Registered
2,115 Posts
Baby that skin!
Rub that oil!

·
Registered
65 Posts
@lightenme how is your skin doing babe?

Do you went to a dermatologist it will def help your skin to visit asap.
If you want I can pm you pictures of how bad my skin looked like 4 months.
It was beyond scary. But know almost evrything cleared up.

So keep ya head up

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh my goodness girly! I know results are really exciting but you gotta take it slow. I took a break from lightening and Im just getting back to it. I didnt know g&g had a soap!!! Where did you get it? Thats crazy that dodo soap did that to you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
As I'm rereading this thread, I'm thinking this may have to do with the cleansing oil. I was looking this stuff up and it does specifically say "cleansing" oil. Are you supposed to wash it off? I used G&G oil religiously and adore it. Dodo and G&G seem to have the same ingredients so I'm confused. I doubt the products did this to you. You've used super high amounts of HQ before as well as steroids so I doubt that something as natural as these products would really scar you like this. I'm so confused. Plus, you used to be a lot darker. All of the skin thinning with the occluding could have a lot to do with this. At least this isn't a redarkening thing you know? These are clearly irritated burns that could be easily recovered. How are you holding up? @lightenme

I'm about to order the dodo soap and oil (me and lotions or creams never really mix well so I wont start now). I'll let you know how it works for me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As I'm rereading this thread, I'm thinking this may have to do with the cleansing oil. I was looking this stuff up and it does specifically say "cleansing" oil. Are you supposed to wash it off? I used G&G oil religiously and adore it. Dodo and G&G seem to have the same ingredients so I'm confused. I doubt the products did this to you. You've used super high amounts of HQ before as well as steroids so I doubt that something as natural as these products would really scar you like this. I'm so confused. Plus, you used to be a lot darker. All of the skin thinning with the occluding could have a lot to do with this. At least this isn't a redarkening thing you know? These are clearly irritated burns that could be easily recovered. How are you holding up? @lightenme

I'm about to order the dodo soap and oil (me and lotions or creams never really mix well so I wont start now). I'll let you know how it works for me.
I redarkened on spots I used Dodo..

this worrying..
@lightenme you ok hun?

·
Registered
409 Posts
yes that's what's keeping me going! Luckily I'm only22 so hopefully by 22 I will back to flawless skin or as close as I can get
Im so sorry hun that you had this setback. My advise (to myself) which i will share with you. Please set a goal before you start lightening again. If you start this journey without a goal you will fall to this addiction again and I'm sure you don't want to ruin your skin again. Make sure your goal is realist and set a very realistic time line of when you expect to get to your desired shade.

Given that you have done it all ( roids/HQ/KA/LA) before you have an advantage, pick mild exfoliants and baby your skin, try to use "natural" lighteners (if there's such a thing) and religiously skin build twice a week ( I'm sure you know this) but given that you skipped it before, its best that you get this down ( write it down if you must) pin it on your dresser, program it under reminders on your phone so it's an automated reminder for you.

Doing this from day 1 of your new lightening journey will help keep you disciplined. This way when you finally get to your goal you won't be tempted to go past that goal. Right now more than anything discipline is what you need, you are determined and you've got the right attitude to bounce back. but we need to add some much needed discipline so you can have healthy skin and resist those tempting voices that keep pushing you to over do it.

No doubt in my mind, You will bounce back. :heart:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Hello skincare talk I'm finally back and I've been through hell and back from having my brother almost trying to kill me by beating me bloody and then having to move out of the house by myself, from having totaled two cars and having no car to being all by myself because my boyfriend broke up with me to working the worst job ever (being a sales accociate at Nordstrom)where I had to quit because the girls were so mean, luckily my sugar daddy has been supporting me financially and mentally and paying my rent or I would be either dead (suicide) or homeless but all in all on my skin is getting better I'm getting better and better every day the skin on my body is healthy and thriving but unfortunately I have come across another problem! Before the skin on my face was beautiful everyone would ask if I had make up on when I didnt, but apparently my aunt is super jealous of me she's always commenting about how nice my skin is but in like a weird way like a jealous way and one day she gave me this soap to use which had coconut in it and didn't tell me until after my skin got really bad and she knows that coconut doesn't work well with my hair because it made my scalp flaking and get all itchy and red now my face is like that I broke out in hives or I don't know this is a rash hives whatever, but I'll post some pictures down below it's like I take one step forward and ten steps back it's getting really hard for me but I'm trying and pushing currently I am using a mixture that I have concocted filled with different oils as well as CARO white this got my skin nice after I thought that my skin was healthy I was able to incorporate DODO and g&g and ikb lotion and gel and sure whit gel and precious gel and x treme bright gel I use this mix only on my body, on my face I use the clear essence fade cream and it's been working like a miracle it is truly my holy Grail and then after I put vitamin E oil on top on my body I skin building every night with raw shea butter my skin is smooth and strong I've also gotten rid of harsh soaps and I only use organic soaps that are moisturizing that have things like olive oil oats and such

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
My skin care talk I need your help once again you've help me get my skin back into shape now can you please help me with my face the hives have stopped growing but still they're on my face or hives rash I don't know what this is on my face please help me how do I clear this up I want my perfect skin back please

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Life has been really beating me up lately due to the fact when I got into the car crash I was driving to suspended license because I didn't pay any of my tickets and I also was driving without insurance because my mom called my insurance without even telling me and so now I have to go to court for that and I have to pay for the damages they do in the car crashes I have no insurance I feel like I'm sinking I'm trying to swim but I'm gonna keep going because life will get better and I know it well and just pray for me guys and all your prayers and send away all evil

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am so happy to see your skin back in shape again as for your face maybe the experts may help I truly have no idea about this.

Welcome back and about all the up and down you been going through so sorry thank God he saw you through. In time like those prayer is key. Never forget God my dear.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Omggg I'm sooo happy for you. Your skin is to die for ???? keep up the good work. I'm sorry about your accident.. things must work out don't worry keep positive and take everyday one day at a time. For your rash you could use Betacort ointment.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Keep your head up @lightenme. Don't let yourself get over whelmed........take things one day at a time. When you go to court be honest and explain your situation. The Judge will understand if you are honest and sincere. You aren't the first person that has fallen on tough times......so don't be afraid to tell the court. As for your rash try taking Benadryl or another form of antihistamine.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hello skincare talk I'm finally back and I've been through hell and back from having my brother almost trying to kill me by beating me bloody and then having to move out of the house by myself, from having totaled two cars and having no car to being all by myself because my boyfriend broke up with me to working the worst job ever (being a sales accociate at Nordstrom)where I had to quit because the girls were so mean, luckily my sugar daddy has been supporting me financially and mentally and paying my rent or I would be either dead (suicide) or homeless but all in all on my skin is getting better I'm getting better and better every day the skin on my body is healthy and thriving but unfortunately I have come across another problem! Before the skin on my face was beautiful everyone would ask if I had make up on when I didnt, but apparently my aunt is super jealous of me she's always commenting about how nice my skin is but in like a weird way like a jealous way and one day she gave me this soap to use which had coconut in it and didn't tell me until after my skin got really bad and she knows that coconut doesn't work well with my hair because it made my scalp flaking and get all itchy and red now my face is like that I broke out in hives or I don't know this is a rash hives whatever, but I'll post some pictures down below it's like I take one step forward and ten steps back it's getting really hard for me but I'm trying and pushing currently I am using a mixture that I have concocted filled with different oils as well as CARO white this got my skin nice after I thought that my skin was healthy I was able to incorporate DODO and g&g and ikb lotion and gel and sure whit gel and precious gel and x treme bright gel I use this mix only on my body, on my face I use the clear essence fade cream and it's been working like a miracle it is truly my holy Grail and then after I put vitamin E oil on top on my body I skin building every night with raw shea butter my skin is smooth and strong I've also gotten rid of harsh soaps and I only use organic soaps that are moisturizing that have things like olive oil oats and such
Smh I'm sooo sorry your experiencing that love, sending love your way!! Youre in my prayers, and your skin tone is beautiful

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Keep your head up @lightenme. Don't let yourself get over whelmed........take things one day at a time. When you go to court be honest and explain your situation. The Judge will understand if you are honest and sincere. You aren't the first person that has fallen on tough times......so don't be afraid to tell the court. As for your rash try taking Benadryl or another form of antihistamine.
Yes that is what I'm trying to do along with setting small little reachable goals at a time! My rash is gone thank god! I'm just hopping everything gets resolved

61 - 80 of 91 Posts