Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’m a long time lurker on the forum. Right now I’m about medium brown tone like Normani (NC47?). My goal is to be a lighter caramel brown. I used to wanna be super light but it’s not realistic. I’ve used nadinola and carowhite but no heavy lightening besides that. I reverted because I stopped. Is this goal possible for me?

31AB9F09-305C-4ECF-AFFA-1BDF0DDB9832.jpeg 8ABD96E4-7F1E-46FA-B6BA-2C82417E59E4.jpeg
Since I have discoloration in my skin my plan is to first clear my skin and get rid of discoloration. Then I’ll use a strong regi with roids until I reach my goal, wean off to HQ so I don’t redarken then wean off those and maintain with natural lighteners. I’m aware the dangers of using steroids and will be sure to skinbuild and use RA. My regi for exfoliation is:

FACE AM
  • Apply F&W Soap, leave on 5 mins
  • Cleanse skin
  • Apply Vitamin C, Caffiene, and Hylaraunic Acid Serum
  • Use Moisturizer
  • Apply Sun cream

Body AM
  • lather on F&W soap and leave on 5 mins
  • rinse off in shower
  • apply LA lotion to damp skin
  • apply shea butter
  • sun cream to exposed areas

PM face
Same routine but do nightly face mask before routine

PM body
Same but I’m also doing glycolic acid peels on tough areas so when needed I’ll apply that too

after a month or two of this I will include a cream into my mix. I’m still considering what this is. Please give suggestions etc if you have

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Start using retin a at night in conjunction with your lightening serum, make sure the lightening serum doesn’t include acids otherwise you will burn your skin. And then use the vitamin c serum during the day. You can look into getting like a hydroquinone serum or cream to use alongside retin a but retin a needs to be used because it thins your skin and exfoliates it is so that the lightening agents can penetrate deeper.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hello everyone I’m a long time lurker on the forum. Right now I’m about medium brown tone like Normani (NC47?). My goal is to be a lighter caramel brown. I used to wanna be super light but it’s not realistic. I’ve used nadinola and carowhite but no heavy lightening besides that. I reverted because I stopped. Is this goal possible for me?

View attachment 66357 View attachment 66358
Since I have discoloration in my skin my plan is to first clear my skin and get rid of discoloration. Then I’ll use a strong regi with roids until I reach my goal, wean off to HQ so I don’t redarken then wean off those and maintain with natural lighteners. I’m aware the dangers of using steroids and will be sure to skinbuild and use RA. My regi for exfoliation is:

FACE AM
  • Apply F&W Soap, leave on 5 mins
  • Cleanse skin
  • Apply Vitamin C, Caffiene, and Hylaraunic Acid Serum
  • Use Moisturizer
  • Apply Sun cream
Body AM
  • lather on F&W soap and leave on 5 mins
  • rinse off in shower
  • apply LA lotion to damp skin
  • apply shea butter
  • sun cream to exposed areas
PM face
Same routine but do nightly face mask before routine

PM body
Same but I’m also doing glycolic acid peels on tough areas so when needed I’ll apply that too

after a month or two of this I will include a cream into my mix. I’m still considering what this is. Please give suggestions etc if you have
Never use LA lotion on wet body or after shower use cera ve moisturizing cream on wet skin wait 3 hours then apple LA lotion. Otherwise you will thin your skin and destroy your skin barrier

·
Administrator
33,882 Posts
Never use LA lotion on wet body or after shower use cera ve moisturizing cream on wet skin wait 3 hours then apple LA lotion. Otherwise you will thin your skin and destroy your skin barrier
I'm not sure where your getting our info about LA thinning your skin and destroying your skin barrier......or about not applying it on damp skin. I apply all my moisturizers on damp skin, helps penetrate easier but also helps them last longer. When you use LA lotion you shouldn't apply another cream prior to it, you would want to use LA lotion first, then you are fine to layer it with another if you choose too.

But a few things you need to know about LA lotion (Amlactin) its a gentle exfoliant to help break down rough, dry skin and boost the skin's natural renewal process. Its also a powerful humectant, that helps attract and retain moisture. It's one of the best moisturizers a person can use to help maintain soft supple skin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts