Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I've been doing this 2x per week & it is really effective:

-2x/wk, draw a very hot (as hot as is comfortable: boiling yourself is NOT the goal here.) Add: 2 cups of sea salt to the water (you may add a couple of drops of pure lavender essential oil to the mix too as it is calming & smells so nice). Hop in (bring a good book!) & loaf there for about 1hr. You can add more hot water if the temp cools. After about 40 mins, gently massage your skin in small circles with a coarse washcloth. You will notice gross dead skin rolling off. It is alarming at first, but do it all over your body including your face. The dead skin will be even more apparent for those using Tretinoin or mono 20%.

-begin letting the water out of the bath. Lather yourself up with your kojic acid/papaya soap. Let the suds sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse off with warm clear (NOT your bathwater!) water. Your skin will be as smooth as glass. Now, when you are dry enough to apply your creams (mono users apply to damp skin). The creams will absorb maximally as they do not have to wrestle their way past all that dead skin. You WILL see faster & more even results.

- Doing this daily will dry your skin out. Twice/week is a good number.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO! Do NOT get the likas soap OR any Kojic or Glycolic in your eyes; it'll burn like mad.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The goal is to get lighter skin; NOT to go blind. If anything gets into your eyes, rinse abundantly & if there's any irritation, consult a doctor.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds good Ondine, thanks for the tips. I'll try it as soon as i get some seasalt lol. You know what, my skin has seriously improved with likas, retin-a and HQ 4, my face is so light now that i had to stop using HQ4 on my face. I just got the GOW light/bright serum to use in the morning on my face and use ret/HQ only at night on my body . Did you notice that Fawnies source for retin-a is cheaper, I checked it out and they also carry HQ4, I'll order from them next time..

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttee,

What great news! It is always inspiring to read about others getting the results they worked for. Congrats! If you have any other tips to share, please do so. There are so many skin lightening forums,discussion boards out there. Most are filled with either fake 'plugs' from companies trying to hawk crappy products or desperate people spreading misinformation & NOT getting results. So many HELP MEEE! posts. So few people like the community here with REAL strategies. I wish La Donna & Need to B light would return. I guess many people who DO bleach successfully want to just 'blend in' & distance themselves from bleachers. There's a lot of stigma to this in North America. You CAN go tan openly without embarrassment (even though millions die of skin cancer annually). There are no recorded cases in North America of anyone developping cancer from lightening creams.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ondine I like this.

Even if you dont want to lighten your skin to the extent you do, its a good way of gently exfoliating your skin

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gentle exfoliation will make your skin smooth like glass. I love that feeling! Creams absorb readily & you feel super clean.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks Ondine and you're so right, you don't even wanna know how much money i've spent on useless products, my skin just kept going from bad to worse. And yes there is a stigma on skin bleaching but there are other things as you said that are not safe i.e tanning, tattoing etc and people don't have any problem with it. If someone wants to even out their skin by tanning, I don't see any reason why i can't even out my skin by bleaching. Thank heavens that we live in a free society and we can all do as we please. Not saying we should not use these products responsibly or carefully.
How is the mono going? I might try that out but not ready just yet, i'll let you know. Still using retin a /HQ4% & likas papaya. I have also added rose hip seed oil just to buffer the dryness effect, i read it has some lightening effect too. Will keep you posted.
ttee

What great news! It is always inspiring to read about others getting the results they worked for. Congrats! If you have any other tips to share, please do so. There are so many skin lightening forums,discussion boards out there. Most are filled with either fake 'plugs' from companies trying to hawk crappy products or desperate people spreading misinformation & NOT getting results. So many HELP MEEE! posts. So few people like the community here with REAL strategies. I wish La Donna & Need to B light would return. I guess many people who DO bleach successfully want to just 'blend in' & distance themselves from bleachers. There's a lot of stigma to this in North America. You CAN go tan openly without embarrassment (even though millions die of skin cancer annually). There are no recorded cases in North America of anyone developping cancer from lightening creams.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As Asian countries like China, Japan & India become more powerful socoieconomically & therefore more influential globally, some of the stigma will diminish. These countries have long histories of using lightening formulas that predate European colonization. So long as European whites dominate globally, the stigma will remain. All sorts of horror stories (most of them lies!), efforts to keep valid info on lightening & access to reliable products scarce & conspiracies will also persist.There seems to be an effort to maintain the exclusivity of whiteness & make it inaccessible. These efforts will fail in part due to people like us & forums like this sharing what they know & discover. This is YOUR skin;no one has the right to prevent you from altering it as you will.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
szirmai , please report on your results. The more people share their results, the more info we have: eventually, we all get a picture of what works & what does not.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i feel u all. i have to hide my products and when i go to the bath room i have to bring this big caddie cover in black plastic bag....tss tss

·
Registered
164 Posts
MSM increases glutathione levels in your liver by 80 per cent. The only problem is usually the glutathione is not increased all over the body just in the liver.

Thereby, people who use msm and still use glut creams and pills see lightening even faster. Thats what I hear from some testimonials.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sounds awesome!! im in college right now and don't have a tub!! will sitting in a sauna give me similar results?

did u lighten ur knees elbows and knuckles first?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts