Skin Care Talk banner

301 - 320 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
@Mazikeen hi ! could you please give a SIMPLE way to get a 25% c serum ? teaspoons preferably. Thanks in advance. ;)
Also what are your thoughts on Tranxemic acid, azelaic acid, MAP and SAP ?
@steviegirl I buy the serum online. Can recommend the Ordinary and MUAC vit. C serums. If you want to DIY, gymrat can help you out. I use Belo Kojic & Tranexamic acid soap and I really like it, one of my staples. It exfoliates very well and brightens the skin. I used the lotion also with kojic & tranexamic acid, it was ok - also exfoliates & brightens skin. For me tranexamic acid is like niacinamide, it works slowly but it brightens the skin and gives it a healthy glow. Have used MAP but for me it was meh - nothing mind blowing - vit c serum> >. Never used azelaic acid but I hear its good for treating acne. Haven`t tried SAP but I know Mad Hippie vit C has SAP & peeps have been raving about it, you could give it a try but I wouldn`t hope for more than a little brightening. hth

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've been taking glutathione 2000mg a day with 4000mg msm, 600mg nac and 2000mg vit C for the past 3 months and so far I dont see any lightening or brightening effect. But someone I've known for years told me just the other day that they just noticed I had brown eyes. I've had very very dark brown almost black eyes all my life and now they are medium brown.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
I've been taking glutathione 2000mg a day with 4000mg msm, 600mg nac and 2000mg vit C for the past 3 months and so far I dont see any lightening or brightening effect. But someone I've known for years told me just the other day that they just noticed I had brown eyes. I've had very very dark brown almost black eyes all my life and now they are medium brown.
Wow I didn’t know glutathione could lighten eyes I’m still taking glutathione right now although I’m using HQ on my face I’m hoping it won’t affect it too much

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
What do your hands look like now after the 90% la peel and dodo? Do u think the oil would work on knuckles ?
228817B5-A3F3-419B-AB6F-77121C4F6164.jpg
this is what the look like now I want to do another peel after a couple of weeks they could be better but in okay with them for now. I’ve never tried dodo oil but I’ve tried G&g oil in them and it worked I’d recommend doing the peel first then using the oil on the for better penetration also I don’t recommend using dodo all over for more than 5 months after 5 months only use dodo on tough knuckles other wise use G&g lotion and oil

·
Registered
327 Posts
@steviegirl I buy the serum online. Can recommend the Ordinary and MUAC vit. C serums. If you want to DIY, gymrat can help you out. I use Belo Kojic & Tranexamic acid soap and I really like it, one of my staples. It exfoliates very well and brightens the skin. I used the lotion also with kojic & tranexamic acid, it was ok - also exfoliates & brightens skin. For me tranexamic acid is like niacinamide, it works slowly but it brightens the skin and gives it a healthy glow. Have used MAP but for me it was meh - nothing mind blowing - vit c serum> >. Never used azelaic acid but I hear its good for treating acne. Haven`t tried SAP but I know Mad Hippie vit C has SAP & peeps have been raving about it, you could give it a try but I wouldn`t hope for more than a little brightening. hth
@Mazikeen Thanks a mill for your reply. I'm good with just brightening. No acne issues, dealing with aging skin. 50 has come and gone ! :cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh wow ! I cannot do msm. Put on soooooooo much weight when I tried it. You are sooo lucky !

·
Registered
327 Posts
View attachment 65487
this is what the look like now I want to do another peel after a couple of weeks they could be better but in okay with them for now. I’ve never tried dodo oil but I’ve tried G&g oil in them and it worked I’d recommend doing the peel first then using the oil on the for better penetration also I don’t recommend using dodo all over for more than 5 months after 5 months only use dodo on tough knuckles other wise use G&g lotion and oil
Looking good !Keep up the good work, you inspire lots of people even if they don't post ! Me being one of them. ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Please explain ? Vit C serum is actually one of my staples !
It’s just not compatible with my skin I used the drunk elephant one and got burned a bit because I was using it with ikb gel which I don’t think is a good combo

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Looking good !Keep up the good work, you inspire lots of people even if they don't post ! Me being one of them. ;)
aww you’re so sweet thank you so much for the encouragement! I definitely don’t think I would have made it this far in my skin lightening journey without you guys and sct!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow I didn’️t know glutathione could lighten eyes I’️m still taking glutathione right now although I’️m using HQ on my face I’️m hoping it won’️t affect it too much
I'm actually using clinic clear oil on my face and body on alternating days with RA. I used extreme glow serum.for a week and it made my face red. After g&g oil disappeared I cant find anything that works as well. I'm almost back at my original color. I was mainly using glutathione and other supplements for a detox. Didnt expect eyes getting lighter. I wish it would lighten skin more than eyes

301 - 320 of 366 Posts