctor right away. Especially if you're that uncomfortable and that worried. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As an esthetician I will not tell you anything, you need to have it checked out. I especially cant tell you anything because I have not seen what you are talking about. Let us know what the doctor says.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks
Ill call my doctor if its seems stranger
but they do pop up in different areas
mainly right now on my legs
but Ive had one on my arm and one of the side of my fingers
Im going to except the fact thats its probably chicken pox.
If its chicken pox how does it heal?
How long does it take?
What long term affects does it do to my skin?
At this rate Im hoping its chicken pox
and not something severe or rational.
How ya doing? Did you happen to call your doctor yet? Would love to hear what you found out.....of course if you feel like sharing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts