Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am indian and for some reason my skin is dark on my elbows and underarms. I have tried skin lighteners but I dont think they are strong enough. Is there some some sort of peel I can do to make it lighter?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the same problem. Skin lighteners works for me to an extent but I get lazy and stop using them. Try exfoliating and waxing, that helps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is a repeat from my response to similar question: Waxing get's my vote 100%.
Also try this routine change: always wash your armpits evenings or at night to remove any traces of deoderant/antipersperants, wait until the morning to reapply these.
Why?....Skin "rejuvinates" overnight, this routine will give those areas a break and allow your skin to breath normally. Lightening will not occur immediately but the hyperpigmented areas will fade, the fade creams will work to hasten this process.

I'm a fair skinned sista with dark hair that grows dense in the pits and I'm highly prone to razor bumps too, so I swear by this routine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a repeat from my response to similar question: Waxing get's my vote 100%.
Also try this routine change: always wash your armpits evenings or at night to remove any traces of deoderant/antipersperants, wait until the morning to reapply these.
Why?....Skin "rejuvinates" overnight, this routine will give those areas a break and allow your skin to breath normally. Lightening will not occur immediately but the hyperpigmented areas will fade, the fade creams will work to hasten this process.

I'm a fair skinned sista with dark hair that grows dense in the pits and I'm highly prone to razor bumps too, so I swear by this routine.
DesiGal, has your condition improved? Just checking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DesiGal, has your condition improved? Just checking.
Improved already? If not, then try to use calamansi, either soaps or sliced raw) rub your elbow, inner thigh and armpit twice daily (morning and evening). Then, after 5-10 minutes, rinse it well with warm water. The Apha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) content of calamansi is very powerful to tone your skin evenly.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
IM using a deoderant similar to the one above.. ill keep you all posted.anyone have any problems with lips? mine are not pink like they used to be. i dont know what to do

·
Registered
395 Posts
There seems to be a lot of suggestions here, which I am sure are great, but has anyone tried or heard of glycolic acid cream/lotion? I use the one from DCL.

Its an AHA which helps to keep the skin renewed and stops the 'glue' in your skin from holding on old dead/layered skin.

I have used it on my knees and elbows, sorted the problem. I was very dark skinned, getting lighter as time goes by, my knees, ankles and elbows were very problematic.

Retina also does this, but i find the glycolic better in terms of how the renewal is done (not so much peeling/flaking)

If you've got a problem with the knees and elbows, your answer is above (well, it worked for me anyway).

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I used the 18% TCA peel on my elbows & it really helped.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts