Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have experienced a huge set back. I over exfoliated my skin leaving it thin dry textured bumpy and dull and just plain terrible. This all started when I finally reached my goal of NC30 I got so greedy and decided I would try to be as pale as i possibly can be so I began to amp up my lightening I would put on the dodo or g&g soap and sit in it for hours before finding it off I would even wear my sauna suit with it. Then I'd apply a mixture of dodo and g&g lotion and oil right after my shower when my skin was damp(big mistake) I did this for a month and I became sooooo white, my hands matched everything was perfect NC20 was even too dark for me I was a #4 in the Giorgio Armani luminous slik foundation. But then my skin got very very thin but I still continued as long as I was light I didn't care I did no skin building at all, I was even doing this to my face. I became obsessed. Finally I started getting these bumps from overexfliation and my skin was as thin as a white old person if not thinner I got scared and stopped using dodo and just used coconut oil my skin was gaining strength again but me being me I decided to add RA and my g&g soap into the mix, this got me back to thin land then I just used cerave cream for about a week and that is where I am now my skin is getting thicker but it is still thinish. I've ordered a bunch of skin building oils like Camilla oil, lavender oil, emu oil avocado oil etc. I am addicted to lightening so I'm going to make a mix of dodo lotion g&g oil and lotion cerave cream, olive oil, skin therapy oil, lavender oil, camila oil, emu oil and avocado oil this I will apply this everyday. Not bleaching for that whole week has made me sooo depressed. Now I'm so dark I don't recognize myself

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
photo's removed
This is the damage that I have caused my skin also I occluded with my dodo and g&g mix every single night for a month and I would used the pink kit to scrub my skin every single day. As I type this I seriously I'm wondering what the heck was I thinking. Anyway I want to post this thread and journey to show that recovery is possible and my skin will become flawless I do not give up easily and if you are having problems i do not want you to give up as well

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened to you. But I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time with that attitude. Keep at it!
I strongly suspect dodo to have steroids in it and occluding with steroids will come with a fair share of problems like stretch marks and discoloration. Skin thinning is only one issue. There are other problems associated with prolonged and deep steroid use.
You need to take a different approach to healing and lightening for now.

Is you skin irritated or raw to touch? Or is just the pigmentation and thinning?
Also, do you DIY basic lotions?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am glad you have the right attitude about this. You can heal and recover. What you need to stop thinking about right now are the scars and focus on healing. Your skin is an organ like your liver and kidneys and needs time to heal itself.

I would suggest you do the following.

1. Go to a dermatologist and find out extent of the damage if there might be something other than what you see on the surface. Just in case - always go for a doctor check up even get your bloodwork done.
2. Change your diet to foods that will cleanse your liver and boost the healing of your skin. Raw fruits and vegetables - up your intake of foods that will boost glutathione levels and take Vitamin C, Vitamin E and just make sure you are getting the correct amount of daily protein and a balanced diet overall that is clean.
See below is a recommendation for a diet to help build skin:
eat a diet high in bone broths, good quality protein from good quality (ideally organic grass fed) meats and eggs, loads of veggies, unpasteurised fermented veggies, kombucha (a fermented tea that makes the glucuronic detox pathway more effective) loads of berries, fruit, healthy fats (fish, grass fed beef, extra virgin cold pressed flax oil / meal, eggs, avocado, nuts, seeds, coconut, butter, ghee, cold pressed EV olive oil, skate liver oil), and low in grains and sugar is the way to eat your connective tissue healthy.
3. For skin building apply oils that will penetrate your skin daily that includes jojoba oil, bio oil coconut oil and castor oil (castor oil is really good because it takes toxins out).
4. Apply skin building butters like raw shea butter
5. Use scar gels/creams like Mederma Advance Scar gel usually used by people with burn scars. It has an ingredient that promotes tissue growth and minimizes scarring.
6. Cover up and apply sunscreen
7. Increase your water intake
8. Use aloe vera soap or raw shea butter soap or another gentle chemical free organic soap
9. Instead of using the sauna suit to apply lightening creams use the sauna suit with hydrating creams and oils

I hope this helps you as your recover. Once your skin has had time to heal then slowly introduce lightening but you need at least three months without the use of even gentle lighteners including Dodo oil and GnG. It will be a BIG sacrifice but you need to stop now. Let your skin get strong enough before you lighten again if you want GOOD LONG-TERM results. Remember small sacrifices you make will help you succeed in the end. It's like you are racing to the finish line and your shoe laces come undone but instead of stopping to tie them up you just keep running and you might trip and fall and lose everything or you can stop tie your shoelaces and have a nice solid finish.

If you are really that addicted you need to consider therapy or look into programs and ways to break addiction - it takes 28 days to break out of a habit so maybe your small goal for now can be 28 days without lightening. Post on SCT if you ever need our support and best of luck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
@lightenme im so sorry ...but i think u can definitely recover it doesn't look deep, it was due to acid overload Kojic acid and AHA ( both G&G and DODO have high amounts). I would suggest to skin build without any lighteners for about 1 month and use amlactin. Good luck !
When u got so light what did u use on your eyelids ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
OMG! so sorry love.we all have made terrible skin lightening mistakes,luckily yours is very reversible.
say NO TO ACIDS for now.
butters(shea,kukai,jojoba oil,aloe gel(raw).olive oil and water in a spray bottle is a quick and easy way to apply aswell.
hope that helps.
wish you speedy recovery hun.x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh noo honey I have been there twice in December with horrible burns allover my body.
And in march with white spots on my neck I feel for and Im gonna pray for you that you also recover like I did.
I think acids are like satan sneaky and come to steal your skin I will never use acids on my body exept knuckles, toes, ellbows.

Good luck and trie shea butter out its really good.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so sorry this happened to you. But I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time with that attitude. Keep at it!
I strongly suspect dodo to have steroids in it and occluding with steroids will come with a fair share of problems like stretch marks and discoloration. Skin thinning is only one issue. There are other problems associated with prolonged and deep steroid use.
You need to take a different approach to healing and lightening for now.

Is you skin irritated or raw to touch? Or is just the pigmentation and thinning?
Also, do you DIY basic lotions?
Yea I honestly regret using dodo now it's very irritated it was raw but not anymore now

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad you have the right attitude about this. You can heal and recover. What you need to stop thinking about right now are the scars and focus on healing. Your skin is an organ like your liver and kidneys and needs time to heal itself.

I would suggest you do the following.

1. Go to a dermatologist and find out extent of the damage if there might be something other than what you see on the surface. Just in case - always go for a doctor check up even get your bloodwork done.
2. Change your diet to foods that will cleanse your liver and boost the healing of your skin. Raw fruits and vegetables - up your intake of foods that will boost glutathione levels and take Vitamin C, Vitamin E and just make sure you are getting the correct amount of daily protein and a balanced diet overall that is clean.
See below is a recommendation for a diet to help build skin:

3. For skin building apply oils that will penetrate your skin daily that includes jojoba oil, bio oil coconut oil and castor oil (castor oil is really good because it takes toxins out).
4. Apply skin building butters like raw shea butter
5. Use scar gels/creams like Mederma Advance Scar gel usually used by people with burn scars. It has an ingredient that promotes tissue growth and minimizes scarring.
6. Cover up and apply sunscreen
7. Increase your water intake
8. Use aloe vera soap or raw shea butter soap or another gentle chemical free organic soap
9. Instead of using the sauna suit to apply lightening creams use the sauna suit with hydrating creams and oils

I hope this helps you as your recover. Once your skin has had time to heal then slowly introduce lightening but you need at least three months without the use of even gentle lighteners including Dodo oil and GnG. It will be a BIG sacrifice but you need to stop now. Let your skin get strong enough before you lighten again if you want GOOD LONG-TERM results. Remember small sacrifices you make will help you succeed in the end. It's like you are racing to the finish line and your shoe laces come undone but instead of stopping to tie them up you just keep running and you might trip and fall and lose everything or you can stop tie your shoelaces and have a nice solid finish.

