Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they good? They say it's a moisturizer, foundation and "skin soother" in one. It's very popular in Asia specially in Korea. I'm on a search for the perfect tinted moisturizer for myself and I stumbled on these Blemish Balm Creams. What do you think?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Give me the 411 on BB creams?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Really? How come? I got some Smashbox with Matrixyl and it seems to make everything go on better and stay on there. I use it over my SS. What ones don't you like rat?

BTW we are waiting for that report on the Mud Masks......!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I have tried every primer known to man kind, I think. I have tried Smashbox primers in clear, green and orange. My most resent tries were Makeup forever HD primer, Aubrey Nicole, Clear Prep Matte and Skinactives Celestite Spritz.

HD was ok
Aubrey Nicole, too greasy
Clear Prep, too greasy
Skinactives, nice but is a spray and just don't know how much of a primer it really is-

Mud Masks......tried the Honey mask last night and it is just like honey, even left my hairline sticky. I can't say if it did anything to my skin or not, I was in such a hurry and probably should have waited to apply it when I had more time. I will try it again tomorrow night, and get back to you on it-

Next week, I will try the DMAE.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know whether to get a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is a link from someone who knows about them (she's a blogger/youtuber and has a large following, she also tests tons of beauty products):

I can't post links yet sooo:
www youtube com/watch?v=-m-DI8Kpnr4

She recommends not using BB cream as a moisturizer or sunscreen (but more as a foundation), so that should tell you something mytaintedrainbow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello I'm new here. I'm using Missha bb cream. I heard some good results from it so I bought 3 of them and still using the first tube.
Does anyone know if it's a good sun screen when using Retin A?

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bought that one when you first posted it, Gabro. I don't have major breakouts anymore but it's great for spot treatments, love it! Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a BB cream from skin79 last year when travel to Hong Kong. I do like it very much since now I use retin A every night, I put this on during the day time to cover up the flaking and it does even out my skin color.

The ingredients on the box: (long list) water, propylene glycol, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, isopropyl palmitate, talc, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, cetly peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, arbutin, ethylhexyl salicylate, zinc oxide, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, adenosine, camellia sinensis leaf extract, madecassoside, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, nelumbo nucifera flower water, triclosan, ceramide 3, cholesterol, lycium chinense fruit extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, cornus officinalis fruit extract, hedera helix (ivy) extract, schizandra chinensis fruit extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, portulaca oleracea extract, piper methysticum leaf/root/stem extract, disteardimonium hectorite, trihydroxystearin, glycosyl trehalose, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum stearate, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride ubiquinone, hydrogenated lecithin, phytic acid, BHT, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, propylaraben, methylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides

Hope these info help.
Amazon.com: SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream Triple Function ( Pink Label ) 40g SPF25 PA++ 40g: Beauty

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Skin79 Super BB Cream: Gold Collection around Christmas... It's the only BB Cream i've tried and it's a nice substitute for makeup if you don't need heavy coverage.

I don't use it often but when i do, it's all i put on my face (instead of makeup)
They don't make BB Cream it in a lot of shades and people kept saying how pale the colour was for the Gold Collection.. i purchased it anyway and it blends great with my skin tone.

It has UV Protection SPF25, Caviar and Gold (not sure if that's good for the skin but it says it makes the skin glow), and Arbutin whitening properties (which is the one thing i hate about this product). I'm not sure if it actual does whiten the skin since i dont use it often and im unsure of the amount of arbutin in the product....but i dont want any whitening agents on my skin..

So other than that, it's a nice product to use sortof like a tinted moisturizer. When you don't want to wear heavy makeup but still want a bit of coverage.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts