Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , is it possible to go 3-4 shades without HQ and steroids.. ? Assuming one shade is permatan .. so 2 shades lighter than my original skin? If yes then can you recommend what products worked for you?? Please reply

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
First, get rid of the permatan with peels, exfoliation, sunscreen, and avoiding sun exposure (you can find more info if you use the search bar or in the newbie threads at the top of the forum). Then lighten the fresh skin internally with glutathione suppositories, glutathione supplements, or glutathione IVs (all with vitamin C). That how simply I can put it. The latter is the most expensive and you have to be patient.

I've seen some mild improvement using Gigawhite and licorice extract with Makari glycerin on myself, but I think glutathione is a more sustainable option. It requires a large investment, especially initially.

If you are looking to lighten in shades and maintain it, there is no quick fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, get rid of the permatan with peels, exfoliation, and avoiding sun exposure (you can find more info if you use the search bar or in the newbie threads at the top of the forum). Then lighten the fresh skin internally with glutathione suppositories, glutathione supplements, or glutathione IVs (all with vitamin C). The latter is most expensive and you have to be patient.

If you are looking to lighten in shades and stay there, there is no quick fix.
Hello , thankyou .. yes I have avoided the sun for 2-3 years now I just go in the sun only when it’s required .. but still it hasn’t done much for my back and stomach which are so many shades darker it just makes it hard for me to wear crop tops .. can u suggest which peels did you use and where did u buy them from ?? Also Glutha did it work for you and which brand? I thought about jarrows but there are mixed reviews on this forum I don’t know which one to buy..I’m currently usin kojie san but I feel it’s giving me hyperpigmentation tried on my stomach and not doing much for removing the discolouration. I don’t want 4 shades as such but I’ll be happy with 2 shades :) .. how many shades were you able to lighten with gluthathoine and the peels?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hello , thankyou .. yes I have avoided the sun for 2-3 years now I just go in the sun only when it’s required .. but still it hasn’t done much for my back and stomach which are so many shades darker it just makes it hard for me to wear crop tops .. can u suggest which peels did you use and where did u buy them from ?? Also Glutha did it work for you and which brand? I thought about jarrows but there are mixed reviews on this forum I don’t know which one to buy..I’m currently usin kojie san but I feel it’s giving me hyperpigmentation tried on my stomach and not doing much for removing the discolouration. I don’t want 4 shades as such but I’ll be happy with 2 shades :) .. how many shades were you able to lighten with gluthathoine and the peels?

I am located in the US, you are located in India so I am not sure which websites will be available for shipping to you.

Some places on the body are just darker than others - the inner thighs, the neck, hands, knees - for everyone it's different.

If Kojie San is giving you hyperpigmentation, you might be too sensitive to it. If you find that your skin reacts more to certain actives, you might have sensitive skin - proceed with a lot more caution than the average person. I've learned the hard way. I cannot use Kojie on my face or stomach, for example. The stomach is more sensitive than places with thicker skin like the feet or knees. I apply KS on my lips with a toothbrush (for a minute), on my feet, and lower legs, and leave it for 3-5 minutes. Kojic Acid is an effective topical lightener generally as it's meant to aid in the reduction of HP (hyperpigmentation). That said, Kojie San was not a magic bullet for me since it irritated my skin too much for me to use over the years. Building a regimen is all about trial and error.

You can try glycolic peels, green peeling oil, Jessner's peel, or TCA peels for your back, but please proceed with caution. TCA is no joke, and if you have dark skin, it is advised you use HQ for several weeks to prep the skin for possible HP. I would not use that if you haven't used other peels like glycolic or lactic acid. I am not sure if they ship to India, but try Platinum Skin Care and MUAC for other peels. I don't know a bunch of retailers, but I've found green peeling oil on Ebay (in the US). PM me later and I can look for links.

I have not used Jesser's, Green Peeling oil, or TCA - these are deeper peels (especially TCA). I have sensitive skin that scars very easily so I use Mandelic acid which is non-irritating and milder. It hasn't been as effective, IMO. You can try Lactic Acid peels - they are not as deep a peel, but the product is very accessible and you can make a lotion to use daily. If you are looking for a readymade exfoliator, try Amlactin lotion (it is a glycolic acid lotion).

You can also consult with the cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lightening HP in dark-skinned individuals. I was recommended a couple of lasers to use for small areas (like Halo and Clear and Brilliant lasers for my knees). I think a series of peels can work, but you have to do prep. I'm sticking to manual exfoliation and lactic acid lotion which are more sustainable for my sensitive skin (though will not peel my skin in sheets).

I am currently using a topical mix of Makari and gigawhite. I have Jarrow's reduced Glutathione, but I am testing the topical only to see how it works for me. I am not using glutathione at the moment. You can't half-ass glutathione use.

Glutathione is an antioxidant, that when taken orally, mostly gets broken down in the stomach. So in order to get 100mg of gluta, for example, you need to take like 1000mg (these are not exact numbers). It is recommended to take about 3000mg of gluta and 1200mg of vit c daily consistently at least. There are different kinds of glutathione from Jarrow's: reduced, acetyl are the two most talked about. Acetyl is more resistant taken orally, hence it's more expensive. You have to consistently take several grams daily along with vitamin C to see results. You have to effectively mega dose on it - it's not cheap. If you can't maintain testing it for 4-6 months (plus continuous use as once you stop taking gluta, its effects wear off), I wouldn't attempt it until you can. The same with liposomal gluta. This version is bound to a lipid (essentially like a protective cover). Once taken orally, it passes through the stomach without getting broken down. It is also more expensive; I found a couple of brands on Amazon, Core and LipoNaturals I think - but again you have to use a lot and use it continuously.

I have taken liposomal gluta, but I didn't take it long enough to see results. I did it for a month or so. You need to keep taking it with a large dose of vitamin C to see results.

Read the thread on Glutathione and Results for more info. People who have been seen results with gluta IVs (IVs go direct to your bloodstream and the most effective)have posted their journey on there. If you can find pre-made liposomal glutathione or make suppositories (suppositories absorb more directly since they bypass the stomach), that is an option. Be ready for bloating though.

All that said, your mileage may vary. Others can correct me or share what's worked for them. I can't personally attest to glutathione and vitamin C yet, but that's where I would start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am located in the US, you are located in India so I am not sure which websites will be available for shipping to you.

Some places on the body are just darker than others - the inner thighs, the neck, hands, knees - for everyone it's different.

If Kojie San is giving you hyperpigmentation, you might be too sensitive to it. If you find that your skin reacts more to certain actives, you might have sensitive skin - proceed with a lot more caution than the average person. I've learned the hard way. I cannot use Kojie on my face or stomach, for example. The stomach is more sensitive than places with thicker skin like the feet or knees. I apply KS on my lips with a toothbrush (for a minute), on my feet, and lower legs, and leave it for 3-5 minutes. Kojic Acid is an effective topical lightener generally as it's meant to aid in the reduction of HP (hyperpigmentation). That said, Kojie San was not a magic bullet for me since it irritated my skin too much for me to use over the years. Building a regimen is all about trial and error.

You can try glycolic peels, green peeling oil, Jessner's peel, or TCA peels for your back, but please proceed with caution. TCA is no joke, and if you have dark skin, it is advised you use HQ for several weeks to prep the skin for possible HP. I would not use that if you haven't used other peels like glycolic or lactic acid. I am not sure if they ship to India, but try Platinum Skin Care and MUAC for other peels. I don't know a bunch of retailers, but I've found green peeling oil on Ebay (in the US). PM me later and I can look for links.

I have not used Jesser's, Green Peeling oil, or TCA - these are deeper peels (especially TCA). I have sensitive skin that scars very easily so I use Mandelic acid which is non-irritating and milder. It hasn't been as effective, IMO. You can try Lactic Acid peels - they are not as deep a peel, but the product is very accessible and you can make a lotion to use daily. If you are looking for a readymade exfoliator, try Amlactin lotion (it is a glycolic acid lotion).

You can also consult with the cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lightening HP in dark-skinned individuals. I was recommended a couple of lasers to use for small areas (like Halo and Clear and Brilliant lasers for my knees). I think a series of peels can work, but you have to do prep. I'm sticking to manual exfoliation and lactic acid lotion which are more sustainable for my sensitive skin (though will not peel my skin in sheets).

I am currently using a topical mix of Makari and gigawhite. I have Jarrow's reduced Glutathione, but I am testing the topical only to see how it works for me. I am not using glutathione at the moment. You can't half-ass glutathione use.

Glutathione is an antioxidant, that when taken orally, mostly gets broken down in the stomach. So in order to get 100mg of gluta, for example, you need to take like 1000mg (these are not exact numbers). It is recommended to take about 3000mg of gluta and 1200mg of vit c daily consistently at least. There are different kinds of glutathione from Jarrow's: reduced, acetyl are the two most talked about. Acetyl is more resistant taken orally, hence it's more expensive. You have to consistently take several grams daily along with vitamin C to see results. You have to effectively mega dose on it - it's not cheap. If you can't maintain testing it for 4-6 months (plus continuous use as once you stop taking gluta, its effects wear off), I wouldn't attempt it until you can. The same with liposomal gluta. This version is bound to a lipid (essentially like a protective cover). Once taken orally, it passes through the stomach without getting broken down. It is also more expensive; I found a couple of brands on Amazon, Core and LipoNaturals I think - but again you have to use a lot and use it continuously.

I have taken liposomal gluta, but I didn't take it long enough to see results. I did it for a month or so. You need to keep taking it with a large dose of vitamin C to see results.

Read the thread on Glutathione and Results for more info. People who have been seen results with gluta IVs (IVs go direct to your bloodstream and the most effective)have posted their journey on there. If you can find pre-made liposomal glutathione or make suppositories (suppositories absorb more directly since they bypass the stomach), that is an option. Be ready for bloating though.

All that said, your mileage may vary. Others can correct me or share what's worked for them. I can't personally attest to glutathione and vitamin C yet, but that's where I would start.
Thankyou for the long answer .. I’m not dark .. I pass for light skin in india I know it’s different everywhere .. but yes my skin on stomach and back is abnormally dark that people notice .. yes I have a sensitive skin .. I have heard about the green peeling oils and yellow peeling oils .. yes can u please send the link from where you got the GPO,? I’ll first start with the lactic acidosis peels to prep myself but as they say you need to exfoliate I tried only KS n it doesn’t seem to work .. are there other soaps you tried which gave you result ? For exfoliating? When I did my research I found SHC glutathione website and some people here have tried the liposomal gluthathoine. Have you heard of this website? I am currently only on vit c .. before I had used bleaching creams that had hydrogen peroxide .. it worked pretty well for my hands and a little for my legs .. but it gave me PIH so I stopped .. I never went darker than that and that was years ago I never used it again it’s been 3 years .. so I suppose that it’s my natural skin and got rid of some tan.. but I’m never planning to use it again ..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you are already fair, you probably don't have to do much lightening. Focus on gently exfoliating first. Since you might have more sensitive skin, try using your own LA lotion - buy Lactic Acid and add a small amount to a base lotion.

soaps? people have a lot of personal soaps they like. Search threads on info.

Many like Kojie San, Likas or Asantee Papaya soap. I like Glytone body wash and have used it in the past. I like using Korean Italy Towel a couple of times a week on days I shave (but you have to be careful not to overdo it). For example, if I use KIT/exfoliation soap on Monday night I won't use any exfoliating topicals that night and only skin build, on Tuesday I will just use regular soap - nothing exfoliating and no actives (like LA lotion) that night either (only lighteners maybe that don't irritate). On Wednesday, I might use LA lotion at night. With sensitive skin, you have to be more gentle and stagger out your active products so as to not irritate the skin.

Right now I'm using Makari's Naturelle exfoliating soap (it's ok, pretty gentle). How long have you been using Kojic soap? try to only spot treat on areas with thicker skin since it's irritating you elsewhere.

I've heard good things about SHC glutathione, but haven't used it myself. bbjames69 sells peeling oil on Ebay. I haven't used it yet since I'm using up my lactic acid.

In order to see products work for you, you have to stay consistent. Try not to rush out and get a bunch of different things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts