Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most skin lightening cream sites are without before and after pictures to prove they work OR when the very few websites that do display it, it looks photoshoped or fake.

There is no site that has 100% results, where a majority can show it works, I say forget words...pictures is the way to show it works.

Ive read loads of reviews and seen loads of creams but yet to find anyone with 100% results. But i can't find reviews on Lightenex Plus...has anyone used this
another site with no proof but causes curiosity

·
Registered
395 Posts
yes ive used it and its expensive crap (my opinion anyway) but it could work for asian skin...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Why is it that so many skin lightening creams cost so much? I noticed the Lightenex also has mineral oil in it, that is a really cheap oil that clogs pores but they state that it's an "excellent moisturizer".

I agree, it may help even the skin, but does not seem to lighten too much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All.

So Nina, it didn't work at all?

p.s. Flawless are excellent...but i saw there final dance on youtube before they did it...it's about 9 minutes long. Still good though!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have seen Lightenex on a tv add-- .. I think it is made by a co. called pharmaclinix. I was quite interested in knowing more abt this cream but unfortunately cannot find any reviews on the net or any before or after pix either.

Has anyone who used it seen any improvement at all in their skin?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen Lightenex on a tv add-- .. I think it is made by a co. called pharmaclinix. I was quite interested in knowing more abt this cream but unfortunately cannot find any reviews on the net or any before or after pix either.

I saw this advertised in a gulf air plane magazine, so thought it should be good if it's advertise there, it's also advertised in chemists in london, BUT no proof it works

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I saw this advertised in a gulf air plane magazine, so thought it should be good if it's advertise there, it's also advertised in chemists in london, BUT no proof it works
You're rite. There is no proof tht it works. On top, it seems to be very expensive as well!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks All.

So Nina, it didn't work at all?

p.s. Flawless are excellent...but i saw there final dance on youtube before they did it...it's about 9 minutes long. Still good though!
Not for me, but I am very dark skinned. I was also abit worried about it being in a jar-ive since read that jarred creams may lose their effectiveness over a short period of time...

Flawless are brilliant, but you have to hand it Diversity - its only natural for me to want to see a dance off between them next! Ill check out that 9min vid, dont think i seen that one...

·
Registered
16 Posts
yup ive used it, its actually very similar to their standard lightenex, its good but i think it maybe more for asian skin. It's all over the TV so might be worth trying if you are asian.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup ive used it, its actually very similar to their standard lightenex, its good but i think it maybe more for asian skin. It's all over the TV so might be worth trying if you are asian.
manctree, did it work in anyway for you? Im asumming your black and so is ninasky. You both advising it might work for Asians. But the strange thing is i see adverts where it promotes making black people fairer...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
""If you wanna be happy For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife" - Danny! I hope your wife never sees this!

Thank you for posting that link. What a good read! It underscores exactly what I mean about misleading & coersive advertizing. This is why I hit Google Scholar for peer reviewed journals for dbl blind placebo controlled studies. A manufacturer can claim almost anything! Plus, this product was 'tested
) in POLAND on subjects who were probably as white as chalk in thhe first place! This is the same as relying on studies carried out in Switzerland or Paris -unless you are one of our white friends here looking to undo a bad tan or get rid of freckles, melasma or age spots. The ads by Unilever Hindustan for Fair & Lovely. They are some of the worst offenders I've ever seen. I'll try to post links to some of these ads. They are insulting racist drivel that cater to & promote insecurity & desperation: the opposite of what we are doing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive got quite a response to my signature...kool.

Yeah i agree with you, these adverts are so misleading. I can't believe Lightenex Plus was used on people from Poland to test a fairness cream, which is aimed at very dark skin people in their adverts....so bad. It's common sense test it on dark skin people to prove results.

pharmaclinix is bad and a very misleading company.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I agree, that would be potentionally a turn off for if they already tested on people who were already very fair. They should run more tests on a variety of shades of skin.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just moved offices yesterday and guess what...im right next to Pharmaclinix, the company which sells this cream. When i get time i will have a word with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts

ive used the lightenex plus, finished a 50ml bottel, and got no results...forget lighter skin dint see any resuls on my skin. its a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts