Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like most of the content on this forum is based more on body lightening creams and mixes.
What are you all using for your face?

For me, I've used Makari Exclusive toning gel and it lightened my face in patches - Not cute!

Meanwhile, I always use a Salicylic acid face wash because I'm acne-prone, plus and azelaic acid gel, and I avoid the sun - so this has helped brighten my face.

i am looking for natural lighteners with alpha aburtin, vitamin c, mulberry extract etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wish makari was cheaper and less controversial, also it seems like a lot of people DIY face serums/lotions which can be a good thing if you know what your doing. For beginners, a lot of the focus is on chemical exfoliation and SPF / sun avoidance for good reason. You won't see any results from lightening creams if you haven't exfoliated for at least a couple months and any results will be patchy. Carotein lightening gel was popular here a few years ago as well as nadinola with the HQ which worked great. A lot of people also like a good vitamin C serum in the AM under sunscreen as well as retin-A can help speed things up. Kojie san soap is also used but that can be very harsh for the face.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I feel like most of the content on this forum is based more on body lightening creams and mixes.
What are you all using for your face?

For me, I've used Makari Exclusive toning gel and it lightened my face in patches - Not cute!
View attachment 67064

Meanwhile, I always use a Salicylic acid face wash because I'm acne-prone, plus and azelaic acid gel, and I avoid the sun - so this has helped brighten my face.

i am looking for natural lighteners with alpha aburtin, vitamin c, mulberry extract etc.
Alpha arbutin concentrate 3 serum.

·
Administrator
33,898 Posts
Can you use this on your face directly, I'm waiting for mine to arrive
Yes, you should apply this directly. Don't mix it with anything, it will dilute the product when mixed. Apply the serum first then your cream or moisturizer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is my issue. I'm fairly light on my body but my face is significantly darker than the rest of my body. I thought maybe I might have a permatan, but I've done professional chemical peels, used kojic san soap for months, use prescription strength tretinoin, and although my skin looks smooth and clear, I'm just not seeing any lightening. If anyone has any tips please please send them my way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is my issue. I'm fairly light on my body but my face is significantly darker than the rest of my body. I thought maybe I might have a permatan, but I've done professional chemical peels, used kojic san soap for months, use prescription strength tretinoin, and although my skin looks smooth and clear, I'm just not seeing any lightening. If anyone has any tips please please send them my way.
White secret face cream

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh wow. Dodo didnt work for you. Maybe your face needs exfoliation. Try maxi peel, the one with tretinoin. Use at night only. Apply sunscreen during the day

1 - 20 of 51 Posts