If you are really that addicted you need to consider therapy or look into programs and ways to break addiction - it takes 28 days to break out of a habit so maybe your small goal for now can be 28 days without lightening. Post on SCT if you ever need our support and best of luck.
this is very good advice thank you my face is suffering as well and I only used dodo on my face none of the other crazy things so I know dodo is the main culprit, I don't know if I can do 3 months!! I'm getting darker and darker as the days past how do I explain to people how I went from super light to charcoal??? Are there any gental non exfoliating lighteners out there??

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG! so sorry love.we all have made terrible skin lightening mistakes,luckily yours is very reversible.
say NO TO ACIDS for now.
butters(shea,kukai,jojoba oil,aloe gel(raw).olive oil and water in a spray bottle is a quick and easy way to apply aswell.
hope that helps.
wish you speedy recovery hun.x
acids are the devil lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh noo honey I have been there twice in December with horrible burns allover my body.
And in march with white spots on my neck I feel for and Im gonna pray for you that you also recover like I did.
I think acids are like satan sneaky and come to steal your skin I will never use acids on my body exept knuckles, toes, ellbows.

Good luck and trie shea butter out its really good.
I agree! I'm forever going to be scared to use them how did you recover?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Omg.. go to a doctor.... your beautiful an young.. steriods is not worth it hun..... this looks like damage from steriods not acid btw.....

remove dodo.....
Do you think dodo has roids? What lighteners do you think I could use that is safe and doesn't cause skin thinning you know like with no acids in it

·
Registered
528 Posts
It definitely looks like the work of roids.
Skin thinning is a tell tale sign of roid use. Acids don't cause thinning. Sure over use can cause burns but used properly they actually cause thickiening of the epidermis by boosting collagen, not thinning.
Allow some time for your skin to heal fully. Then you should be able to introduce peels or exfoliating lotions.

Yes hun. There are lighteners that can lighten you while you skin build. But you will have to DIY. These are some of the
-Ellagic acid
-ascorbic acid
-niacinamide
-n acetyl glucosamine
-licorice extract
-resveratrol
-grapeseed extract

All these are antioxidants, anti-inflammatory flavonoids or vitamins that aid in building collagen, healing and lightening. You wont find adequate compositions in commercial preparations. You will have to DIY your own but the cool thing is you can add all other usual skin building agents like shea butter and olive oil to create a super healing, skin building and lightening lotion in one. I'm not sure if it would really help your situation but if you are going to try anything this might as well be it.

It's a little tricky to DIY with ellagic acid but it's nothing you can't do. I'll write up a recipe if you are willing to give it a go.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Sorry about this setback Lightenme. A good number of us do get over ambitious and botch up sometimes too. You'll be healed in no time. :pray: My advise is that you : ** Please see a derm' first n foremost. ** Also use aloe vera gel & do a healing mix of raw shea butter+black seed oil+msm powder to layer over it. This will fast forward recovery for you. ** Start taking Glutathione+Vit.C to help cleanse, detox and heal your body from the inside. ** Don't stress - this will pass and you'll get your groove backn better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry about this setback Lightenme. A good number of us do get over ambitious and botch up sometimes too. You'll be healed in no time. :pray: My advise is that you : ** Please see a derm' first n foremost. ** Also use aloe vera gel & do a healing mix of raw shea butter+black seed oil+msm powder to layer over it. This will fast forward recovery for you. ** Start taking Glutathione+Vit.C to help cleanse, detox and heal your body from the inside. ** Don't stress - this will pass and you'll get your groove backn better.
100% agree with this.. See a derm and just take your time an recover and as annoying and quite frankly depressing as it maybe. Take time to heal.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts