Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SCT,
Recently I have been feeling darker I'm not sure if this is redarkening from roids or what. This is my skin tone right now in different lighting situations shot with an iPhone 6 Plus. The pictures will go from darkest to lightest lighting situation.

Okay so I don't think I redarkened to or past my original shade NC50 ish. What shade do you guys think that I am based on these photos taken in different lighting. My goal is to get to NC30-35 by the end of this year. I'm so determined I'm willing to do anything!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I feel like this is the most accurate depiction my my skin color maybe a little lighter because my wall is white in real life lol (this was taken on the back camera of my iPhone 6 Plus

Anyway this is the regime I plan on doing for the next 2-3 months lets me know your thoughts
Text Font Line Document

This is going to be my journey to success! I will get to NC30-35 by the end of the year. I will get a nose job, I will get my fillers and I'll be everything I've always wanted to be. I said that this was my year so I'm going to make things happen!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I feel like this is the most accurate depiction my my skin color maybe a little lighter because my wall is white in real life lol (this was taken on the back camera of my iPhone 6 Plus
View attachment 16657
Anyway this is the regime I plan on doing for the next 2-3 months lets me know your thoughts
View attachment 16665
This is going to be my journey to success! I will get to NC30-35 by the end of the year. I will get a nose job, I will get my fillers and I'll be everything I've always wanted to be. I said that this was my year so I'm going to make things happen!
you look so even, I still love the complexion. What are you gonna be skin building with? Any supplements Hun?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you look so even, I still love the complexion. What are you gonna be skin building with? Any supplements Hun?
thank you! I've honestly have never skin builded in all of my years of lightening, I'm too afraid that I'll get darker or I'm loosing time that I could use to gain some progress, but I do have some palmers coco butter with Shea butter. Theses are the supplements I plan on taking
Product Vegan nutrition

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
thank you! I've honestly have never skin builded in all of my years of lightening, I'm too afraid that I'll get darker or I'm loosing time that I could use to gain some progress, but I do have some palmers coco butter with Shea butter. Theses are the supplements I plan on taking
View attachment 16673
Your welcome Hun :) , really? I guess since my skin is dry I have to skin build. Those are some great supplements. I'm taking glutathione, msm , vitamin c and fish oil. How many years have you been lightening?? I need to know what you used to get you so even! My legs thighs and chest are NC 50 and everything else is NW 50...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard people skin build to take a break from HQ acids and to help their skin when it becomes to thin from lightening and exfoliating. I've been lightening on and off for about 5-6 years. I think the RDL baby face peels and caro white are what made my skin the way it is now! Although carowhite back in the day was the bomb and gave the best results I don't know what happened now. But it's all about consistent and patients at the end of the day. I've always wanted to try gluta pills and msm pills but I heard they don't work because they don't over flow the liver enough to yield any lightening results. But peels are the best thing to do to get an even tone! I'm gonna do one soon too! What Mac shade do you think I am now btw, I can't decide

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Ohhh okay, does the rdl baby face make you peel a lot? Also, I realized peels are best to use on my face, I feel like the lightening it gives me looks natural...I used lactic acid 40% on my face but stopped..I take reduced l glutathione by jarrows and it helps to detoxify me, give me energy and brighter skin. The msm cleared some dark spots on my lips, I just ordered another bottle. It's worth a try! Skin Arm Joint Material property Hand

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you want a mathematical analysis from a computer, you are currently around NW43 depending on the lighting (shadows and sunny areas skew this value down or up). At your darkest, I get a value around NC55.

Your shadey score range is 4 to 5.3 depending on lighting.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Recently I have been feeling darker I'm not sure if this is redarkening from roids or what.
A relevant side effect of steroids is vasoconstriction, which is what gives that pale, light look. That color can't be maintained (which would require continuous blanching, which is detrimental to your skin), at least from the research I've read, so I was pretty surprised when you said that you maintained steroids successfully. When you switched, you went from steroids to a high concentration of HQ, right? Perhaps you've become resistant to hydroquinone, but it's hard to tell why you might have redarkened -- did you follow proper SAP and cycle on and off the HQ? Carowhite has hydroquinone, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Ohhh okay, does the rdl baby face make you peel a lot? Also, I realized peels are best to use on my face, I feel like the lightening it gives me looks natural...I used lactic acid 40% on my face but stopped..I take reduced l glutathione by jarrows and it helps to detoxify me, give me energy and brighter skin. The msm cleared some dark spots on my lips, I just ordered another bottle. It's worth a try! View attachment 16697
This picture is cool and everything for the NC shades BUT I don't like it BECAUSE it's WAAAY more NW shades then the picture is showing. NW goes from NW10-58 NW10/13/15/18/20/22/25/30/33/35/40/43/44/45/46/47/48/50/55/58

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
A relevant side effect of steroids is vasoconstriction, which is what gives that pale, light look. That color can't be maintained (which would require continuous blanching, which is detrimental to your skin), at least from the research I've read, so I was pretty surprised when you said that you maintained steroids successfully. When you switched, you went from steroids to a high concentration of HQ, right? Perhaps you've become resistant to hydroquinone, but it's hard to tell why you might have redarkened -- did you follow proper SAP and cycle on and off the HQ? Carowhite has hydroquinone, if I remember correctly.
Yes hunnie CW has about 4-5% of HQ.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
This picture is cool and everything for the NC shades BUT I don't like it BECAUSE it's WAAAY more NW shades then the picture is showing. NW goes from NW10-58 NW10/13/15/18/20/22/25/30/33/35/40/43/44/45/46/47/48/50/55/58
I wasn't looking for one with all the shades I was just looking for whichever one looked like it has her shade on there.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohhh okay, does the rdl baby face make you peel a lot? Also, I realized peels are best to use on my face, I feel like the lightening it gives me looks natural...I used lactic acid 40% on my face but stopped..I take reduced l glutathione by jarrows and it helps to detoxify me, give me energy and brighter skin. The msm cleared some dark spots on my lips, I just ordered another bottle. It's worth a try! View attachment 16697
i might try some if I have any extra money! Yes I feel like peels give a very smooth natural butter like texture to the skin. Yes rdl makes you peel in sheets. You apply it once every night for three days and within 3-4 days of the application you should see results!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want a mathematical analysis from a computer, you are currently around NW43 depending on the lighting (shadows and sunny areas skew this value down or up). At your darkest, I get a value around NC55.

Your shadey score range is 4 to 5.3 depending on lighting.
thanks for the analysis! what do the score numbers mean??

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i might try some if I have any extra money! Yes I feel like peels give a very smooth natural butter like texture to the skin. Yes rdl makes you peel in sheets. You apply it once every night for three days and within 3-4 days of the application you should see results!
When you do let me know how it worked for you Hun, aww man I can't use it then lol I don't want to attend class peeling in sheets :( how long did the peeling last

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that's why I'm confused?!? I maintained for months! I just started redarkening! I've been using HQ for 5-6 year so maybe I'm becoming immune! What do I do I can't live with out HQ! I'm practically a vampire and when I do go outside its after 5pm and I wear athoils zinc sunscreen and I wear so much protective clothing only my face is exposed

1 - 20 of 564 Posts