Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this from some other indian website. i think u can use lemon jiuce, cucumber juice, yogurt, milk, and other things i can't quite remember. but they do seem to work its just the smell. personally i hate milk. eww! the lemon juice worked for me but if u have cuts it stings and soemtimes itches. cucumber juice worked for me too. but if u have a scratch or anything that u dont want to heal into a dark spot u can use lemon juice mixed w/ some of whatever bleaching cream u have that way it wont heal dark. it worked for me. but hey i'm not everybody so....

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have tried lemon juice a long time ago. I basicaly took it straight out of the store bought bottle and applied it with a cotton ball. Boy did it sting! It actually did lighten the skin, however it wasnt very even and you could see a border between the light and dark areas. I stopped using it and it took awhile for the color to come back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aren't fresh lemons just as good?

I've used it today,(fresh squeeze lemons) and already have been noticing slight lightening of the skin. And I used milk as well.

I think both of these remedies are good if you use it in conjunction with a good lightening cream.

I wonder if it loses it effectiveness after awhile.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Aren't fresh lemons just as good?

I've used it today,(fresh squeeze lemons) and already have been noticing slight lightening of the skin. And I used milk as well.

I think both of these remedies are good if you use it in conjunction with a good lightening cream.

I wonder if it loses it effectiveness after awhile.

hi Brownskinnedbeauty. I just wanted to let you konw that you can log into your account before posting if you want your posts recorded in your total. Also logging in will allow you to post with more options and give you the ability to use a picture, etc.

There is also an option that keeps your account logged in all the time from your computer.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i would use the fresh squeezed stuff. i noticed that on the bottle of the juice stuff there is a munch of weird additives and i thought vit C is unstable when exposed to air. i would used freshed squeezed. cause i think its the vitamin C and the light acidic peel that causes skin lightening.

i wonder if any african americans (or dark skinned individuals) have tried lemon juice.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would use the fresh squeezed stuff. i noticed that on the bottle of the juice stuff there is a munch of weird additives and i thought vit C is unstable when exposed to air. i would used freshed squeezed. cause i think its the vitamin C and the light acidic peel that causes skin lightening.

i wonder if any african americans (or dark skinned individuals) have tried lemon juice.
I'm part black so i would count. i used it and like i said, it works for me. but it might not work on everyone...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lemon juice is useful for complete skin care. I am applying it for my feet, fingers and nails. It really works. Apart from this, lemon is a good medicine for removing dandruff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts