Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on my 1st order of Lifecell Facecream, was wondering has anyone had any experience with this product? It's an all in one, no need for am/pm or eye cream. A wee bit pricey, but with what I've spent over the years I thought this sounded like just what I've been looking for.

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I look at the ingredients lists I find on the web I think Lifecell is horribly expensive. The key ingredients are supposed to be, alpha lipoic acid (Dithiolane-3-Pentanic Acid), Idebenon (the CoQ10 derivative of Prevage), Ascorbyl Palmitate (fat soluble vitamin C), and peptides.

I know this is a good anti wrinkle cream, and results will come in a recipe that combines ingredients well. But for a lower price there are lots of other products that do much the same thing. The promotion for the product is also very good, it is the ultimate persuasion technique. It is also suppose to contain micro crystals that reflects light, and make a sort of optical illusion to makes wrinkle look smaller (it does nothing for the skin). All the ingredients and science that goes into Lifecell are available to all the big skin care companies. There really are no secrets. You could probably make your own version at a 1/4 of the cost. Though it's definitely worth trying the first 30 days for free at no cost. I would love to see Lifecell in a test with other products containing lipoic acid, idebenon or CoQ10.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 2blue, you are right about the marketing strategy, I certainly worked on me, but I will probably not be reordering, can't afford it (currency conversion to Aud makes it worse)but I had to try it. And thanks for the welcome gymrat, nice one

·
Registered
550 Posts
The best I have ever used!, and I have bought most of the products advertised in magazines and online, etc. including La Mer, N.V. Perricone products(can be good products if you want to invest large chunks of $$$ and want to buy alot of products), Amatokin (terrible!! waste of money!!).
I would use Lifecell everyday if I could afford it but at $180.00 a tube too expensive for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lordm for the feedback on this product, I haven't received my order yet, but since you have found it to be worthwhile I don't feel so bad about paying out too many $$s. I did however notice on another post, prototype#37c, this sounds pretty good too, still in the 'to high in price for me range', but after Lifecell I might give it one go. I think it has become a bit of a hobby now, looking for that certain product, oh well looking after one's face (& body) is well worth it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think it has become a hobby for me too. I love research. LOL. I want to know what I am getting for my $ no different than buying a car, etc. I think most companies are cashing in on the baby boomers "need to stay young panic created by society" and we are simply paying outrageous higher prices for the the advertising for these products and not because of what the actual product is or if it works. The benefit is that people are doing more research on products and reading reviews.
This is an excellent board. I'm glad I found it.
Hope you enjoy your Lifecell. I keep a tube of it but don't use it everyday, just because of the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lifecell is my favorite. If you google "lifecell coupons" or "askderm coupons" you can get 20% off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am glad to read LORDM replies. I ordered Lifecell and have just started it. The price is outrageous but I think my skin looks definitely much better after a few days only. I do not know about wrinkles yet though.
I do not want to feel as though I have been taken for a fool either !!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
What were you using before starting Lifecell? I got one of these aggressive promotions in my mail and signed up for a money back guarantee purchase and 20% off. If I don't get any noticeable improvement after 30 days I will ask for a refund.

Now I am using a peptide serum and a light moisturiser doctored with anti oxidants and CoQ10 I got from a online store. This is the best combination of serum and cream I have had so far, and it' costs just over 1/6 of what Lifecell does.

Lifecell might be good, but seriously that ingredients list is not a scientific breakthrough or difficult to get you hands on. It is a bit of a trial and error to make a cream that emulsifies and absorbs nicely on the skin, but it's not that much of a high-tech procedure as the commercials make it look like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts