Skin Care Talk banner
1041 - 1060 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I realise its been years since Ondine first posted this thread but I wanted a follow up. Is she still light? Anyone used this & it worked? Great thread.

Now off to search for more Carotein threads. I also like how she said to lighten your darkest areas first, seemed like common sense but it never really crossed my mind so I'll start with knees & elbows first!

·
Registered
436 Posts
IS there any other chemical peels I can use that just as effective but less pricey than 4 week LA exfoliation peel process? I'm about to follow your plan. My face is Kelly Rowland dark and my lower body ( legs) is Beyonce light. I also bought a mitten loofah was that a good investment? Also I can't get the La peel cause I live in the UK and shipping to this country is not included here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
luv this thread. but bottom line.

Once u start using HQ u never stop using it?

But even if u do...u basically come back on it again because natural lighteners aren't good enough?

On, off, on, off...for a real longg time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In love with this thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello lovely ladies, thank you so much for the wealth of information. I learnt so much that I didn't know before. My story.... I'm of a caramel complexion and had been happy with my skin colour, I never wanted to be lighter or darker, just satisfied. But society has made me feel differently. I started supplementing with 100mg vit c 2 weeks ago and 300mg msm 4 days ago. I started exfoliating with Likas 2 weeks ago as well as twice weekly sea salt baths and once a week body scrub. Omg, the difference is amazing! So pleased with how my skin is looking now! Some areas are still slightly darker than others though, so I've decided to purchase lactic acid 40% peels. I have a few queries... Do i avoid the area around the eyes when I do this? Would that not look uneven? I will NOT do any other peels after the 4 weeks suggested by ondine. After this, I will use carotein nourishing fairness cream as advised by ondine for another 4 weeks as advised. After this period, I do not want to use ra or anything or get any lighter (quite happy with the results of exfoliating and supplements) my question is, what do I do after this? Is likas/ kojie San anti acing soap with weekly salt baths and sun protection along with supplements be enough to maintain the colour? Or will I need to do more lactic acid peels a few months down the line? Ondine, I would really appreciate any advice! Other members too! Many many thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry part of that sentence sounds as though I'm not taking ondine's advice, which is not the case! I'm only following everything advised by ondine up to carotein cream. After that, I will try to maintain :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Way to go, simply beautiful. Diluting this to 44% would be a snap. Thanks for contributing. This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would happen here.
Hello, first off thanks for all of this useful info. How would I go about diluting it to 44%?

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote name="browntolight" url="/t/10097/lightening-fitz-v-vi-skin-a-primer/1040#po st_675433"]I would like to know if the 4% HQ in ADC is a tube and if RA 0.005% is also a tube. Thanks[/quote] Yes both are in tubes..

·
Registered
199 Posts
whoop whoop! tomorrow is my 4th peel and I hadn't really realized how different my skin looked. until today when I was working out and this Nigerian lady came and jumped on the treadmill directly in front of me. before she arrived I thought okay im about her complexion but when I looked at us in the mirror I was considerably lighter. my bf & people I meet always reference me as a light skinned & im thinking NO im gabby's complexion. but if you look at the think like a man 2012 cover (gabby, taraji, meagan, regina & their male leads) im more of a cross between Meagan and Regina. but wants to boost it up to taraji (w/lighting & airbrushed on that cover)............... so I have work to do & I am on it.

1041 - 1060 of 1098 Posts