Skin Care Talk banner
1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like to say thank you to everybody that is in this forum for the wonderful advice, I have achieve this far. Prior to me discovering this forum by accident I will asked people what they use for their complexion to lighten up, they never told me the truth on the product they used. When I bought those same products they will never work on me. I took Ondine advice and I have been using hq and RectinA just for less than a month after exfoliating for about 2months. In the beginning I did not see any difference but recently people have been telling me I am glowing and myself I have realize the change. I plan on using these two products since I have not yet achieve my goal but wanted to share my experience with the group. Again thank you all.

·
Registered
321 Posts
"Thank You Ondine" for this very informative thread. It was worth the 54 page read. You have taught us how to correct and maintain beautiful skin. As I progress on my skin care journey, I will refer to this thread when questions arise. All The answers are here.

Thank You again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow Ondine, I really appreciate all the information you gave. With all the information I have now, this skin journey should be a lot easier. You are like a dictionary for skin care. Keep adding more info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's all for now! I'll be back soon with the next steps
You say not to use any harsh exfoliants for a week after the 1st LA peel then u say wasH 2x daily with likas soap isnt that an exfoliating soap tho?? or is it safe to use the two together and another question can i do my peels back to back...Say every Friday for a month or will that irritate my skin (Fitz III-IV)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
You say not to use any harsh exfoliants for a week after the 1st LA peel then u say wasH 2x daily with likas soap isnt that an exfoliating soap tho?? or is it safe to use the two together and another question can i do my peels back to back...Say every Friday for a month or will that irritate my skin (Fitz III-IV)
Likas soap is not a must. For some people on here (like myself), they actually didn't like it. When I did chemical peels, I preferred either tomato or licorice soap. A Harsh exfoliant is more like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or a kojic acid soap. Since you are a beginner I'd recommend applying the peel once every 7-10 days. A total of 3-4 peels for an entire month. Not everyone's skin is the same. For some, doing it once every 5 days is okay but for others, once every 10 days is the max their skin can tolerate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Likas soap is not a must. For some people on here (like myself), they actually didn't like it. When I did chemical peels, I preferred either tomato or licorice soap. A Harsh exfoliant is more like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or a kojic acid soap. Since you are a beginner I'd recommend applying the peel once every 7-10 days. A total of 3-4 peels for an entire month. Not everyone's skin is the same. For some, doing it once every 5 days is okay but for others, once every 10 days is the max their skin can tolerate.
Hey, do you think I can replace euracin lotion with palmers vitamin e oil

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I am so glad i found this forum. I remember over the years of using products with hope gleamed eyes only months later to not see results. I feel, especially here in the U.S., that ethnic skin care is not on par as in say Asia. I feel that there is not a lot of research out there that really delves into ways to achieve beautiful, glowing, healthy ethnic skin. All i see is "use ambi fade cream, hydroquinone, exfoliate!" But they don't tell you how, how often, what is right for your skin type, what is pih! Even for White people who like maintaing thier paleness feel like they dont get healthy advice (per my white goth co-workers! :) )

Just want to give a shout out to EVERYONE on this forum who provide info, and i hope one day to be a help to someone who comes here with fustration as i once did.

*gets off soap box**

:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Some people's skin can handle it. However it is recommended that you start off on a lower strength and work your way up.
I purchased 0.05 %, found it did not have an effect on my skin . I will use it for a few months, but when I re-order I will get 0.1%.
Do a spot check first.

Good Luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote name="ondine" As for applying the LA peel, deetailed instructions come with the product. Follow them to the letter. Hi I got my la 80-92% from the pharmacy. I diluted it twice and still it burned me so badly could there be a difference between my la and the brandnamed ones??? Excuse me my English is horrible

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a quick question, I'm reading all the post of this forum and it is so informative! Thank you so much Ondine for the information!
I live in Canada so I have decided to wait till Winter to start this regimen for it will be easier to avoid the sun, with that being said my question is, while I am in the exfoliation phase of doing weekly LA Peels at 40%, do I still use my RA while I am peeling?? Or do I just let myself peel?

Say I stopped the application of RA the day prior (Sunday) & I applied 2 coats of LA on Monday, the following days that I expect to peel, do I restart the use of RA? So Monday I apply the LA, and tuesday I use RA? I am just confused about that. I have also decided to do the sea salt soaks on thursday so that way my body will have a chance to peel and I can finish peeling/flaking by the time Monday comes again to do the next round.

Please let me know if this is the right procedure you were referring too. Thanks again for all this information, I plan to follow it to the letter!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a quick question, I'm reading all the post of this forum and it is so informative! Thank you so much Ondine for the information!
I live in Canada so I have decided to wait till Winter to start this regimen for it will be easier to avoid the sun, with that being said my question is, while I am in the exfoliation phase of doing weekly LA Peels at 40%, do I still use my RA while I am peeling?? Or do I just let myself peel?

Say I stopped the application of RA the day prior (Sunday) & I applied 2 coats of LA on Monday, the following days that I expect to peel, do I restart the use of RA? So Monday I apply the LA, and tuesday I use RA? I am just confused about that. I have also decided to do the sea salt soaks on thursday so that way my body will have a chance to peel and I can finish peeling/flaking by the time Monday comes again to do the next round.

Please let me know if this is the right procedure you were referring too. Thanks again for all this information, I plan to follow it to the letter!
I love this thread so much, when I first discovered it I read it like a book! When you are peeling do not use RA, wait until you are done peeling fully and simply baby your skin with oils, butters, whatever you decide to moisturize with. You should stop the use of RA at least 2 days prior to a peel and not use it until 2 days after the peel or whenever you are done peeling. So if you do your LA peel on Monday, Friday is your last day using RA. When I do LA peels, I don't get noticeable peeling anywhere but my face (only micropeeling) so I usually just waited 2 days after the peel to use RA.
Also consider getting an exfoliation towel or gloves, many SCT members swear by Korea Italy towels. Good luck and it's great to see that you are planning so far ahead of time!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys this is a silly question, but when Odine says the 40% peel in the exfoliation phase, is she talking about the face only or the body overall? And did you guys do the peels on your whole body or just face? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys this is a silly question, but when Odine says the 40% peel in the exfoliation phase, is she talking about the face only or the body overall? And did you guys do the peels on your whole body or just face? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope someone answers. I would like to know also.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have used 40% LA peel on my body, but never on my face. The skin there s way too delicate for 40 %. Then again everyone's skin is different. It's always safer to start at a lower %-age and work your way up to your skins tolerance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have used 40% LA peel on my body, but never on my face. The skin there s way too delicate for 40 %. Then again everyone's skin is different. It's always safer to start at a lower %-age and work your way up to your skins tolerance.

That's soo funny @ Trinii..... last night my family was asking me about my skin care regime for the hundredth time. I've put 40% on my face used a small hour glass 2minute timer than blasted it with another 4% for 2minutes - speaking of which I need to go pick up some more SPF 30 from the local store. (brb)

1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts