Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give an update on my "lightening" progress. I'm attempting full body lightening. (Even tone then lighten). The TCS 30% peel on my hands (my absolute worst area) has done a fabulous job - I am complementing it with HQ/RA now that much of the peeling is complete. One more peel and my hands should be the same tone of my torso.
I have been using the HQ 4% and RA (various strengths on various body parts) and my face is DEFINITELY lighter.
I attended a black tie affair this past weekend and two acquaintances were unsure if I were me!!! I notice people at the office looking at me twice and with questions on their face (lol). "Other" body parts are noticeably lighter as well. Unfortunately, I did not take b4 pics.
I used the TCA 30% on my feet and elbows one time but they are being stubborn! To fight those "villans" I plan to use the Ondine Eucerin/HQ 10% Potion
that I just mixed up moments ago after another peel.
I still use my DIY Vit C Serum, Papaya/KA soap and various sunblock from 30 to 90 SPF. As soon as I use up the 7 containers of sunblock I have ( at least two containers in vehicles, office and home - I don't leave home without it. ) I plan to buy some of the sunblock products LNL recommends.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Congrats on your successful journey! Keep it up
Oh and if you find a way to make your HQ completely melt without sparkles and needles in your 10% compound then please let me know how.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LNL. I am sooo excited about my results.

I followed Ondine's instructions (and Goddess' precautions) but used the quantities I desired. I didn't noticed any undissolved crystals and the consistency is very smooth. There doesn't appear to be any HQ residue. I will let you know how it feels on the body.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for sharing yr progress, Salsera. It sounds like what you're doing is working for you. Please keep updating on yr progress. The highest TCA I've ever tried os the 18%. I'm reticent to try anything higher than that because I've read that, on brown skin, it can create uneven blotchiness (not what I want!). After yesterday's 50% TCA, the backs of my hands feel like a baby's. My face is feels funny in a way that's hard to explain. Many people are saying that the lactic acid peels are better than both the TCA & the Glycolic but since I know little of peels (peel newbie) I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I am on the bandwagon of those people who say Lactic acid peels are better than both TCA/Glycolic, I say this because TCA/Glycolic are not good for dark skin b/c it causes dryness, hyperpigmentation, etc. but Lactic Acid 40 to 55% doesnt have any down time, its GREAT for lightening the skin and unlike the other peels, it MOISTURIZES the skin. The one from makeupartistchoice.com has gotten rave reviews b/c it also contains concentrated Licorice Root Extract and look at the videos of the results the woman got from two applications.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks, LNL. I'll definitely give lactic a go after I'm done with the Glycolic. TCA has too long of a down-time & the frosting & leathery patches make going out ipossible until they slough off. The words 'no down time' are like music to my ears. Does the lactic burn & itch as much as TCA & Glycolic?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I must say Lactic is probably the only one I have not tried. I have to at least try it, I can handle "tingles"
A nice change from a bed of fire ants and a blow torch

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
"A nice change from a bed of fire ants and a blow torch" I couldn't agree more! tingling I can definitely do.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
yeah, many people dont try the Lactic because they are fooled into believing that since it doesnt burn or feel irritating and extremely tight afterwards that it does not give noticeable results and its weak but thats not true, you dont always have to go through torture to get results. Because the lactic moisturizes in the process you end up with glowing skin, a moisturized skin always functions better.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on your successful journey! Keep it up
Oh and if you find a way to make your HQ completely melt without sparkles and needles in your 10% compound then please let me know how.
LNL My HQ product appears to be stable. I based it on the actual patent, which can be found at any patent website.

Since the patented ingredients were too numerous I essentially determine the chemical properties of each ingredient (i.e., emulsifier, perservative, stablizer, humecant, etc) and proceded to take a short cut by using the base of Eucerine since it is already stable, and contains most of the necessary key ingredients.

I brought my water to boiling point and sat the 2 beakers into the water. I put 3 Tbps of
H20 into one beaker and 5 Tbsp of Eucerin into the second beaker. I add 1/2 tablespoon of glycerine to the Eucerin and 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid. I added 2 Tbps of Hydroquinone to the H20 and stirred both mixtures until almost reached boiling point (roughly 170 degree fahrenheit). I brought the HQ mixture to eye level to ensure it was completely dissolved. When I was sure it was dissolved, I continued to heat a little longer to play it safe.

I combined the mixtures and stirred vigorously, while the mixture was still on the burner. I turned off the heat and sat the beaker in cold water and continue to stir. The base remained on top, the HQ ingredients were on the bottom, so I poured the mixture into a bottle then shaked the bottle vigorously. The ingredients emulsified and the cream is pure white.

I tested it and achieve good results after 1 night. I woke up very red on my chest (which happens to be my high sun area) but the skin was smooth, soft and not at all imflammed. I estimate the potency of approximately 18% HQ.

The entire process 10 approximately 20 minutes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
so thats how u melted the HQ, in water, i never thought of that, was too scared it would be oxidized. clever crescent thats your new nickname

LNL

lol i like that...has a ring to it, but in all modesty i give full credit to Goddess and Ondine who chartered the mission.

and of course the actual patent found at the website below:

freepatentsonline.com/6699464.html

If you are worried about too much air getting into your HQ use a graduated cylinder or any other form of beaker with a small spout. You can cap and vent it so the air rushes out with the heat, not in...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LNL
I applied the Eucerin/HQ10 lotion and I didn't seek any sparkles or needles. It went on smoothly and left no residue.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Salsera, yes I did. What an ordeal! It is too soon to say re results, though. Today my face has a dry 'pebbly' texture. I expect peeling within a day or so. I made another Eucerin blend yesterday & it too blended perfectly smoothly: no grit,needles, sparkles or de-emusifying of the Euremol in the eucerin. I heat it do 180 degrees & stir frequently. This absolutely guarantees even melting & thorough blending of the ingredients.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You go!!! I don't have the nerve to do that yet, especially with all the other topical treatments I use now. If I add one more active to my skin I may trigger a chemical explosion when near open flames !!!

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
OOPS! My mistake! I used a 50% Glycolic peel. With TCA, I tried the 18%.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congrats Salsera! It looks like you're coming along!

You too, CrescentMoon! I tried the HQ/Water, just to do it, and it turned brown while melting. Good to see it's working for you!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats Salsera! It looks like you're coming along!

You too, CrescentMoon! I tried the HQ/Water, just to do it, and it turned brown while melting. Good to see it's working for you!
Thanks, Goddess,

Remember the base ingredient is not a true white, it is an amber color, so the solution should be a slight amber color, not to be confused with brown-colored oxidation.

Try using a capped and vented beaker...the kind from high school or undergrad chemistry with the hard rubber cork and the venting hole or tube... ah...remembering the bunsen burners, pipettes and balancing equations....sure wish I had paid more attention. LOL!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts