Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I have the skin of an elephant. Honestly.
I used 80% LA acid, left it on for 10 minutes....nothing, not even flaking, not even rougher skin. I then used 50% GA acid for 3mins (bcos I used 80% GA and left on for 10mins before 2x a week and it caused slight PIH)
Anyway nothing, I then used it again a week later, just darkened my skin and made it harder but no peeling or flaking.

Now its been almost 3 weeks since my first GA peel, for goodness sake. Nothing it making me peel. So I ordered YPO, I have had previous success with Pink peeling oil but getting that shipped to the UK is nonsense. So I will be trying to 'double strength' YPO. My plan is to leave it on 15mins then layer once more for ONE day only since my skin is already SLIGHTLY rougher from LA peel and GA peel and LA lotion. I'm hoping one day will be enough to peel me but also not cause PIH!!!

I suddenly hate myself because some time back I achieved almost flawless results and was a Fenty 310, i felt too pale so I intentionally darkened to 340, even my hands were really good! It has natural looking pigment and I did not feel it was perfect enough so I went and did peels after peels and got PIH. I promise to never be too greedy once I achieve 'near' results :( I'll just switch to LA peel (since that was mild for my skin), to cause skin turnover without the drastic results that I need NOW. If I can just get back to that I will be happier.

Lets see how it goes...

I'm switching from Amlactin to F&W AHA-2 lotion and once i finished that i will switch to TCA soap (40% TCA in liquid black soap), the soap made my skin micropeel very well.

I used the Mitchel Brands arbutin gel + arbutin lightenUp lotion...sticky and ineffective. forgerrit.
I also mixed F&W serum (2 bottles) wth kojiwhite lotion and used for a month...again FORGERRIT

I think I need a stronger base lotion with HQ because that Kojiwhite was useless. So I've decided I will use the f&w serum by itself all over my body after my shower then AFTER layer with F&W exclusive whitenizer lotion (I got both from the confirmed and authentic amazon pages of the brand in the UK (seller: MitchelBrands UK), bcos I know that counterfiet products can be either ineffective or even laced with Mercury!!!).

Fingers crossed for me guys, I'm hoping that by 3rd November I'll be singing a different tune. I know 1 month is short BUT in my opinion, if a product is good and effective you will see SOME changes in a month, even if only slight. But at least 1% improvement counts for something and adds up in the end. 0% will always remain 0%.

ill probs be talking to myself here but i want to track my results and if anyone feels their skin is very stubborn here too then maybe my experience can help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally peeling!
Used YPO 2x a day for 3 days on my knuckles. Would do 2 layers of YPO in the morning & wear UPF gloves or stay indoors all day and then 1 more layer at night. Moisturised with my palmers healing oil + EVOO and started peeling the next morning. Skin looks lighter and smooth, some areas are a bit red so i am babying my skin for the next few days with my palmers healing oil + EVOO mix.

Did a full body of YPO + F&W AHA-2 lotion, no peeling but skin feels softer and no more signs of dryness so i think it has finished its micropeeling.

Excited to start my new regimen next week using CT+ oil (2% HQ + KA) and SkinLight cream (5% HQ). Going to use this Mon-Fri (with Retin A 3x a week) and skin build on weekends.

Currently back at my original shade of NC50, so hopefully my skin will react to the new regimen since i have not really been using HQ. Goal is NC43 (but ive been eyeing NC40). Apparently Maya Jama is a 320 (Natural tan in Maybayline and Fenty), dont want to be lighter than her…

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new skin for my knuckles look PERFECT! Perfect match for the rest of my hand. Also i had PIH from a previous peel on my ankles and the peeled skin is much lighter! Once all peeled i can begin my SL/CT+ mix so everywhere gets lighter together. I’m so excited!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Hair Head Eyelash Human body Chest

My knuckles have fully peeled and are like 1 shade lighter now. They’re less embarrassing but they’re soft and smooth now, so the creams should penetrate better. There’s no redness. I am going to repeat the YPO in another 2 months time (less deep tho). Now I will be using my HQ cream in the AM, and my HQ mix + RA in the PM before my next peel.

Also received my liquid black soap (500ml), mixed it with 6 tablespoons of YPO to use on my body before my showers (I learnt this from a Nigerian mixologist) as an alternative to using AHA lotion. The next time if I want, I might mix black soap with TCA 40% as this worked amazing for me before.

*SideNote: my BF said my skin is improving (I had lesions on my face due to a Japanese sunscreen which darkened my face). When I asked if my complexion is returning to before, he said yes but slowly and that now I looked more like a mulatta (he’s Austrian/Mediterranean so they use terms like Mulatta/o). I found it funny Bcos I’m pretty sure I’m a NC50 atm, but when I’m outside it looks maybe more like NC45? Not sure.

I can’t wait to get back to this tho (idk what shade I was….but my skin was so creamy). I was only using a black soap + this lotion from a naija mixologist for my body & QEI toning cream for my face.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your results sound/look great. I actually don't mind my body's shade. It's my face and neck that are the most stubborn. What regimen got you to your lightest shade, that is safe for the face? That's all I want to focus on right now, but I've had minimal luck! Any routine, products you recommend would be appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@BiegeCaramel You go girl!
SL/CT sounds great but for the love of me that SL smell almost roused my ancestors 💀
Not gonna lie.. the smell IS A STRONG, it hits my soul if I sniff too closely but I don’t think it’s “bad” per say….it’s a little floral if you overlook the chemical aroma LOL. At least not as bad as carowhite cream, that one felt like I was poisoning my lungs every time I opened the jar. Beginning to wonder if I got a fake one that doesn’t smell terrible or if I’m just desensitised after using carowhite 2 years ago. That smell is still recorded in my brain

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your results sound/look great. I actually don't mind my body's shade. It's my face and neck that are the most stubborn. What regimen got you to your lightest shade, that is safe for the face? That's all I want to focus on right now, but I've had minimal luck! Any routine, products you recommend would be appreciated!
thank you! I just used QEI intense toning cream, and also Makari skin repairing serum worked really well for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
View attachment 67957
My knuckles have fully peeled and are like 1 shade lighter now. They’re less embarrassing but they’re soft and smooth now, so the creams should penetrate better. There’s no redness. I am going to repeat the YPO in another 2 months time (less deep tho). Now I will be using my HQ cream in the AM, and my HQ mix + RA in the PM before my next peel.

Also received my liquid black soap (500ml), mixed it with 6 tablespoons of YPO to use on my body before my showers (I learnt this from a Nigerian mixologist) as an alternative to using AHA lotion. The next time if I want, I might mix black soap with TCA 40% as this worked amazing for me before.

*SideNote: my BF said my skin is improving (I had lesions on my face due to a Japanese sunscreen which darkened my face). When I asked if my complexion is returning to before, he said yes but slowly and that now I looked more like a mulatta (he’s Austrian/Mediterranean so they use terms like Mulatta/o). I found it funny Bcos I’m pretty sure I’m a NC50 atm, but when I’m outside it looks maybe more like NC45? Not sure.

I can’t wait to get back to this tho (idk what shade I was….but my skin was so creamy). I was only using a black soap + this lotion from a naija mixologist for my body & QEI toning cream for my face.
Hey, where did you buy the YPO and black soap from? Please link if possible especially if you’re in EU or anyone who knows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Knuckles Update:
I started a cream mix on my knuckles which have been showing results from the 2nd day, its improving finally. Quickly actually, even my boyfriend can see a difference. I am also doing 60% lactic acid peel 1x weekly. It does not make me peel but it makes my skin softer i realised, and for products to absorb having softer and normal skin thickness helps (my knuckles are usually VERY rough and VERY thick).
I am using a mix of
fashion fair cream - half a tube (steroids) - but its okay as I will be using the mix for up to 2 weeks max then 2-3x a week thereafter to maintain.
white secret dark spot remover - 2 teaspoons
White Now oil - 1 teaspoon
some drops of skin therapy oil
2x a day.

Will post pics once I've achieved my knuckle goals.
Currently giving my skin on my body and face a break. Only using shea butter + RA + skin therapy oil, to moisturise and thicken my skin. I will be using Mon Secret lotion + serum after. (I am ditching my mix because altho it makes me peel, I don't see a difference) Idk if the skinlight I got was fake....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Lips Update;
Been using Koji San soap on my lips every morning. Pasting them with the soap and leaving on for a minute then brushing lips with my toothbrush. After I apply a mix of LightenUp gel, 0.025% RA and CT+ oil (saw difference even without the oil tbh) and leave in to absorb. I find the RA allows it to absorb faster rather than sit on my lips.
I had to baste around my lips with Vaseline before the koji san soap because I found it was SO drying to the corners of my mouth and it was also burning around my mouth. Basting it was Vaseline first has stopped that.

I do it in the mornings because I’m too scared to do it before bed since idk if I’m a lip licked and usually by the end of the day I’m kissy with my partner so I don’t want to poison him either. So since it’s in the AM, I plaster my lips with Sheer Zinc sunscreen and let it dry down (it’s usually stark white then eventually after rubbing it in it’s grey). If I’m at home, I don’t mind - if I go out I wear a brown lipgloss to counter the gray and it works like a charm. It’s been a week and there’s definitely been improvements, especially on my top lip!

before:

After

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took a break from lightening for a bit, since my skin kept peeling. Been using Shea butter and skin therapy oil and my usual non-lightening creams on my face.

i purchased golden face cream (Evob) and my face has lightened and brightened noticeably. I love it! Most reviews said it wouldn’t lighten much Bcos it’s quite natural ingredients (Kojic acid carrot oil and AHA) but it seems my skin is more receptive to products again.

my knuckles have been improving and have started peeling a little.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I used 80% LA acid, left it on for 10 minutes....nothing, not even flaking, not even rougher skin. I then used 50% GA acid for 3mins (bcos I used 80% GA and left on for 10mins before 2x a week and it caused slight PIH)
Anyway nothing, I then used it again a week later, just darkened my skin and made it harder but no peeling or flaking.

Now its been almost 3 weeks since my first GA peel, for goodness sake. Nothing it making me peel. So I ordered YPO, I have had previous success with Pink peeling oil but getting that shipped to the UK is nonsense. So I will be trying to 'double strength' YPO. My plan is to leave it on 15mins then layer once more for ONE day only since my skin is already SLIGHTLY rougher from LA peel and GA peel and LA lotion. I'm hoping one day will be enough to peel me but also not cause PIH!!!

I suddenly hate myself because some time back I achieved almost flawless results and was a Fenty 310, i felt too pale so I intentionally darkened to 340, even my hands were really good! It has natural looking pigment and I did not feel it was perfect enough so I went and did peels after peels and got PIH. I promise to never be too greedy once I achieve 'near' results :( I'll just switch to LA peel (since that was mild for my skin), to cause skin turnover without the drastic results that I need NOW. If I can just get back to that I will be happier.

Lets see how it goes...

I'm switching from Amlactin to F&W AHA-2 lotion and once i finished that i will switch to TCA soap (40% TCA in liquid black soap), the soap made my skin micropeel very well.

I used the Mitchel Brands arbutin gel + arbutin lightenUp lotion...sticky and ineffective. forgerrit.
I also mixed F&W serum (2 bottles) wth kojiwhite lotion and used for a month...again FORGERRIT

I think I need a stronger base lotion with HQ because that Kojiwhite was useless. So I've decided I will use the f&w serum by itself all over my body after my shower then AFTER layer with F&W exclusive whitenizer lotion (I got both from the confirmed and authentic amazon pages of the brand in the UK (seller: MitchelBrands UK), bcos I know that counterfiet products can be either ineffective or even laced with Mercury!!!).

Fingers crossed for me guys, I'm hoping that by 3rd November I'll be singing a different tune. I know 1 month is short BUT in my opinion, if a product is good and effective you will see SOME changes in a month, even if only slight. But at least 1% improvement counts for something and adds up in the end. 0% will always remain 0%.

ill probs be talking to myself here but i want to track my results and if anyone feels their skin is very stubborn here too then maybe my experience can help.
How many ml of black soap and how many ml of TCA did you use to make your soap?

Lets see how it goes...

How many ml of black soap and how many ml of TCA did you use to make your soap?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts