Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I went to my dermatologist he prescribed me a bethamethasone cream that I used in the morning
I used Shea butter once at night mixed with a thick babylotion @lightenme
This is a bit gross but I only showered twice a week with Dodo osun.
I did this for a month and my skin got so much better my burns looked like yours.
2 month I used f&w aha soap and the aha lotion and used a microexfo gloves
And dead skin came off.
And after the second month my skin returned almost to normal I have small burns on my back but they are so small I cant see them in normal light.

Much love hope you best look honey❤
Omg this gives me so much hope you guys are really helping me stay strong and motivated!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
U will heal in no time [email protected] ligthenme
amrutha can u please advise if its wise to add L-ascorbic, LA and kojic acid in a lotion to come up with a cream ?
I don't remember where I read or why but it's not advisable to mix LA and ascorbic acid. Its usually recommended to use ascorbic in the morning and LA at nigght

You can layer a 10% vitamin serum and then a kojic serum.

But I don't think it's a good idea to mix them all together.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
@lightenme Don't give up.....its only a setback! Like slayanna said just tell ppl you had an allergic reaction.
Sweet Almond Oil is moisturizing and helps with lightening.
Mitchell Brand products are super gentle too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Unfortunately I have experienced a huge set back. I over exfoliated my skin leaving it thin dry textured bumpy and dull and just plain terrible. This all started when I finally reached my goal of NC30 I got so greedy and decided I would try to be as pale as i possibly can be so I began to amp up my lightening I would put on the dodo or g&g soap and sit in it for hours before finding it off I would even wear my sauna suit with it. Then I'd apply a mixture of dodo and g&g lotion and oil right after my shower when my skin was damp(big mistake) I did this for a month and I became sooooo white, my hands matched everything was perfect NC20 was even too dark for me I was a #4 in the Giorgio Armani luminous slik foundation. But then my skin got very very thin but I still continued as long as I was light I didn't care I did no skin building at all, I was even doing this to my face. I became obsessed. Finally I started getting these bumps from overexfliation and my skin was as thin as a white old person if not thinner I got scared and stopped using dodo and just used coconut oil my skin was gaining strength again but me being me I decided to add RA and my g&g soap into the mix, this got me back to thin land then I just used cerave cream for about a week and that is where I am now my skin is getting thicker but it is still thinish. I've ordered a bunch of skin building oils like Camilla oil, lavender oil, emu oil avocado oil etc. I am addicted to lightening so I'm going to make a mix of dodo lotion g&g oil and lotion cerave cream, olive oil, skin therapy oil, lavender oil, camila oil, emu oil and avocado oil this I will apply this everyday. Not bleaching for that whole week has made me sooo depressed. Now I'm so dark I don't recognize myself
Sorry. I bet u it's the soap. Dodo soap is strong in a bad way...
Plus don't stay with soap that long. Never occlude with it either.
You'll heal soon. Keep hope. Please don't occlude with anything for now. Even oils. Occlusion makes you prone to serious bacterial n fungal skin infections. See a derm for best solution
All the best

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hope you are feeling better. please consider how light you are trying to get, find a happy medium where your skin is beautiful, healthy and golden. You need your skin for a long time.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@lightenme Don't give up.....its only a setback! Like slayanna said just tell ppl you had an allergic reaction.
Sweet Almond Oil is moisturizing and helps with lightening.
Mitchell Brand products are super gentle too.
I think I'll back off from all lightening for the 3 months like everyone is saying it's better to let myself completely heal first then to continue to damage it and get no where

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Sorry. I bet u it's the soap. Dodo soap is strong in a bad way...
Plus don't stay with soap that long. Never occlude with it either.
You'll heal soon. Keep hope. Please don't occlude with anything for now. Even oils. Occlusion makes you prone to serious bacterial n fungal skin infections. See a derm for best solution
All the best
Yes I just booked an express appointment for April 26!

·
Registered
527 Posts
@lightenme you are young you will bounce back this will pass keep your head up and focus on healing and go slow and steady so you can maintain your skin and keep it healthy

41 - 60 of 91 Posts