Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go on a new journey. My last journey to success was all about getting as light as possible. This time around I not only want to get light but I want to get to a color I can Marian forever. Now I don’t mind redarkening a shade or two here and there throughout life I’m not asking for perfect just consistensey. It’s been so hard redarkening this much and it’s taking a lot to get back to where I was. I moved to Atlanta in June from Minnesota and the weather difference is killing me I have to walk around campus to different classes that are sometimes ten mins apart and I can’t get away from this deadly Georgia sun. I need your help guys so far here is what I’m working with. Unfortunately I can’t use HQ on my body anymore because it breaks me out in rashes and thins my skin. I feel like my skin has changed. There’s something in that dodo lotion that can really mess up your skin if you’re not too careful, but it’s the only thing that lightens so much, that and piona.

g&g lotion
dodo lotion
ikb lotion
carotien lotion
10% glycolic lotion
amlactin
coco nut oil
raw ivory shea butter
vit e oil
clear essence fade cream

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I’m dealing with so far thin dark skin I’ve skin built for like 2-3 months it was wayyyy worse before but I’m feeling so discouraged, and I burned up today in this hot ass Georgia sun and I had on GA from the night before and did not shower this morning.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the gray is right now after the sun and my hand in the other picture was last night I darkened like 2 shades from on day in the sun and I had on sunscreen!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2CF3D258-05ED-411F-99C5-FBA1754B8479.jpg
I’m also getting a sauna suit soon ass long as other things in my cart hopefully I’ll have everything by oct 30

·
Registered
206 Posts
@lightenme Are you able to wear long sleeves that are loose and cool? Do you mind carrying a UV umbrella? When I was not avoiding the sun as much as possible my arms wouldn’t budge.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also I skin build like twice a week with a Shea butter/ coco butter elastin lotion mix, I melt the butter double boiler style then mix it into the lotion

·
Registered
622 Posts
Which sunscreen do you use?

Southern weather is hard to lighten in, especially if you don't have a decent sunscreen.

I think that's the only thing that's allowed me to maintain all summer...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which sunscreen do you use?

Southern weather is hard to lighten in, especially if you don't have a decent sunscreen.

I think that's the only thing that's allowed me to maintain all summer...
it’s a whole other devil lol I was using the neutrgena baby one but now I just got the aveenoo baby 21% zinc and it’s white caste isn’t as bad. What do you use how do you save yourself in this harsh weather

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sunscreen everyday, and I try and stay indoors or in shady areas. Wearing long sleeves has helped protect my arms--which tan darker than other parts--from the sun, too.

·
Registered
973 Posts
@lightenme: why'd I think you lived in London?:confused: Anyways I think I kinda figured something out: yes wear sunscreen but expose your skin to the sun a bit so it will adapt whereas shielding it forever and the one time it gets exposed you redarken like 10 shades and then you'll really be pissed. Or maybe it's just me :whistle:

·
Registered
622 Posts
@lightenme: why'd I think you lived in London?:confused: Anyways I think I kinda figured something out: yes wear sunscreen but expose your skin to the sun a bit so it will adapt whereas shielding it forever and the one time it gets exposed you redarken like 10 shades and then you'll really be pissed. Or maybe it's just me :whistle:
That wouldn't make much of a difference.
There are people, usually fair skinned, that will burn no matter how much they slowly ease their skin into sun exposure.

I think it was the glycolic acid. AHAs increase the skin's sensitivity to the sun.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have decided to go on a new journey. My last journey to success was all about getting as light as possible. This time around I not only want to get light but I want to get to a color I can Marian forever. Now I don’t mind redarkening a shade or two here and there throughout life I’m not asking for perfect just consistensey. It’s been so hard redarkening this much and it’s taking a lot to get back to where I was. I moved to Atlanta in June from Minnesota and the weather difference is killing me I have to walk around campus to different classes that are sometimes ten mins apart and I can’t get away from this deadly Georgia sun. I need your help guys so far here is what I’m working with. Unfortunately I can’t use HQ on my body anymore because it breaks me out in rashes and thins my skin. I feel like my skin has changed. There’s something in that dodo lotion that can really mess up your skin if you’re not too careful, but it’s the only thing that lightens so much, that and piona.

g&g lotion
dodo lotion
ikb lotion
carotien lotion
10% glycolic lotion
amlactin
coco nut oil
raw ivory shea butter
vit e oil
clear essence fade cream
@lightenme

"Light as possible" trnaslate to me as "I dont care about the quality of my skin, I just wanna be light". This can be a bit reckless.

I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but see if you can get hour hands on some lipsomal glutathione. This stuff changed the game for me. You're female, so luckily you dont have to take much to achieve the lightening effects. I'm 6'2 190, so I go through about three bottles a month.

Dodo is only dangerous in large doses. I assume you're applying 5 days a week twice a day which is why it messed up your skin. Dilute it with some coco butter lotion so you're getting some skin building in conjunction with lightening.

Speaking of skin building what are you using for it? Rose hips oil has been a staple for me cause of its Vitamin A.

Good luck, though. Georgia sun is relentless but lucky winter is up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello,

I used to see your posts a lot on here. My old username was PhoenixCharm, probably won't remember me but I am glad your still doing your routine.

Biggest thing that is tanning you right now is the sun. Even in the shade about 30-50% of UV rays get you. I suggest a good sunscreen with high PPD, this will take longer for your skin to tan. Then you just re-apply as usual.

Bioderma has a PPD of 42. Daylong lipsomal has a PPD of 50. Uriage bariesun (one of them) contains a PPD of 65 I think but that ones a bit greasy. These are all European sunscreens. Please don't bother with US ones. Googlef you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Personally zinc 20% tanned me on my holiday even after regular re-application and in high quantities. So perhaps you need a new sunscreen. Also helps to get some UV hats (those tennis ones), an umbrella and maybe even clothing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey just a few suggestions to your list:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6TZM6E/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A9CBOD883AXWX&th=1

Its a 32 ounce mineral sunscreen costs only 35 dollars. Has 6 percent zinc oxide and 11 percent titanium dioxide so its properties are lower than the one you have but i think it would be a good "buffer" sunscreen dont you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Lactic-Acid-88-Home-Brew/dp/B000MBW7V2/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1537291651&sr=1-2&keywords=home+brew+ohio+lactic+acid

Seems pretty much the same i bought 2 of these. don't want to run out yea

https://www.amazon.com/Palmers-Butter-Formula-Therapy-Rosehip/dp/B008S8U48E/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1537292811&sr=8-5&keywords=palmers&th=1

what's your SB regimen look like? i've heard a lot of good things about this product

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hello,

I used to see your posts a lot on here. My old username was PhoenixCharm, probably won't remember me but I am glad your still doing your routine.

Biggest thing that is tanning you right now is the sun. Even in the shade about 30-50% of UV rays get you. I suggest a good sunscreen with high PPD, this will take longer for your skin to tan. Then you just re-apply as usual.

Bioderma has a PPD of 42. Daylong lipsomal has a PPD of 50. Uriage bariesun (one of them) contains a PPD of 65 I think but that ones a bit greasy. These are all European sunscreens. Please don't bother with US ones. Googlef you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Personally zinc 20% tanned me on my holiday even after regular re-application and in high quantities. So perhaps you need a new sunscreen. Also helps to get some UV hats (those tennis ones), an umbrella and maybe even clothing.
Dang, sounds like you know your stuff. @gymrat, is this true?

1 - 20 of 366 Posts