Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry about this setback Lightenme. A good number of us do get over ambitious and botch up sometimes too. You'll be healed in no time. :pray: My advise is that you : ** Please see a derm' first n foremost. ** Also use aloe vera gel & do a healing mix of raw shea butter+black seed oil+msm powder to layer over it. This will fast forward recovery for you. ** Start taking Glutathione+Vit.C to help cleanse, detox and heal your body from the inside. ** Don't stress - this will pass and you'll get your groove backn better.
The wealth of knowledge you have @AIME is amazing!

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@gymrat ... Happy to be back Gymmie . Ain't disappearing any time soon girlfriend of mine. Glad to be back.

Reactions: gymrat

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
@AIME we missed you wlc back!
@lightenme hope you are doing ok we miss you too

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@slayanna :knuddel: I missed y'all too hun.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im facing a similar situation right now y'all.
Ive been using kojic acid for at least 1.5 years and I have lightened up a lot. I was never really dark to begin with I was an nc35, but my neck (from tanning) and hyperpigmentation on my body was in the nc45-50 range. I wanted to become an nc20 and became interested in skin lightening and never really focused on skin building.
I didnt know that skin lightening makes your skin very thin in the long run.
I was using kojie san and it was working perfectly, cleared up a lot of hyperpigmentation, evened out my skin tone, got rid of my pimples and acne scars. But I felt it was quite slow then I switched to a soap called Marie France which is a professional strength soap.
It was too strong for me and I was only moisturizing dry areas with coconut oil such as my face for instance or feet. I felt the marie france soap was too strong for my skin and I realised that my skin was becoming very thin. I dont know how to post pictures on here. But its mostly under my breasts and on the inside of my arms. I can see capillaries and because its thinned out, my skin has hyperpigmented those areas which means Im back to square one. I never had hyper-pigmentation under my breasts or the inside of my arms to begin with. I originally had hyper-pigmentation on my waist-line and bikini area.

I have now switched back to kojie san again, despite it being a lower concentration I feel that it is better than overloading your skin with acids. Ive found that its better to use a lower concentration of kojic acid and use it sparingly than using a high concentration, then damaging your skin and eventually stopping use all together which means re darkening.

Kojie san is working very well in terms of lightening, I believe its just over-exfoliation thats caused this. I know people say acids dont thin the skin like steroids, but they do! I have used nothing other than a high percentage of kojic acid for at least a year and a half thats caused this problem.

I dont use the soap every day like I used too. Ive learnt my lesson. I only use it once every second day for 1 minute on my face and 2 minutes on my body. I moisturise with coconut oil from head to toe and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.
But coconut oil doesnt thicken the skin or stimulate collagen. Its just an excellent moisturizer.

Does anyone know of any proven way of thickening the skin? Im so desperate, its making me feel depressed. Although Im more concerned about skin building than lightening right now, I dont want to stop using kojie san. I just need to know of any proven and effective ways of incorporating things into my regimen to help me overcome this problem.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts