Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so maybe this is an obvious question, but for you ladies who are doing an overall lightening of more than 2 shades, how do you lighten your lips? I imaging that if this was not done, then the lips could be two or three shades darker than one's face. What product(s) are you ladies using for this?

This can also apply to other sensitive areas...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can use mono 5 or ten percent. I've read through another forum on the web where they already discussed lightening lips with mono 5. Anything higher on such sensitive areas is overkill. I guess you apply a thin layer and rub it in like you would chapstick or carmax once or twice a day and then be careful not to lick you lips.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lajdnie, I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't assume anyone would put bleaching creams on the lips. I have read in some articles to be choosy about what chapsticks or other balms for the lips, since essentially it will be somewhat consumed.

Do you think mono or HQ would be safe for this? Maybe I should find a balm with a higher spf?

·
Registered
265 Posts
omg omg omg omg.... if you want your lips to look like a crack heads lips use mono!!! Mono is garbage unless you want to be past white, firstly you do not want this in your mouth and it spreads through your system, your lips my lighten and then next thing you know you have a white mark above your eye and a white makr on your hand. NOT CUTE!

anyway a good way I lightened my lips was to use my lightening products along with a glycolic or lactic acid cream. You want to exfoliate your lips genly with bha/aha and I apply 4% hydro. They have lightened about 2 shades long with my skin.

Why use hydro and not mono???? b/c mono will completely dipig and who wants white lips ewwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
670 Posts
First of all, you don't want ANY chemicals going near your mouth/lips unless you're suicidal. Secondly, I've read of lemon being dry, but I've read of people using lemon to lighten their lips. I'd say get a lemon from a whole food store so you know it's organic, use the juice from that, then add a thin layer of vaseline on top. Of course, if you bite or scratch your lip/s by mistake, you'd skip treatments until you've healed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
omg omg omg omg.... if you want your lips to look like a crack heads lips use mono!!! Mono is garbage unless you want to be past white, firstly you do not want this in your mouth and it spreads through your system, your lips my lighten and then next thing you know you have a white mark above your eye and a white makr on your hand. NOT CUTE!

anyway a good way I lightened my lips was to use my lightening products along with a glycolic or lactic acid cream. You want to exfoliate your lips genly with bha/aha and I apply 4% hydro. They have lightened about 2 shades long with my skin.

Why use hydro and not mono???? b/c mono will completely dipig and who wants white lips ewwwwwwwwww
Lol. Funny post. Anyway Mono comletely depigs if you use high concentrations and if you apply it like a crack head lol. But yea its risky stuff but I know it does work. Wouldn't recomend it, unless you know exactly what you're doing but I was just sayin that I read through a forum where it worked for a bunch of people there....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good suggestions. I have heard about the lemon method before, I don't know why I didn't think of it. Idk about hydro or mono, that seems WAY too dangerous

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lol. Funny post. Anyway Mono comletely depigs if you use high concentrations and if you apply it like a crack head lol. But yea its risky stuff but I know it does work. Wouldn't recomend it, unless you know exactly what you're doing but I was just sayin that I read through a forum where it worked for a bunch of people there....
those people are vendors and the want to look the color of paper! TRUST ME I've lived on these lightening boards ( all of them ) for years and most of the mono users are vendors or people who wanna go overboard with the lightening and just be white. So your lips will turn white! high or low concentrations is not smart because at low you'll get small freckle like depigmarks and in higher you'll get larger circle like depig marks. Mono travels in your system and stays in your system. It can travel to your arms eyes wherever. So if you put it on your lips, it may lighten your upper lip. Then you'll have a light skin mustache.

It works, but it works stupid and its unstable.
If your gonna put some chemical on your lips at least just do hydro, it works too. If you know what your doing with mono then that means you want to be MJ ( may he rest in peace )

no mono users come in here and get me
I dont care what you use, I just have seen some ugly fugly fffuuugggllyyy results from mono and NO GOOD RESULTS. NONE

·
Registered
265 Posts
o elsonious, I meant to tell you in your other thread to stay away from mono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY! lol especially beautifal brown skin like yours. You shouldnt lighten in my opinion. I think your skin is gorgeous. ESPECIALLY STAY AWAY FROM MONO... you can have the same ( actually better cuz you wont be looking like a reverse dalmation ) from other things

I was reading your other thread ( which is too wordy for me to go in there and respond ) and you remind me of myself except I'm a girl obviously. I went to all white private school ( well mostly ) and I had the same experience as you. Fit in, super super popular. The difference is that my jr year I left and went to public school which was more mixed. I had ended up staying "myself" and had a lot of redicule for not being black enough but ppl still liked me even though and I found myself having to act more black around black people. When I got older I learned to not give a crap about anyone. This comes with age as I am a little older than you I discovered but reading what your wrote about the white guy saying " I usually never talk to black people until I met you " kinda took me aback b/c i remember this being said to me sometimes and I'd laugh it off and actually be happy that was said to me.

Today I would probably never talk to that person again if they said that to me. Are you at that point yet? I think back now and realize that those "freaks" and other "blacks" and other people at your school who was not excepted just didnt give a fuc about changing themselves to be excepted by someone who is so shallow that they would not talk to them unless they were like them? Do you think this has shaped your personality?

My bad for high jacking this thread but your other post is like so freakin long I swear you guys wrote novels in there. You can pm me back with your response if you want. I just dont think I can pm cuz Im such a newbie

·
Registered
485 Posts
There are only two companies that I know of that offer lip lightening products and that's Godiva Skin Care and Fair and Flawless.

The Fair and Flawless brand has ingredients listed and I don't see one ingredient that would help lighten the lips.

I have purchased the Godiva Lightening Lip Gloss and it didn't work for me. I purchased two, maybe I did not use them long enough?

Their lip gloss does have lightening ingredient in it (licorice extract) but it is in a petroleum base, it's like Vaseline really. I e-mailed and asked will they ever make a formula without the petroleum because I think that is preventing it from penetrating deeper.

I know M. Jackson got his lips tattoo'd, there is no way to have lips that red when your black.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm going to make my own lip lightening balm as soon as I get my actives. I add a dab of hq in my lip gloss already and make sure I dont lick or eat until it is absorbed. It has worked well but I heard from a PS that using Kojic acid on your lips works well so I think I'm going to make a formula with kojic, and licorice and maybe .8% hydro and see how it works. I'll add my recipe later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know M. Jackson got his lips tattoo'd, there is no way to have lips that red when your black.
tattoo'd? Actually the monobenzone he way using to dipig and stop melonin production is known to travel throughout the blood stream and ending up lightening hair and even eyes so it's ability to lighten lips would have be an easy side-effect.

The skin on the lips is very, very thin, so the less melanin you have in your lips the more the blood circulation in your lips will show through, making the lips appear to be red, when in fact its not red at all. It is simmilar to the effect of a person with very fair skin appearing to have red skin or blushing. It isnt their skin color its the blood underneath simply showing through.

Michael jackson depigmented his skin almost 100% so his lips had no melanin, therefor making his lips pink, also he used lipstick and blush just like any other woman would to make their lips pink or red. he didnt tatoo his lips on tho. He did tatoo some of his eye makeup on tho!

RIP MJ

·
Registered
395 Posts
Im using arbutin once a day (absorbs quickly) as well as MAC SPF15 lip balm for my lips using multiple applications a day. Protects and keeps lip soft and supple for me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think mj did tatoo his lips, every close up i have of him looks like tattoo lip liner at least. I dont think he wanted to be seen with white lips. Makes sense

·
Registered
139 Posts
okay yall i've tried godiva lip gloss and the expensive freshup pink lips piece of shyt !!!

none of them did a godamn thang (rolling my eyes)....BUT THERE IS HOPE !!

there is a laser surgery in thailand that removes lip pigment..for $300..they used to have pictures on the site but the images are broken..but the pics i saw were great !!!

the reason why i wanna get this is because if you have purplish lips..they can become red/pink as i saw in the before after photos

this is what i plan to get

i haven't used hydroquinone on my lips..if someone says this works let a sistah know !

·
Registered
265 Posts
mellow cat I have and they did lighten. but of course being on the lips you have to be careful and make sure your not going to eat etc...... I keep rubbing till I make sure that it is absolutely completely absorbed

I want to make a serum using natural skin lightening ingredients and use on the lips. No company makes it but I think i might use my actives and get a lip serum recipe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
good suggestions. I have heard about the lemon method before, I don't know why I didn't think of it. Idk about hydro or mono, that seems WAY too dangerous
hey mmkay, im trying so hard to lighten mine too...I have been to Florida, vegas, and DR this summer (not to mention all the other days of my life) and didnt realize i should be protecting my lips... anywho.. here are my lips. im so upset.... i have a looooooooooooong way to go to lighten mine and im not even sure its possible... for now its lemon juice, and the palmers cocoa butter chapstick...what are you doing?

·
Registered
467 Posts
please don't put monobenzone or hydroquinone on the lips,it for the skin only.please don't do it..these are chemicals it may get into the mouth,it maybe harmful on the lips and if it get into the mouth.and then this maybe serious..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts