Skin Care Talk banner
1081 - 1098 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I continue to be more & more impressed with Carotein cream. It is more effective than many products costing 3-4 times as much.
That's it when I go out today I am picking up (2/3) jars of it! I ordered about 6 RA from ADC but will be out if I plan on moving to the next step from LA 40% body peels. So I plan to follow your method to the T this time. I am tired of NOT seeing the results I desire.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go to google type in or copy and paste the info below:

Best Bleaching Lightening Whitening Skin Melasma pigment face Cream Kojic Acid C

It is safe to say that Lightening Fitz V-VI skin is this before pic & our desired effect would be similar to the after photo.

I will be 100% satisfied with the results. And maintain the results. Question is can it really happen?

We will see by February 2015 I will begin my HQ efforts so that by April 2015 I will be complete & from there to here.

Current state and desired effect - will it happen?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello my name is marie225 i have read so much of your fritz V and continuing to learn as i go on. Your Great!!!!. I have one question what is ADC?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey, since Carotein Nourishing & Fairness cream is no longer made apparently, what is an alternative? No F&F or RA because that's more expensive. And no G&G, and not anything with HQ. Just a exfoliating cream with natural lighteners at around the same price?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Very dark skin will take a longer time to show progress since the new developing skin affected by the lightening agents is behind a thick layer of very dark skin. This can give darker people the impression that their routine isn't working when, in fact, it is! It'll just take more patience & time before the change becomes noticable.

EXFOLIATION is going to play an even greater role for Fits V-VI guys & gals than for lighter skinned people. Before even thinking about buying a bunch of lightening creams, lotions gels & serums, invest in:

- 40% Lactic Acid peel kit.(do NOT substitute this with TCA. It can discolour dark skin in high concentrations)

- the microfiber cloth (click on the helpful link in Goatlady's signature for the source)

- Tretinoin (RA) 0.1% from All Day Chemist (click link in my signature: scroll till you find it)

- Likas Papaya Soap. Do NOT substitute this with another soap containing kojic acid or AHAs.

-European sunblock (like Anthelios)

- Sea Salt

- Eucerin Lotion (do not substitute with shea butter or another lotion. the Eurea in this formula is extremely soothing to sensitized skin yet contains nothing thsat'll react badly with yr treatment creams.

Surprizingly, dark skin, despite its natural SPF of 15, is often very sensitive & can react unpredictably to acidic ingredients. This catches many dark people by surprise. Lactic acid is the most gentle & least drying of the peel treatments. At 40%, you don't risk frying your face or creating blotchiness.

The first order of the day is to remove all those accumulated sundamaged layers you never even knew you had. You want to actually SEE your real colour before attempting to alter it. Dark skin attracts the sun & when you're using acidic agents & esp. RA, you become even more vulnerable. This is why some darker people using RA get the misleading impression that they're getting 'rebound darkening' or that the creams are having the reverse effect. You need to stay the heck out of the sun! You likely have over 2 decades of sun damage fro unprotected full-blast exposure. Whereas most Caucasians wore some kind of sunblock, very few dark skinned black people knew that they also needed to. Your true colour beneath the damage will surprise you. It sure caught me off guard! All that dark red stuff wasn't really 'me': it was permatan!

Since this post is long, I'll stop here. the next instalment will be about how to begin this exfoliating regimen
This is very helpful.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Bumping this post because it was and is still very helpful, especially when I began my skin evening/lightening journey, I learned so much and the information still applies today, patience and commitment is key, after ten years I truly understand and appreciate this thread even more 😊❤ thank you to everyone who has contributed and kept this thread going 😊❤

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bumping this post because it was and is still very helpful, especially when I began my skin evening/lightening journey, I learned so much and the information still applies today, patience and commitment is key, after ten years I truly understand and appreciate this thread even more 😊❤ thank you to everyone who has contributed and kept this thread going 😊❤
I agree , this post was/is very helpful. Out of curiosity have you reached your goal shade ? I have yet to reach mine,but to be honest I was never consistent and took years off of lightening .

·
Registered
892 Posts
@Donaey i have but fell off my routine and didn’t practice Sun Avoidance Protection, but I’m back to exfoliating and peels and SAP always now 😊
Also I work from home these days and order a lot of things I need online for delivery, like groceries and etc. seems so much more easier to avoid the sun now so I’m more committed to my routine and I have plenty of patience the older I get 😊 I’m going to start a photo journal maybe on YouTube, but I’m not showing my face because I’ve always valued my privacy long before social media was in our everyday vocabulary 😊

·
Registered
597 Posts
@Donaey i have but fell off my routine and didn’t practice Sun Avoidance Protection, but I’m back to exfoliating and peels and SAP always now 😊
Also I work from home these days and order a lot of things I need online for delivery, like groceries and etc. seems so much more easier to avoid the sun now so I’m more committed to my routine and I have plenty of patience the older I get 😊 I’m going to start a photo journal maybe on YouTube, but I’m not showing my face because I’ve always valued my privacy long before social media was in our everyday vocabulary 😊
I definitely understand. I travel a lot for work so it’s kinda hard to avoid the sun . I want to get back on SAP and exfoliating. If you do get on YouTube , let me know and I’ll follow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought about doing a skin vlog too, showing my face and all. But then I coward thinking all the negativity that is going to spark from the pro melanin warriors of the internet 😆. Skin lightening in America is still so taboo and looked down upon even though it's a billion dollar industry.
I'm in the same boat as you sort of, I stay at home also and have been on and off during the years but I've found out a routine that works for me nicely. I'm thinking about doing a Instagram maybe it's more private. Plz share with me via pm if you decide to photo journal.

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
SAME!! I'm not even on SM, and for that same reason, privacy.

Even way back when, we all, for the most part, were smart enough to hold onto that privacy. It's the new generation that someday will look back and think.......wow, I was so foolish to put myself out there. Digital footprints stick with you for life (y) valuing your privacy is the best thing you can do for yourself!! SO many members throughout the years have reached out and asked me to remove photo's, posts, etc. But even by me removing them from the site, there are still out there, and easy to find.

1081 - 1098 of 1098 Posts