Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Like trying to get rid of a plague of locusts!

As for the lemon juice, cucumber juice etc., these are AHAs that are giving a mild acid peel.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm glad you guys are here to humiliate and torture these 'members' because some of us beginners would probably fall for their rhetoric and end up buying their failed products - not fair.

Anyway, Sandia and Ondine - do you guys have a dungeon? Full of misbehaving members where you torture them, maybe explicitly? If so, how would one gain entry into this dungeon?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Lemon juice is pointless for lightening. It's far too mild and the sun sensitivity increase far too great to warrant such a trade-off.

Doc, they're not trying to be condescending, they are simply aggressively countering scammers, as they should. When it comes to scams you just have to say it as as loud as possible, as that is what gets the most attention. A meek declaration won't inform as well. I don't think they are being aggressive to the point of being wildly incomprehensible, they're just informing us of facts whilst at the same time channeling their frustrations about these scammers.

Honestly, if it were up to me there would just be a giant banner saying "DO NOT BUY COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS" on here. It seems like every few months there is a cycle of certain "in" products, and then the hype dies down and everyone turns on that very same product/s. I'd rather people just avoided that confusion altogether and just largely ignore commercial products. Retin-A already trumps 99% of them, and at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by doc

I'm glad you guys are here to humiliate and torture these 'members because some of us beginners would probably fall for their rhetoric and end up buying their failed products - not fair.

Is it just me, or was that sentence very contradictory? At any rate, you're welcome!!

Quote: Originally Posted by

Anyway, Sandia and Ondine - do you guys have a dungeon? Full of misbehaving members where you torture them, maybe explicitly? If so, how would one gain entry into this dungeon?

All ya gotta do to enter my dungeon is be a "member" with multiple accounts/different screen names talking back and forth to themselves like Sybil, hawking products that may or may not work,costing 100's of $$$ spamming the board with your scam products relentlessly and trying to dupe the uninformed. Or you could also be a "member" who has been suspended and make a new account with what seems to be the sole purpose of slamming people who are here to help, who give great advice, then tell said legitimate helpful members to "get lost" and "go to hell." HTH and maybe cleared things up a bit for anybody who misunderstood my intentions!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Doc, they're not trying to be condescending, they are simply aggressively countering scammers, as they should. When it comes to scams you just have to say it as as loud as possible, as that is what gets the most attention. A meek declaration won't inform as well. I don't think they are being aggressive to the point of being wildly incomprehensible, they're just informing us of facts whilst at the same time channeling their frustrations about these scammers.

Honestly, if it were up to me there would just be a giant banner saying "DO NOT BUY COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS" on here. It seems like every few months there is a cycle of certain "in" products, and then the hype dies down and everyone turns on that very same product/s. I'd rather people just avoided that confusion altogether and just largely ignore commercial products. Retin-A already trumps 99% of them, and at a fraction of the price.
Thank you, Tongry, you are exactly right.
And if nobody noticed, I stayed quiet on the lemon juice thing. I have no experience with that, but I do have firsthand experience with scammers, overpriced products that don't deliver the results they claim, and trolls on message boards. I tolerate none of it any more, and unless the mods deem my posts inconsiderate and rude, I'll continue to speak out against these spammers/scammers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sweety,

Do it the right way! L'MAJ Beverly Hills has pills for people who just want to maintain even tone complexion and maintain it, and also have creams for those who want to permanently lighten their skin. If you want a permanent skin lighten they will help you acheive it by giving you a consultant to work with you. I used to take their pills until I finally decided to go permanently 4 shades lighter than my regular shade. But it very expensive. Lil' Kim, Rehinna, Tyra fake *** banks, and Bleachyonce are all clinetele. I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm gina michels and have openingly talked about my L'maj experience online. But this new discovery got me going crazy that I can't shut my mouth. Good bye to bleaching creams and definitely so long to pills. If you want permanent skin tone call them up. They don't sell the permanent skin lighten cream on their web site but you can call them up and ask for it. You have to be a member of the club. Yes a club. This is no BS. check it out yourself! the company's name is L'maj Beverly Hills. Google it.
Hello,

Are you able to tell me more about their creams? Surely they must be using Mono or something similar? Also, do you know whether they ship creams overseas?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You tell 'em, Sandia! I've got zero tolerance for these sorry people too. they seem to be such slow learners! We out them, run them off & they come back thinking that they're going to fool somebody! We're all interested in safe effective results regardless of what our goals are & we're here to help each other get there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is it just me, or was that sentence very contradictory? At any rate, you're welcome!!

All ya gotta do to enter my dungeon is be a "member" with multiple accounts/different screen names talking back and forth to themselves like Sybil, hawking products that may or may not work,costing 100's of $$$ spamming the board with your scam products relentlessly and trying to dupe the uninformed. Or you could also be a "member" who has been suspended and make a new account with what seems to be the sole purpose of slamming people who are here to help, who give great advice, then tell said legitimate helpful members to "get lost" and "go to hell." HTH and maybe cleared things up a bit for anybody who misunderstood my intentions!
No, I really meant it. I didn't realise that there would be other people on here trying to sell a service or product without having any track record. These products can get quite expensive - so well done to you guys for scaring their pants off.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
No, I really meant it. I didn't realise that there would be other people on here trying to sell a service or product without having any track record. These products can get quite expensive - so well done to you guys for scaring their pants off.
Yep, it's truly sad. All these companies care about is $$$, not actual results or the health of the client. It's shocking how many people are on here with the sole purpose of selling a product, and trying to act like a legitimate member.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I reckon Ondine wanted to purchase the items... Ondine, you're quite lucky Sandia scared the seller off...

So, Sandia, in another thread you said something about being in the Royal Airforce or something... Are you like a special operative? A secret commando agent of some sort... Because if you are that is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I reckon Ondine wanted to purchase the items... Ondine, you're quite lucky Sandia scared the seller off...

So, Sandia, in another thread you said something about being in the Royal Airforce or something... Are you like a special operative? A secret commando agent of some sort... Because if you are that is pretty awesome.
Shhhhhhhhhhh.
j/k I'm a USAF wife. My husband is the operative. lol

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well, we'll know who to hand the next scammer over to!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts